British Speedway Forum

Isn't Tungate still on a 9 average? I've got no idea what's going on with averages this year.

Isn't Tungate still on a 9 average? I've got no idea what's going on with averages this year.

Under the start of the season averages where the team limit is 50 yes, but at some point all the averages will be changed to what the riders are actually scoring this season and the team limit changed to 42 and it was mentioned somewhere that his average will be about 5ish.

Scores tonight for Nick and Dany at Berwick v Peterborough

Berwick 50 Peterborough 40

Nick 2,3,3,3,3 14

Dany 3,3,1,3,1,2,0 13+1

Adam Ellis just missed out on a run off for last place for getting through to the World U21 final. He came 8th with 9 points.

Edited by A ORLOV

Under the start of the season averages where the team limit is 50 yes, but at some point all the averages will be changed to what the riders are actually scoring this season and the team limit changed to 42 and it was mentioned somewhere that his average will be about 5ish.

Nick 2,3,3,3,3 14

Dany 3,3,1,3,1,2,0 13+1

Adam Ellis just missed out on a run off for last place for getting through to the World U21 final. He came 8th with 9 points.

I appreciate that, but when people talk about us signing Tungate aee they talking about signing him on a 9 or on a 5?

Nick 2,3,3,3,3 14

Dany 3,3,1,3,1,2,0 13+1

Nick going really well now getting momentum,Dany whether we keep him or not looked promising on Thursday and he is an interesting rider for the future.

I appreciate that, but when people talk about us signing Tungate aee they talking about signing him on a 9 or on a 5?

Although Tungate is still listed as 9.03 as the replaced rider on the BSPA list, I believe I'm right in saying that he has completed the required 4 home/4 away meetings and should therefore now qualify as a 5.09 rider.

I guess he could only be signed on 5.09 by a club that has completed their 4 home/4 away meetings?!

Even building to 42 points he would be a reasonable 2nd string or even reserve for most clubs - as long as the clubs retain their 2 Brits!!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 2

So is it two Brits or 2 of NL experience? Can Nick Morris count as a Brit or BWD as a NL eligible rider?!

So is it two Brits or 2 of NL experience? Can Nick Morris count as a Brit or BWD as a NL eligible rider?!

The regulations state two riders who have ridden in or are eligible for the NL. This seems to have been shortened to "two Brits" by people, but there is nothing in the regulations that mentions Brits specifically.

However, the regulations also state riders will get a new average seven days after completing 4H and 4A, which doesn't seem to be the case.

So in conclusion, who knows.

BWD rode in NL so has to count afaic.

Morris has never used his British dual nationality so I hope he doesn't get to use it now!

BWD rode in NL so has to count afaic.

Morris has never used his British dual nationality so I hope he doesn't get to use it now!

I'll think you'll find Morris rode in the NL for Buxton...

Will he have to use it now? 🤔

• Like 1

Will he have to use it now?

If he rode in the NL then that should cover it.

Will he have to use it now?

Correct he rode for them in 2010, so it seems with the usual ambiguity in and not thinking the rules through, could he be our second rider required by the rules?.

As per usual the bspa rules are just random words, making little sense and open to interpretation.

• Like 2

The regulations state two riders who have ridden in or are eligible for the NL. This seems to have been shortened to "two Brits" by people, but there is nothing in the regulations that mentions Brits specifically.

However, the regulations also state riders will get a new average seven days after completing 4H and 4A, which doesn't seem to be the case.

So in conclusion, who knows.

Yes my bad. It was originally proposed as 2 Brits and then changed to the NL reference.

Looking at roughly how Doyley Morra and David will look average wise think we need to make another team change now otherwise fitting someone in worthwhile after 4+4 will be pointless