Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

It appears we've made progress with team building, announcements due when the ink is dry on the contract.

In a watered down league Morris will be in IMO, he still miles betters than most. People forget he rode all season as a heat leader, no easy rides like some have had.

The rumours can all end now

BREAKING | After recent speculation we can confirm @Jasondoyle43 WILL be leading us into the 2017 season on a 13.41 average.

Edited by hyabb17
  • Like 3

Swindon Speedway
‏@SwindonSpeedway

BREAKING | After recent speculation we can confirm @Jasondoyle43 WILL be leading us into the 2017 season on a 13.41 average.

It's great to see Swindon sticking by their man

• Like 4

It's all relative. The points limit is 50, so it's not a realistic figure anyway.

If you take a team average to be around 42 - 42/50 = 0.84.

So, to use a well used TV phrase, Doyles average in "real terms" is 11.26.

Correct...

And given the standard of likely opposition you would expect him to score 12 to 13 a night at least off his usual five rides...

12 points is over 25% of the way to victory off one rider so well worth a team place with the total average now being 50...

Correct...

And given the standard of likely opposition you would expect him to score 12 to 13 a night at least off his usual five rides...

12 points is over 25% of the way to victory off one rider so well worth a team place with the total average now being 50...

Plus, of course, there's the possibility of tactical rides, particularly away from home, which could be worth a further 3 points on his score that don't count towards his average.

Great to see he's still included in the side after the AGM revelations.

• Like 1

Glad we have not missed a trick like Poole have concerning Holder great to have Doyley back great news.

Glad we have not missed a trick like Poole have concerning Holder great to have Doyley back great news.

Let's see who wins the league. I have ultimate respect for Swindon, but on this occasion wrong decision. I wanted Chris so bad, but it just means a weak 6,7 in your team. Newman has beaten Woffy, sure he can take Doyle on. Hhahahah.

I wanted Holder back however their was no point in signing Chris because we would end up with a weak tail end of the team.

With all due respect Swindon wont stand a chance of making the Play-Offs because their team will be Un-balanced with a poor engine room imo.

How I hope we end up above Poole at the end of the season.

• Like 1

No chance. Maybe above Rye House and Leicester but that's about it imo.

:rofl:

I wanted Holder back however their was no point in signing Chris because we would end up with a weak tail end of the team.

With all due respect Swindon wont stand a chance of making the Play-Offs because their team will be Un-balanced with a poor engine room imo.

Swindon may or may not win the league but at least we'll get the chance to see possibly the best rider in the World in the team. Not to be sniffed at.

For me I want Swindon to have a good team, but I also want to have riders that mean something to me as a supporter of the side rather than just a mathamatical equation.

For me I am so glad that Jason is in the side. I may still go from time to time now. If he'd been dropped I probably wouldn't have bothered.

Seems to be an influx of Poole supporters here commenting on Jason being in the Swindon team. I think it is some kind of "denial" because they are grieving the loss of their quality number one.

Swindon will do just fine.

• Like 7

Swindon may or may not win the league but at least we'll get the chance to see possibly the best rider in the World in the team. Not to be sniffed at.

For me I want Swindon to have a good team, but I also want to have riders that mean something to me as a supporter of the side rather than just a mathamatical equation.

For me I am so glad that Jason is in the side. I may still go from time to time now. If he'd been dropped I probably wouldn't have bothered.

Seems to be an influx of Poole supporters here commenting on Jason being in the Swindon team. I think it is some kind of "denial" because they are grieving the loss of their quality number one.

Swindon will do just fine.

They deserve to after standing by their main man (unlike Ford).

They deserve to after standing by their main man (unlike Ford).

quite agree and poole my team if Jason paid by points should earn mega bucks next season

How I hope we end up above Poole at the end of the season.

Been a while since that has happened! :D