British Speedway Forum

Swindon were daft not to have Rosco at the AGM rather than the good but new Mike Bowden.

I am constantly amazed how these idiots get things confused year after year.

That does seem strange as Mike would not have known how decisions at the agm are made, mind you was not Colin Pratt there he should have known about the carry ons some get up to.

So most of the people now here mouthing off about Swindon trying to pull some sort of fast one probably wouldn't even have noticed if SCB hadn't pointed it out.

Personally speaking I had seen no clarity on the ruling regards assessed averages.

So I'm not surprised in all honesty.

Neither the BSPA nor Swindon come out of this with much respect.

From the outset many posters said that BSPa needed to issue a statement on averages for new riders so that it was transparent (wasn't that what buster promised?). They didn't.

Suspect roscoe being told he would be a 5 was because they forgot about the conversion.

I'd also say they should next season rule that no foreign rider can start the season lower than say a 6. A good young talent would be signed on that still. But you wouldn't have dross like Graversen or Grondal taking spots that should go to brits. Maybe a 5% reduction for all brits, 10% for those u23?

• Like 3

And you feel justified in having Kai Huckenbeck for a second season. If he hadn't have ridden last year - he would be coming in on a 7. Oh wait - no he wouldn't because no one would touch him! :rolleyes:

Not at all, if the minimum average for foreigners who had already ridden here was five or six I'd have no qualms at all. We may well reap the rewards of him being pretty poor last year and I imagine we will but he could well be pony again. However you can't use last year's PL averages and a 1.4 conversion for those who don't have them and not raise assessed averages too.

Edited by Gordon Bennett
  • Like 1

Well, you do seem to know more than most of the people that run it do.

As for Doyle, Swindon also need to be looking at their own situation regarding getting supporters in and keeping some form of pride in the club. There is so much more at stake here than just having a winning side.

To be honest it's only Swindon keeping Doyle plus knowing that they were against this ridiculous dumbing down that might get me to a couple of meetings next year.

If my own team was one of those that keep bringing this once great sport into disrepute I would not be going to see them at all after this latest attempt to kill off any form of top level in the UK.

These clubs might say they are not getting good crowds in. Maybe they need to look at themselves for the reasons why.

I think if it wasn't for the new stadium and Doyley the crowds would be dangerously low, probably would be lucky to get 4 figures. Once the novelty has worn off though? The league cannot get weaker and weaker and weaker....time for one league in 2018 perhaps? Edited by Alfred Stopcock

If I were Swindon I'd give Mr Doyle the boot now, and re-build the team whilst it's not too late.

It is crazy to have such high dependence on one rider, who is costing 2 points at least in terms of team strength.

No guarantee he will be 100% next year after the injuries, either.

Loyalty? Contracts? Balderdash!! It's all just one big revolving door. Riders know that, so do promoters.

If I were Swindon I'd give Mr Doyle the boot now, and re-build the team whilst it's not too late.

It is crazy to have such high dependence on one rider, who is costing 2 points at least in terms of team strength.

No guarantee he will be 100% next year after the injuries, either.

Loyalty? Contracts? Balderdash!! It's all just one big revolving door. Riders know that, so do promoters.

Read what the fans say. I haven't seen one who doesn't want Jason in the side.

The willingness of people to dump top riders disturbs me. After years of people complaining that the top riders don't ride here it turns out nobody really cares so much.

As stated above. It's only Jason and interest in the new stadium that gives hope of crowds over 1000. A sad time for the sport with unsuccessful clubs doing their best to destroy the better run ones' livelyhoods.

I think if it wasn't for the new stadium and Doyley the crowds would be dangerously low, probably would be lucky to get 4 figures. Once the novelty has worn off though? The league cannot get weaker and weaker and weaker....time for one league in 2018 perhaps?

Agree with the first part, but one big league? Please god no. I dread to think what level that would be set out.

New second division 40 point limit at the most.

• Like 2

Read what the fans say. I haven't seen one who doesn't want Jason in the side.

The willingness of people to dump top riders disturbs me. After years of people complaining that the top riders don't ride here it turns out nobody really cares so much.

As stated above. It's only Jason and interest in the new stadium that gives hope of crowds over 1000. A sad time for the sport with unsuccessful clubs doing their best to destroy the better run ones' livelyhoods.

Agree with the first part, but one big league? Please god no. I dread to think what level that would be set out.

New second division 40 point limit at the most.

This continual weakening isn't the answer.

The more top riders we can keep the better.

We shouldn't be trying to alienate them.

• Like 2

No-one is questioning the club going with Jason & hopefully the other signings will back him up at home because crowds will drop if they don't.

Josh Bates is at reserve for Coventry

What a pointless reply?

I do a whole post making a post and you pick up a minor detail which is hardly irrelevant.

Ok I could probably name a few others so what is your point.

Nothing pointless about correcting an inaccuracy.

• Like 1

No-one is questioning the club going with Jason & hopefully the other signings will back him up at home because crowds will drop if they don't.

They cannot drop any further than they already have... Big mistake having Doyley, your bottom end will be pointless. Literally..

This continual weakening isn't the answer.

The more top riders we can keep the better.

We shouldn't be trying to alienate them.

But the majority of clubs can no longer afford them. Do you understand that..

• Like 1

But the majority of clubs can no longer afford them. Do you understand that..

In your opinion. Weakening isn't going to save the sport.

In your opinion. Weakening isn't going to save the sport.

Dont tell me that, tell the powers that be..

Dont tell me that, tell the powers that be..

I do and often.