Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Sad to read of the passing of Bob Radford on the Swindon website. RIP

• Like 1

Have not seen it mentioned (apologies if it has!!) but according to the BSPA greensheets, effective 8th May, Swindon have dropped Grondal and brought in Danny Gappmaier. No mention on the Swindon website either.......not another BSPA c..k up surely!! If true a good move imho.

http://www.speedwaygb.co/files/downloads/p17_issue_5.pdf

Have not seen any announcement about this. The way that Emils name is in the OG section it seems the bspa may have jumped the gun, no doubt we will find out in the next few days if this is correct.

Do not know anything about D Gappmaier though.

Sad news about the passing away of Bob Radford

http://www.swindonrobins.co/news.php?extend.2867.1

• Like 1

Can only see Danny being a stop gap until the new averages come out(surely)

You would have thought so decent talent quite exciting but surely not ready for this level?

Strange to see a new signing appear on the BSPA website but not announced by the club. I can only think they wanted to keep everything about the Sprockets at the moment, but still a strange situation.

Dont know anything about the new guy, as is pretty normal for this year, so a case of wait and see.

Sad to hear about Bob Radford. I got to know him a bit when he was at Reading and was very touched when he turned up at my dad's funeral.

Strange to see a new signing appear on the BSPA website but not announced by the club. I can only think they wanted to keep everything about the Sprockets at the moment, but still a strange situation.

Dont know anything about the new guy, as is pretty normal for this year, so a case of wait and see.

Sad to hear about Bob Radford. I got to know him a bit when he was at Reading and was very touched when he turned up at my dad's funeral.

Twitter from Speedway GB stating that we have released Emil and signed Danny Gappmaier.

Edited by A ORLOV

Hope Dany is better than the last Austrian rider we had...didn't last long, can't even remember his name?!

Hope Dany is better than the last Austrian rider we had...didn't last long, can't even remember his name?!

Manuel Hauzinger....had a great debut beating Scott Nicholls and scoring 8 points (having replaced Theo Pijper) but tailed off after that if I remember correctly.

• Like 1

Has Grondal been poor?

Yes in my view.

You would have thought so decent talent quite exciting but surely not ready for this level?

Didn't rate Emil but can't see that Danny is even as good as him.

A very strange signing.

Yes in my view.

Didn't rate Emil but can't see that Danny is even as good as him.

A very strange signing.

Gappy is an upgrade, and has been scoring well this year for Berwick (not many could say that) so probably nothing to lose, but will be going to many tracks for the first time and will miss several meetings too, I am sure.

Edited by MrMungo