British Speedway Forum

Morris seems to have had one to many chances and just because he is under Roscos roof does not mean he should automatically ride for Swindon I am surprised he has lasted there as long tbh

That is an incredibly harsh assessment. Morris was our best rider last year and held is own as a heatleader all season. This year he took gamble by not doubling-up and trying his hand abroad. Unfortunately for him, this hasn't paid off and he has suffered from a lack of track time.

Hopefully over the winter he can gather himself with a good showing in the Australian championships which in turn will allow him to boost his profile with a good run in the GP challenge.

I'd happily have Morris back next year with him doubling-up again to get a more consistent calendar.

• Like 1

Rosco said expect widespread changes.

1.Doyle=9.78

2.Schlein=5.12

3.Harris=6.62

4.Batch=4.96

5.Andersen=7.15

6.Wright=4

7. Woryna=4.61

42.24 overall. This is hoping that the average is 42.5. A team full of solid riders and Hans has proved he can ride just not for Swindon and with Harris 100 percent rider with Batch and Schlein with the potential with no injuries to be game changes!

No no no nothing like the side we will see next year I know of only two riders offered deals next year and only one of them is there! Doyley....as for crocks forget it so that rules out Troy

I really hope it's not 6 man teams

It's not

Spot on Lisa & that would be a stipulation for Nick to return.

Why these young riders can't use Doyley as a example of waiting for rides abroad when they are ready & not to soon.

I'd have Jason & Charles back from this years team & Nick as a 3rd heatleader if he doubles up.

Hopefully Killer will want to return but failing that I think Hans might be looking for a new team.

I just hope the new track is ready & waiting for us in March.

Let's just say Doyley is or will be having his say on next years side and after Friday it's more a case of who he doesn't want.......
  • Like 1

No no no nothing like the side we will see next year I know of only two riders offered deals next year and only one of them is there! Doyley....as for crocks forget it so that rules out Troy

It's not

Let's just say Doyley is or will be having his say on next years side and after Friday it's more a case of who he doesn't want.......

Oh so Doyley won't be singing the praises of the other 6 boys from this season.

• Like 1

I think Swindon would be silly to let Morris go. Send him down to Poole on a nice low average then. As long as he has a PL place I think he'll do well next season.

• Like 1

Oh so Doyley won't be singing the praises of the other 6 boys from this season.

Fair to say it could be more of a group decision than ever on any team constructing

That is an incredibly harsh assessment. Morris was our best rider last year and held is own as a heatleader all season. This year he took gamble by not doubling-up and trying his hand abroad. Unfortunately for him, this hasn't paid off and he has suffered from a lack of track time.

Hopefully over the winter he can gather himself with a good showing in the Australian championships which in turn will allow him to boost his profile with a good run in the GP challenge.

I'd happily have Morris back next year with him doubling-up again to get a more consistent calendar.

A gp challenge he is nowhere near that level at the moment he is behind the likes of Fricke, Masters, Kurtz, J.Holder (ect) he showed with his showings in Poland that he is light years away from that level.I rate Nick but he needs a new challenge also his average is quite high because of his home showings.

By the sounds of it the Dinner and Dance, Rider of the year and other awards this year may be a bit chilly.

• Like 1

A gp challenge he is nowhere near that level at the moment he is behind the likes of Fricke, Masters, Kurtz, J.Holder (ect) he showed with his showings in Poland that he is light years away from that level.I rate Nick but he needs a new challenge also his average is quite high because of his home showings.

Last season Morris was picked for Australia ahead of all those riders. He's had a bad year, he hasn't become a bad rider overnight.

A top three finish in the Australian championship will see him in the GP qualifiers for which the GP Challenge should be his target.

By the sounds of it the Dinner and Dance, Rider of the year and other awards this year may be a bit chilly.

So hopefully won't need the fire extinguishers this year then!!? :D:D:rofl::cheers:

All the fans saying Nick needs a new challenge, he will be riding on a new track etc for Swindon so I think he should stay as long as he had a doubling up spot.

With Rohan & Josh already having that last year Nick couldn't do that once Poland fell through.

Coventry's might be as well. :lol:

• Like 2

1.Doyle=9.78

2.Rory Schlein=5.12

3.Rohan Tungate=6.37

4.Scott Nicholls=6.51

5.Peter Kildemand=7.10

6.Charles Wright=3.5 on Converted PL average

7.Kyle Newman=3.75 on converted PL average

42.13= This team has two big hitters, give it all reserves, experience EL riders in Schlein and Scott. Tungate is the wildcard has potential to shine or fall.

Compare this to my Poole team

1.Magic=8.97

2.J.Holder=4.02

3.Vaclav Milik=5.67

4.Kurtz=6.40

5.KK=7.91

6.Ellis=3.00 no Pl average

7.Starke=4.27 Pl average

40.24 which team would win?? Youth vs Experience.

42.5 was the maximum

Edited by poolebolton

Ellis won't get a 3.00 average will he? He's on like a 6 now?

Edited by Dandelion

Ellis won't get a 3.00 average will he? He's on like a 6 now?

Last winter they did it on their PL averages not EL ones.