British Speedway Forum

People are very hung up on this 13.41 average, it's different, but I don't see why we can't still put together a side to challenge......it may only become apparent that we're ok once other teams start getting announced.

If 50 points win a meeting and Doyle is good for 13-15 in most meetings then why is he not worth a punt? Of course his average will drop, but so will all teams combined average.

• Like 1

Poor side tbh.

Wright would struggle at No.3

T. Kurtz would struggle period.

I don't think Swindon can put a decent side together with Doyle taking up 13.41 of the points.

Tbf Klindt would effectively be the third heat leader. not much value in the averages of kurtz/nielsen though. be better off upgrading one of those to morris (who would be first name on my list) and dropping the other for a 2 pointer.

SWINDON

1 Jason Doyle 13.41

2 Brady Kurtz 7.65

3 Justin Sedgmen 7.60

4 Todd Kurtz 5.76

5 Stefan Nielsen 5.53

6 Nicolai Klindt 5.42

7 Robert Branford 4.60

Total 49.97

B kurtz will surely be at poole and Klindt surely at wolves? and can't understand people leaving out morris?

• Like 1

Any team suggestions with Jason? I just had a bit of a go. I came up with this, which doesn't look too weak from 2-7 bearing in mind what other sides will look like too.

Doyle 13.41

Harris 9.21

Wright 6.59 (hmmm, Charles as third heatleader looks a bit dodgy)

T. Kurtz 5.76 (random last rider who fitted in)

Klindt 5.42

Nielsen 5.53

Ayers 3.70

That comes to 49.62. Doyle and Harris would be a damn good spearhead.

That looks a good, well balanced team. Klindt should be a steal, but I imagine whoever has the biggest chequebook will get his signing. Kurtz, Nielsen and Ayres all have potential to improve.

SWINDON
1 Jason Doyle 13.41
2 Brady Kurtz 7.65
3 Justin Sedgmen 7.60
4 Todd Kurtz 5.76
5 Stefan Nielsen 5.53
6 Nicolai Klindt 5.42
7 Robert Branford 4.60
Total 49.97

Not for me thanks

How about:

Jason Doyle (13.41)
Nick Morris (8.97)
Davey Watt (7.56)
Demitri Berge (6.91)
Stefan Nielsen (5.53)
Max Clegg (4.04)
Danny Ayres (3.56)

Doyle...............13.41

Morris...............8.97

B.Kurtz.............7.65

Klindt................5.42

Nielsen.............5.53

MPT..................5.18

Ayres................3.70

B.Kurtz.............7.65

Nielsen.............5.53

We can only dream of signing Kurtz and Klindt and MPTs average is 6.98.

Nice team though. Would certainly challenge in the new league.

B.Kurtz.............7.65

Nielsen.............5.53

MPT has a higher average than that?.

Will there be a rule that new riders will not be allowed when Jason drops his average??.

We can only dream of signing Kurtz and Klindt and MPTs average is 6.98.

Nice team though. Would certainly challenge in the new league.

Where are you getting MPT average from?

I see now rode for two teams, oops

MPT has a higher average than that?.

Will there be a rule that new riders will not be allowed when Jason drops his average??.

No one knows what limits will be set after first set of averages are achieved, probably something ridiculous.

Edited by noggin

B.Kurtz.............7.65

Nielsen.............5.53

How many double-uppers in all these suggested teams?

With everyone from Freddie Lindgren down in the averages able to sign for a Championship team, especially the more reliable and cost-effective Brits who don't have foreign clubs, it could be almost impossible for Premiership teams to sign good riders if only two double-uppers are allowed.

Practically every team will need two double-uppers in the 1-5 and two more at reserve or have to look to foreign fringe riders like Huckenbach and Grondal!

How many double-uppers in all these suggested teams?

With everyone from Freddie Lindgren down in the averages able to sign for a Championship team, especially the more reliable and cost-effective Brits who don't have foreign clubs, it could be almost impossible for Premiership teams to sign good riders if only two double-uppers are allowed.

Practically every team will need two double-uppers in the 1-5 and two more at reserve or have to look to foreign fringe riders like Huckenbach and Grondal!

It's OK, Rosco still has Jurica Pavlic, Dawid Lampart and Renat Gafurov's numbers on his old Nokia he keeps in the loft.

• Like 1

It's OK, Rosco still has Jurica Pavlic, Dawid Lampart and Renat Gafurov's numbers on his old Nokia he keeps in the loft.

Yep. Trawling the old Greensheets for a one-season flop!

Yep. Trawling the old Greensheets for a one-season flop!

Dawid Lampart was part of our Elite League winning team!

People are very hung up on this 13.41 average, it's different, but I don't see why we can't still put together a side to challenge......it may only become apparent that we're ok once other teams start getting announced.

If 50 points win a meeting and Doyle is good for 13-15 in most meetings then why is he not worth a punt? Of course his average will drop, but so will all teams combined average.

If Doyleys average drops he wont be good for said amount then, would he. Bad move imo

It would be ridiculous 8f they keep the 50 point limit based on actual averages, and Chris Louis has alluded some conversion will be used - which is unnneccesary, they should just drop the limit to 42/43 points.

So far only the promoters know what will happen with the team average total after the first green sheets, but if we go on past performance (cock ups) of the bspa rule makers nothing would surprise me re if they have thought it through.

If they had thought things through we would not have the mess they seem to have got themselves into with the averages attained last year.