British Speedway Forum

You wouldn't have, you didn't. Grow up and move on. Let the Swindon folk have their thread back or is this yet another thread you want to dominate. #bangsheadagainstwall.

It's pretty sad but all too expected these days. :nono:

Tbh SS post was purely aimed at SteveO so maybe Gavan should leave it there.

Read what the fans say. I haven't seen one who doesn't want Jason in the side.

The willingness of people to dump top riders disturbs me. After years of people complaining that the top riders don't ride here it turns out nobody really cares so much.

As stated above. It's only Jason and interest in the new stadium that gives hope of crowds over 1000. A sad time for the sport with unsuccessful clubs doing their best to destroy the better run ones' livelyhoods.

Agree with the first part, but one big league? Please god no. I dread to think what level that would be set out.

New second division 40 point limit at the most.

Read what the fans say. I haven't seen one who doesn't want Jason in the side.

The willingness of people to dump top riders disturbs me. After years of people complaining that the top riders don't ride here it turns out nobody really cares so much.

As stated above. It's only Jason and interest in the new stadium that gives hope of crowds over 1000. A sad time for the sport with unsuccessful clubs doing their best to destroy the better run ones' livelyhoods.

Agree with the first part, but one big league? Please god no. I dread to think what level that would be set out.

New second division 40 point limit at the most.

The leagues only as strong as it's weakest link

Edited by Hamish McRaker

As I had hoped Swindon are going to have a team at National League level but only racing in the National Trophy.

The team will be made up of riders whos teams are not in the competition and competition details are being released tomorrow.

• Like 1

Drove into the stadium car park today. It was a grey misty day, and summer evenings at the Abbey seemed a long way off.

Two vans, two dumper trucks and two JCB's were present. A small area had been cleared, a pile of rubble and a fence that appeared to have been constructed of logs incased by wire seemed like the only recent work.

Two blokes in their late 50's were stood outside a portakabin with hard hats on. One had a fag on his bottom lip, the other gazed at me through the mist. I felt like an intruder as I watched for a minute or two, hoping that I would see some meaningful activity. Alas, no, although maybe it was break time. :(

• Like 1

I see Sedgmen is in talks with a Premiership club according to his website. It's early days but I hope he gets fixed up. Got to be Leicester hasn't it?

• Like 2

Drove into the stadium car park today. It was a grey misty day, and summer evenings at the Abbey seemed a long way off.

Two vans, two dumper trucks and two JCB's were present. A small area had been cleared, a pile of rubble and a fence that appeared to have been constructed of logs incased by wire seemed like the only recent work.

Two blokes in their late 50's were stood outside a portakabin with hard hats on. One had a fag on his bottom lip, the other gazed at me through the mist. I felt like an intruder as I watched for a minute or two, hoping that I would see some meaningful activity. Alas, no, although maybe it was break time. :(

At least someone was there. That's actually not bad.

Two vans, two dumper trucks and two JCB's were present. A small area had been cleared, a pile of

rubble and a fence that appeared to have been constructed of logs incased by wire seemed like the only recent work.

I have to say having been involved in Groundwork years ago it does seem a little odd so little work accomplished considering they have been there over a month? Don't really seem to be getting on with it , I do know people within Conlon and if I'm being honest they do seem a bit vague or perhaps conservative with any information when I ask!!

I see Sedgmen is in talks with a Premiership club according to his website. It's early days but I hope he gets fixed up. Got to be Leicester hasn't it?

Hope he does get fixed up as did a decent job last season when to much was expected of him.

• Like 1

I have to say having been involved in Groundwork years ago it does seem a little odd so little work accomplished considering they have been there over a month? Don't really seem to be getting on with it , I do know people within Conlon and if I'm being honest they do seem a bit vague or perhaps conservative with any information when I ask!!

I hope Swidon have a clause in the contract stating that the new stadium and track has to be complete, fully operational and the track 100% ready and ridable before they vacate the exsisting stadium. We dont want another Belle Vue opening meeting fiasco.

If not I can see a digger ploughing its way right cross the existing track and stadium as soon as the team vacates it rendering the team without a track to ride in two unfit stadiums.

Swindon Sparrows, Sprockets or whatever the NL team is called is in a group with Plymouth and the IOW for the National Trophy, so initially they will have 4 meetings.

Hopefully they may have the odd challenge as well.

http://swindonrobins.co/news.php?extend.2807

Edited by A ORLOV

Swindon Sparrows, Sprockets or whatever the NL team is called is in a group with Plymouth and the IOW for the National Trophy, so initially they will have 4 meetings.

Hopefully they may have the odd challenge as well.

http://swindonrobins.co/news.php?extend.2807

I wonder if young Anders Rowe will be old enough and available to make his first start on his career journey.I hope we can also be aloud to maybe use Barry Ayres as a guest as last year in his NL appearance he was great value.Also Henry Atkins he has a future i hope he could do a few meetings for us as well chuffed that we have a few NL meetings coming up.
  • Like 1

Sounds almost identical to what I saw three or four weeks ago.

Nothing really happening and a token workforce of a couple of guys in hardhats with a portacabin with dumper and jcb on site.

I wonder if young Anders Rowe will be old enough and available to make his first start on his career journey.I hope we can also be aloud to maybe use Barry Ayres as a guest as last year in his NL appearance he was great value.Also Henry Atkins he has a future i hope he could do a few meetings for us as well chuffed that we have a few NL meetings coming up.

I think he is not 16 until part way through this year and I understand he cannot ride in NL until he is 16, so we may possibly see him towards the end of the season.

If the management invite the young Lions again he would be able to ride if he is in that series next year.

I think he is not 16 until part way through this year and I understand he cannot ride in NL until he is 16, so we may possibly see him towards the end of the season.

If the management invite the young Lions again he would be able to ride if he is in that series next year.

You can ride at 15 in the NL. You have to be 16 in the Championship / Premiership

We had this with Robert Lambert who rode NL in 2013 at 15

In 2014 we had to delay league fixtures until April after his 16th birthday to be allowed to sign him in the Elite League

You can ride at 15 in the NL. You have to be 16 in the Championship / Premiership

We had this with Robert Lambert who rode NL in 2013 at 15

In 2014 we had to delay league fixtures until April after his 16th birthday to be allowed to sign him in the Elite League

Thanks for that Danny, in which case we may well see him in the first meeting if the management thinks it will do him good and he takes up the offer to ride.