British Speedway Forum

Nope. Just Swindon trying to pull a fast one.

Hardly that. Taking a punt, certainly, and had it come off then I dare say it would have been regarded as a good piece of business. It was an act with some risk attached, of course. But some you win, some you lose.

Absolutely barmy that new foreigners were ever considered to be coming in on four or five.

OK, first we need to decide if we need or want foreign riders. We need them if there is not enough Brit riders to fill the 133 places. We want them if we think they'll appeal to fans and attract bigger crowds.

Whether they are needed or wanted they should come in on fair assessed averages according to their assessed ability & we should get rid of loopholes so Matt Ford doesn't wave his cheque book & get bargain average riders that other clubs can't afford

If they turn out to be worse than their assessed average we have to decide whether we need or want to keep them.

It's just plain wrong that Graverson can come back on 3.83/4 & Klindt on 5.42 but a new, young, inexperienced Dane (Andersen) has to be a 7.

If Matt Ford tried to pull a fast one with Mikkel B Andersen then the cry babies would be out in force.

Seeing as it was Swindon is guess that's ok?

The difference is, if it were Ford, the rules would mysteriously change.

Nope, not OK for Swindon. We just need fair, clear & rational regulations.

Aren't you a Pboro fan anyway? Confusing yourself

If Matt Ford tried to pull a fast one with Mikkel B Andersen then the cry babies would be out in force.

It's not okay for ANY team to try and get away with it. :rolleyes:

Now no team can, thank god. Common sense at last.

Of that we will never know. However thank god they have seen sense because bringing foreigners in on a 4 or 5 whilst saddling some British riders with averages over 7 would be completely barking.

I'm shocked any promoter would think they could get away with such a shocking blatant attempt at getting someone on a bargain average.

Thank god the days of teams bringing in ringer reserves on plainly fake averages are over even though it seems it hasn't been well executed.

You would think any person from Swindon who attended the AGM would ensure they get clear clarification on new assessed riders particularly given they were looking to bring one in.

Somebody messed up that's for sure.

Swindon quite obviously weren't trying to get away with anything. They plainly got the average wrong. Why? Because, as with each 'new era' that they have every year, the guidelines weren't clearly laid out.

When Swindon signed Andersen I don't recall there being any complaints on here until someone (probably SCB) pointed out that he should be a 7.00 because of the level the sport has now been sadly dragged into.

In fact, my guess is that nobody on the BSPA would have noticed either if it hadn't been pointed out to them on here.

So most of the people now here mouthing off about Swindon trying to pull some sort of fast one probably wouldn't even have noticed if SCB hadn't pointed it out.

Obviously that went way over your head.

Don't feed the troll :t:

• Like 1

Absolutely barmy that new foreigners were ever considered to be coming in on four or five.

And you feel justified in having Kai Huckenbeck for a second season. If he hadn't have ridden last year - he would be coming in on a 7. Oh wait - no he wouldn't because no one would touch him! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

So if Swindon had a 44.5 point team, Boro's 40 point team would get close to them? Thanks for that insight Shawn, even Leicester's 40 point team beat 44 point teams this year!

And you dismiss Swindon's top 4, all of whom have averages considerably higher than Boro's top 4, & you don't mention Ostergaard on his way down, Lambert the one track pony returning from injury, the schizophrenic Hansen & 2 point rookie Tom Bacon who has never seen most tracks, certainly not Boro or Swindon & hasn't achieved anything like Wajknecht in the NL. Oh, and there's Grondal's regular 9 point scores when he was a Boro rider and on his visit this year Bellego won three faces & beat Craig Cook twice. Yep, no chance for Swindon!

You're right. That was a really crap explanation :D My point, that I failed to make was that signing Doyle on 13.5 is the madness. You can sign a rider on 8 or 9 who against a team like Peterborough would score the same 15 points that Doyle will. Swindon have wasted 2-3 point on Doyle but against the wrong(right?) team it's a waste of nearer 5 points.

I just can't get my head around any club signing a rider on 11+ it puts you on the back foot.

As fort your views on Peterbourgh riders, I agree you could be right but I also happen to think on their day they're all smashing riders around the EOES and can (and do) beat the best riders in the league around there.

So most of the people now here mouthing off about Swindon trying to pull some sort of fast one probably wouldn't even have noticed if SCB hadn't pointed it out.

Maybe I should get that job as independent person that people always keep on about?! :D If I was Nick Morris would be on his 2015 PL average too

Edited by SCB

You're right. That was a really crap explanation :D My point, that I failed to make was that signing Doyle on 13.5 is the madness. You can sign a rider on 8 or 9 who against a team like Peterborough would score the same 15 points that Doyle will. Swindon have wasted 2-3 point on Doyle but against the wrong(right?) team it's a waste of nearer 5 points.

I just can't get my head around any club signing a rider on 11+ it puts you on the back foot.

As fort your views on Peterbourgh riders, I agree you could be right but I also happen to think on their day they're all smashing riders around the EOES and can (and do) beat the best riders in the league around there.

Maybe I should get that job as independent person that people always keep on about?! :D If I was Nick Morris would be on his 2015 PL average too

Well, you do seem to know more than most of the people that run it do.

As for Doyle, Swindon also need to be looking at their own situation regarding getting supporters in and keeping some form of pride in the club. There is so much more at stake here than just having a winning side.

To be honest it's only Swindon keeping Doyle plus knowing that they were against this ridiculous dumbing down that might get me to a couple of meetings next year.

If my own team was one of those that keep bringing this once great sport into disrepute I would not be going to see them at all after this latest attempt to kill off any form of top level in the UK.

These clubs might say they are not getting good crowds in. Maybe they need to look at themselves for the reasons why.

Edited by grachan

Meanwhile so many clubs have gained by being allowed to use Premier League(rolling) averages for riders when they all had Elite League for 2016 anyway.

Swindon were daft not to have Rosco at the AGM rather than the good but new Mike Bowden.

I am constantly amazed how these idiots get things confused year after year.

• Like 1