British Speedway Forum

It is last years assessed figure. Riders then achieved a true average after 4H 4A but could not be lower than 3. The NEW low for 2017 is 4.

Because as SCB says, the BSPA were going to make all foreign averages be a minimum of 5.00 but changed it to 4.00

See below

http://www.speedwaygb.co/files/downloads/2017_team_building_numerical.pdf

Thanks.

Interesting that Swindon have 3 riders in their team that were riding NL last year, 2 of them in their top 5. Will be great experience for them esp riding with Doyle

He will have to learn to look behind more and see if he can help them, that is what was great with L Adams he would slow down the opposition and get the number 2 to come through.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 2

Which is fair enough.

What amazes me is this lot spent a whole weekend ratifying rules for this season and still don't know what's going on!

Friggers, you should have been at the quiz last night and then you would have learned what a shambles the November BSPA Meeting was. Mike Bowden may as well have described them as milling about like headless chickens, with no agenda and backs of fag packets on which to inscribe the rules (those that were recorded!) Bowden is a clever businessman (although this was not supported by the score his team achieved in the quiz!!!) who appeared to be quite shocked by how decisions were made for this year and may as well have called them unprofessional (as we all know them to be,) there are too many vested interests which come to bear and it sounded like Swindon wanted to, at least, protect the product's quality but were out-voted by other less-succesful promotions. I like this guy but am concerned that he will get fed up with the lack of professionalism in due course.

To quote him from last night, "Yes BWD is fine but do you not think we would have signed him originally if he had been our first choice over MBA?"

What all this wonderful stuff to take British Speedway forward by the BSPA means is that the quality of the product becomes weaker and weaker due to the fact that you cannot blood new foreign talent in the Premiership (sic) due to the arbitrary 7 point rule. I would like there to be places for all Brits and Commonwealth riders in this country first but the reality is that there are some talented European youngsters out there who would grace the League.

• Like 3

Friggers, you should have been at the quiz last night and then you would have learned what a shambles the November BSPA Meeting was. Mike Bowden may as well have described them as milling about like headless chickens, with no agenda and backs of fag packets on which to inscribe the rules (those that were recorded!) Bowden is a clever businessman (although this was not supported by the score his team achieved in the quiz!!!) who appeared to be quite shocked by how decisions were made for this year and may as well have called them unprofessional (as we all know them to be,) there are too many vested interests which come to bear and it sounded like Swindon wanted to, at least, protect the product's quality but were out-voted by other less-succesful promotions. I like this guy but am concerned that he will get fed up with the lack of professionalism in due course.

To quote him from last night, "Yes BWD is fine but do you not think we would have signed him originally if he had been our first choice over MBA?"

What all this wonderful stuff to take British Speedway forward by the BSPA means is that the quality of the product becomes weaker and weaker due to the fact that you cannot blood new foreign talent in the Premiership (sic) due to the arbitrary 7 point rule. I would like there to be places for all Brits and Commonwealth riders in this country first but the reality is that there are some talented European youngsters out there who would grace the League.

The trouble is Chalkie that most of the previous agms have been the same which is why the sport has been going downhill, but some of the promoters cannot see that.

• Like 1

The rest if the post doesn't shock me. But this bit, if these young lads are so talented they'll get 7 in the PL won't they? And they'd be on a par with the other 7 pointers no in the Premiership. 5 IS too low. 7 IS fair. Means you don't get the dross but you're not making it unfairly high. Too low and you just start letting in more and more Jan Graversen, Marek Mroz and the likes.

Never seen BWD ride but the madness that he will be a reserve in a lower supposed league & a 2nd string for us☹️️.

U really hope Rosco doesn't do a double header with Poole over Easter as it could be a massacre.

The trouble is Chalkie that most of the previous agms have been the same which is why the sport has been going downhill, but some of the promoters cannot see that.

They can see it alright, but as long as it doesn't cost them money they go with it, however daft it might be.

Just a bit dissolusioned by this ridiculously run (into the ground) sport with no clarity of rules with a committee hellbent on making it a laughing stock , think it's time to become an onlooker from a distance after going since I was 5 really not worth wasting my finances and effort anymore

Never seen BWD ride but the madness that he will be a reserve in a lower supposed league & a 2nd string for us☹️️.

U really hope Rosco doesn't do a double header with Poole over Easter as it could be a massacre

Depends on who you choose as your number 1 if Peterborough had kept Cook as their number 1 in stead of Holder like you with Doyle i would think that DWD would have been in their 1 to 5 as well with a weaker reserve its all about how you build your team is it not.?

Edited by B.V 72

Bowden seems to be the latest in a meagre line of successful, honest and professional business men who have shown enthusiasm and a will to improve speedway - unfortunately, one by one they fall by the wayside as the true magnitiude of the inherent self-interest and shambolic running of the sport grinds them down.

Chapman is tub-thumping about how this is a new start. Comments like those expressed by Mike show it's still the same old story and self-destruction continues at a pace!

Edited by frigbo
  • Like 1

I mentioned that a while ago. It was pointed out to me that the maximun doubling up maximum of 2 riders per side would prevent it.

If other teams were doing it too that rule wouldn't be needed as both teams can't be riding in two places at the same time if it's in fact just the one track

Depends on who you choose as your number 1 if Peterborough had kept Cook as their number 1 in stead of Holder like you with Doyle i would think that DWD would have been in their 1 to 5 as well with a weaker reserve its all about how you build your team is it not.?

It is but I've followed this sport for over 40 years & it still seems daft.

U really hope Rosco doesn't do a double header with Poole over Easter as it could be a massacre.

Watched BWD all of last season at Somerset. He's terrific to watch. 100% effort in every race and really gets stuck in. Definitely an improver.

Bellego is spectacular to watch and will probably score well at Blunsdon, although will be inconsistent I reckon.

This is a big season for Morris. If he stalls, then next season will be as bad as when we had Nicholls at number one.

• Like 1

Spent most of last season in reserve, starts in reserve for Peterborough but is a second string at Swindon. Yikkes!

I think this quote has really hit home hard on now how close the two leagues are becoming.

It's quite scary.

I think this quote has really hit home hard on now how close the two leagues are becoming.

It's quite scary.

I disagree. The gap between the two leagues is still quite significant.

There's not any Championship side that would get close to a Premiership team in a head to head so far