British Speedway Forum

It was confirmed today by Mike Bowden, on Wiltshire Radio, that Swindon will start off the 2017 season at the Abbey Stadium. They will transfer to the new stadium at such time as it is finished. He confirmed that the old stadium can not be demolished until such time as the new stadium is finished. He has also confirmed that all teams will have to contain 2 Brits, although both of them do not have to be at reserve. Racing will be along the same lines as last season's PL format. He confirmed that riders who have both EL & Pl averages will ride on their PL average & El average only riders will have their average converted by multiplication of their EL average by 1.4.

• Like 4

Apart from the 'news' about the stadium and the fact that 'all teams' have to have 2 Brits, everything else was in the BSPA statement.

As its the first time I've seen anything vaguely official about 2 Brits in each team, I wonder if the Brits will have a % reduction of their average?!

Apart from the 'news' about the stadium and the fact that 'all teams' have to have 2 Brits, everything else was in the BSPA statement.

As its the first time I've seen anything vaguely official about 2 Brits in each team, I wonder if the Brits will have a % reduction of their average?!

Yes, that's a point, they always used to get a 2.5% reduction as I recall.

You will have to ask your contacts if the % reduction for Brits is still applicable.

• Like 3

You will have to ask your contacts if the % reduction for Brits is still applicable.

Never is usually shy about going on about his contacts is our Skidder1☺

Yes, that's a point, they always used to get a 2.5% reduction as I recall.

They did get a reduction but haven't for a few years now.

They did get a reduction but haven't for a few years now.

I think the reduction is 2.5% for any rider who has ridden in the National League

There is a thread in the News and Discussion section.

We were told work would start on Oct 28th, then that work was delayed a couple of weeks.

One individual posted that someone had dug a few holes at the site.

That is it.

Thanks

Very tough to build a team around such a ridiculous average.

Jason Doyle 13.69

I would guess Graczonek would join him and than a pick and mix of CL and NL riders.

Possibly Erik Riss or Dmitri Berge?

Jason Doyle 13.69

I agree how can anyone have an average above 12.00....

Typical BSPA Muppets..

should have been capped at 12.00

Typical BSPA Muppets..

Even 12:00 is harsh. One EF and it is no longer obtainable.

Be interesting to see which riders end up where between Somerset & Swindon, I guess due to location allot of Somerset riders were doubling up with Swindon.

Something like:

Doyle, 6 pointer, Alden, 6 pointer, Morris, Neilsen, 2 pointer.

Edited by Col

Even 12:00 is harsh. One EF and it is no longer obtainable.

The point is its not supposed to be with a 50 point limit. The vast majority of riders will finish with a lower limit than what they started with.

• Like 2

Typical BSPA Muppets..

Because in a 50 point limit ALL riders average are higher than they should obtain. If you cap them at 12 then the guys on 11-12 are a lot less desirable.

It does make sense. Stop looking at an average as an average of what a rider can score and more a relative value to their team.

Jason Doyle 13.69

I would guess Graczonek would join him and than a pick and mix of CL and NL riders.

Possibly Erik Riss or Dmitri Berge?

Would rather have Nick over Josh.

With the way it's looking, I think Sedgmen & Morris are ok value for their averages in a weakened league. Possibly throw in Klindt (if he can be tempted back) and build below that.

Top heavy but was always going to be with Jason on 13.41.