British Speedway Forum

Correct he rode for them in 2010, so it seems with the usual ambiguity in and not thinking the rules through, could he be our second rider required by the rules?.

I am not a rules person per se, however, I have checked them. 18.7.1makes no reference to the fact that the rider must be British. The only stipulation is that you start with, and maintain (18.7.3) two riders who have ridden in the NL.

By default, I think we have ourselves our 2nd NL rider! 👍

Good news if that is the case as that will give us some wriggle room if we go ahead and make any changes.

Edit: We also have ZW but given BWD is currently injured he may be a casualty of the numbers game depending on the length of time he is on the sidelines.

Edited by theblueboy
  • Like 1

Looking at roughly how Doyley Morra and David will look average wise think we need to make another team change now otherwise fitting someone in worthwhile after 4+4 will be pointless

Maybe we need a nice heavy defeat at Wolves!

When changes are made will have a big effect on who goes. If we change before the 4+4 then Adam is most likely to get replaced, but if he gets his 3 average we will instantly get the standard of reserve we needed.

So it seems we have plenty of leeway as far as NL is concerned, with BWD and Nick Morris also included, giving us 4.

When changes are made will have a big effect on who goes. If we change before the 4+4 then Adam is most likely to get replaced, but if he gets his 3 average we will instantly get the standard of reserve we needed.

Yeah Monday could be rather useful!

So it seems we have plenty of leeway as far as NL is concerned, with BWD and Nick Morris also included, giving us 4.

We should have had a couple of big defeats earlier as that would make very little difference come Sept.

So is it two Brits or 2 of NL experience? Can Nick Morris count as a Brit or BWD as a NL eligible rider?!

I seem to remember that Nick has dual nationality. I think that he didn't need a visa when there was all that problem with the Aussie's visas.

Edited by DunRobin
  • Like 1

For who?

Somerset next monday :wink: .

Somerset next monday :wink: .

How can that be, Swindon haven't won at home in the league all season. If its as good as the match at the Oaktree, which is unlikely, will be in for a treat. Hopefully good weather and 2000 plus crowd.

Edited by beefy keefy

How can that be, Swindon haven't won at home in the league all season. If its as good as the match at the Oaktree, which is unlikely, will be in for a treat. Hopefully good weather and 2000 plus crowd.

The way our luck is going we will lose to them.

Will have to see if ER has two different outfits on that day.

Edited by A ORLOV

The way our luck is going we will lose to them.

Will have to see if ER has two different outfits on that day.

Ha! I have to admit the "20 point defeat" comment was my (as it turned out)!poor prediction for the match at Wolves!

Monday's match will always be Swindon for me. Swindonian born and bred! Somerset is fantastic speedway every week and I am fortunate enough to live within striking distance of both clubs.

• Like 3

Ha! I have to admit the "20 point defeat" comment was my (as it turned out)!poor prediction for the match at Wolves!

Monday's match will always be Swindon for me. Swindonian born and bred! Somerset is fantastic speedway every week and I am fortunate enough to live within striking distance of both clubs.

After visiting Somerset they have become my second team.

• Like 1

After visiting Somerset they have become my second team.

That's how it was for me keef. First visit was whenSwindon rode at the OTA in a challenge match in 2006 I think. I got totally hooked by the brilliant racing, then used to visit 3/4 times a season. Now I'm a regular and a fan.

The club is run superbly with friendly management and track staff. The supporters are knowledgeable and sporting.

Friday night is definitely speedway night for me these days.

• Like 4

Somerset will perhaps be strengthened by Lewis Bridger coming in at #2 in place of Lewis Kerr on Monday.