British Speedway Forum

I think Wilson-Dean is at least as good as Andersen, has much more experience of English tracks & will be happier & more committed as a home based rider. And cheaper too!

DC was thinking that myself in those U21s meetings last season i recon there were at least 10 riders better than Andersen in it Hansen (dane certainly).Andersen is promising has good credentials but i feel now maybe it was not a good time to introduce him.

Spent most of last season in reserve, starts in reserve for Peterborough but is a second string at Swindon. Yikkes!

Think the team is being built with the view of changing when the new averages kick in. BWD should be a strong no.6/2. Swindon reserve pairing wont last long imo.

• Like 1

Cracking rider...my only worry for him is his equipment, and whether it will be set up and fast enough for the old Swindon track.

Peterborough should be having the same worries then.

• Like 1

Quite a few predicted this so it doesn't appear a surprise.

what is baffling is why Rosco signed a new Dane on an assessed average without knowing what that average would be.

They only good thing to come out of this is that we appear to be dropping the ridiculously low 4 or 5 for assessed newcomers. Milik I believe was one of the last of those falsely assessed despite some Poole fans claiming he was a risk signing it was obvious to any sensible speedway fan that he would comfortably beat that.

Now with the top flight strength at an all time low no foreign rider should come in on a bargain average.

Hansen clearly has potential so if any team wants him give him a set average of 7 because you are signing a youngster for the future not to get a leg up with a ridiculous low average.

BWD certainly is going places so it's not like Swindon haven't got a decent replacement.

As a Somerset asset Swindon should have priority for fixture clashes.

Peterborough should be having the same worries then.

He'll do alright at reserve for Panthers and Robins...it's when he moves up into the main body he struggles. In saying that...he's progressed each year, hopefully he'll do the same again this season and become a solid second string. No doubting his ability and determination. It's Zach that's the weakest link imo. Love him to bits, but never seen a rider bottle it so much in the first turn. Complete opposite to BWD who's an animal in the first turn.

And Kerr?

Hasn't been a PL reserve for about 3 seasons now and spent time in an EL 1-5 next season :P

Is Grondal on 5.00 or 4.39 ?

Hasn't been a PL reserve for about 3 seasons now and spent time in an EL 1-5 next season :P

Sorry, my mistake. I thought he dropped to reserve with Scunthorpe this year after he was sacked by Ipswich. Anyway, I like him.

BWD is though only a little behind Kerr & Jake Allen. He can gate and overtake.

Is Grondal on 5.00 or 4.39 ?

I'm assuming 5 is the lowest level set for any rider not meeting that criteria as there is a few foreign riders under 5.

4. The lowest is 4. It WAS going to be 5 but the BSPA being a bunch of bottlers changed it to 4. So Grondal will be 4.39.

4. The lowest is 4. It WAS going to be 5 but the BSPA being a bunch of bottlers changed it to 4. So Grondal will be 4.39.

Why have they still got 5 in brackets then?

Rosco just tweeted that when it rains it pours. Something else gone wrong I wonder?

It is last years assessed figure. Riders then achieved a true average after 4H 4A but could not be lower than 3. The NEW low for 2017 is 4.

• Like 1

Because as SCB says, the BSPA were going to make all foreign averages be a minimum of 5.00 but changed it to 4.00

See below

http://www.speedwaygb.co/files/downloads/2017_team_building_numerical.pdf

Edited by Danny Smith

Interesting that Swindon have 3 riders in their team that were riding NL last year, 2 of them in their top 5. Will be great experience for them esp riding with Doyle