British Speedway Forum

Batch on that average is a must for any team.

Yes, he rides like a Jack and Danny at the mo, however, there are reasons why and he doesn't have to even try to hit the average. One gate and go and he has 3 points.

A man of GP quality, irrespective of his current woes, should be able to hit at least 5 a meeting, His gating should be far too good for most 2nd strings. It's his ability to hit the corners at pace that is his problem. Solve that, and he is a 7.5 rider.

If he can't, then sad to say it, he is finished.

Edited by theblueboy

Wouldn't touch Batch would a barge pole. He burnt his bridges last season. Average is attractive but that's it. I'm hoping for Killer as a 2 heat leader to JD. Would mind krystain Pieszczek either.

• Like 1

Killer for me too. No to Harris.

I am no fan of Batch but if you are talking about a rider, or any rider for that matter, that has room to increase an average, he is most certainly a rider that fits in to that category. He could easily add a point or more and it's these riders that win titles.

As you say tho', bridges have been burnt.

Pieszczek or, possibly Przedepelski would be interesting, but it would depend on initial averages.

Pieszczek or, possibly Przedepelski would be interesting, but it would depend on initial averages.

Would they ride in this country???

I'd like to see

1. Jason Doyle 9.78

2. Troy Batchelor 4.96

3. Rohan Tungate 6.37

4. Peter Kildemand 7.10

5. Hans Andersen 7.15

6. Charles Wright 4.00

7. 3.00??? Will Stefan drop back down to 3.00 with the new averages for fast track riders? Or what is the conversion rate for PL to EL will Thomsen fit? (With 3.14 left) Or how about Danny Ayres? Or Ashley Morris if he's not at Wolverhampton

• Like 1

Would they ride in this country???

I'd like to see

1. Jason Doyle 9.78

2. Troy Batchelor 4.96

3. Rohan Tungate 6.37

4. Peter Kildemand 7.10

5. Hans Andersen 7.15

6. Charles Wright 4.00

7. 3.00??? Will Stefan drop back down to 3.00 with the new averages for fast track riders? Or what is the conversion rate for PL to EL will Thomsen fit? (With 3.14 left) Or how about Danny Ayres? Or Ashley Morris if he's not at Wolverhampton

Good team apart from you can only have two riders over 7 I think the rule states. If only Hans had dropped to 6.99!

Good team apart from you can only have two riders over 7 I think the rule states. If only Hans had dropped to 6.99!

Do you know the rules for next year then?

• Like 4

speedway requires a major overhaul to get the sport thriving again.

For me, two things are a must: weekly speedway and IMHO, 6 man teams with a similar points limit to this season, 40 maybe..?

We don't really have the required riders to facilitate a strong Elite League which over the years promoters have been running a cost saving exercise which by in large, hasn't worked.

Promoters need to promote their business, which isn't really been done around the country, except for a few, Poole & Glasgow spring to mind.

So let's get the sport back into the public eye and reap the rewards. :t:

speedway requires a major overhaul to get the sport thriving again.

For me, two things are a must: weekly speedway and IMHO, 6 man teams with a similar points limit to this season, 40 maybe..?

We don't really have the required riders to facilitate a strong Elite League which over the years promoters have been running a cost saving exercise which by in large, hasn't worked.

Promoters need to promote their business, which isn't really been done around the country, except for a few, Poole & Glasgow spring to mind.

So let's get the sport back into the public eye and reap the rewards. :t:

Have you not seen the number of local events Swindon Speedway have attended these past few months? Definitely working hard to promote.

I have never heard that rule in my life O.o That seems a little dumb to me

Have you not seen the number of local events Swindon Speedway have attended these past few months? Definitely working hard to promote.

I haven't really, so that's good news to hear.

We'll need to keep it going throughout the winter though, pushing the new stadium etc...

• Like 1

Team building rules may be different for next year but haven't been set yet.

Plus with teams going to proposed 6 man teams there is likely to be different rules.

I really hope it's not 6 man teams

• Like 1

I certainly don't want six man teams and i don't know what other Robins fans think but i don't want Batchelor back on any average.Nick i think needs a new challenge he has the ability and if he is our asset he can always comeback at some stage of his career.Nick,s situation reminds me a bit like what Rolf Gramstad had we all knew he was a good rider he changed scenery and blossomed at Leicester until he has his terrible injury.

Edited by Sidney the robin

Batch will be at Poole, same as Miedzinski was with his nice low average.

Batch likes Poole and well we also like our aussies and on that average who would not want him.

Just to clarify the rules this year state that you can have only 2 riders over an average of 7. You can have Jason Doyle and Magic with there very high averages or you can have Hans Andersen and Danny king but you can only have two. These were the rules this year. I personally think this should be increased to 3 simply so teams can have two low scoring 7s and a 8+ rider. And i don't think we can have rules saying you must have a certain number of brits no enough to go round. 6 and 7 should either be EDR riders or riders who are u21 and they can only move to second string. We should take pride as a nation that we have created so many great riders they may not be British but we create great riders. Hancock all the way to Woffy and Doyle.