Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
foamfence

Nicki Pedersen Injured.

But again no worse than others.. the speedway world would of been up in arms if he had done what Hancock did to Jonnsson

Is there any footage of this clash?

Is there any footage of this clash?

It was on Facebook but someone better than me will be able to link them together

One or two dodgy moves gave him a bad reputation, theres been far dirtier riders than him at both pl and el level over the years.

Agreed. I think young Nicki was dirty, older Nicki is just hard and takes no rubbish.

In 1.5 weeks Nicki will get the definitive answer from the doctors if he can resume his career or if he have to retire.

He will have a new scanning if his neck on wednesday next week and will get the answer a few days later.

http://www.fyens.dk/sport/Nicki-Pedersen-Dato-paa-dommens-dag/artikel/3166955

In 1.5 weeks Nicki will get the definitive answer from the doctors if he can resume his career or if he have to retire.

He will have a new scanning if his neck on wednesday next week and will get the answer a few days later.

http://www.fyens.dk/sport/Nicki-Pedersen-Dato-paa-dommens-dag/artikel/3166955

Hope he can go out on his own terms. He puts bums on seats and when confident is still a top 10 rider.

• Like 1

IMO I hope Nicki retires, risking permanent paralysis just isn't worth it. He has won everything, and proved to be one of the greats.

Do the right thing Nicki, retire and live a healthy life with your partner.

Nothing could be worse than returning and having a fall that causes permanent life changing injuries.

Thanks for many years of entertainment

• Like 3

Many people would retire with this over them but then again many people would never get on a bike again after their first fall ,the fact that he is undecided tells you in his mind he has unfinished buisiness , there is not right or wrong decision , life is full of would of ,should of ,could of , if the desire is still there then I think he will race again but whatever his decision he has proven to be a world class rider and entertainer

• Like 1

NIcki have previously said that decision is not his but the doctors' meaning if the doctors tells him that they think he should retire then
he would follow their opinion/recommendation. If he really will? Well we'll see.

On Saturday, the show was only missed one thing, Nicki Pedersen. Put him, Killer and Zagar together and there's your entertainment factor for the meeting. Having signed Nicki in 1998, he has a special place with me, my family and all Diamond Fans. He has had no luck these last few years, he has not found that speed in his equipment that he demands, and now he has a possible partial paralysis in his left arm threat if he breaks the twice broken vertebrae again and it damages the nerve.

WE missed seeing him on Saturday, and I doubt if we will see him seriously ride again. Sad, but it had to happen sometime. He will be missed by even those who hated him.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 7

Apparently Nicki will announce his future plans today. He is supposed to have talked about his future with his family to get their input on what he should do.

On Saturday, the show was only missed one thing, Nicki Pedersen. Put him, Killer and Zagar together and there's your entertainment factor for the meeting. Having signed Nicki in 1998, he has a special place with me, my family and all Diamond Fans. He has had no luck these last few years, he has not found that speed in his equipment that he demands, and now he has a possible partial paralysis in his left arm threat if he breaks the twice broken vertebrae again and it damages the nerve.

WE missed seeing him on Saturday, and I doubt if we will see him seriously ride again. Sad, but it had to happen sometime. He will be missed by even those who hated him.

I dont think anybody hates him and yes he will be missed maybe he was a bit over zealous at times but yes the series does miss him.Whateve he does in the future i wish him well in overall he has helped to bolster the sports profile everyone loves a villain.
  • Like 1

On Saturday, the show was only missed one thing, Nicki Pedersen.

One thing for sure, whenever he is at the tapes, people pay attention and watch!

• Like 1

I personally hope he does the right thing and retires, the doctors have had there say, and any further damage has been clearly spelt out to him and his family,

Partial paralysis is not an option, just ask Darcy Ward, Nicki has been a massive ambassador to the sport, and no matter what he does in the future, his record in this sport to date is engraved in the record books for all to see, he would walk into any other role in the sport, either as a team manager, or as a coach to the youngsters, but I for one do not want to attend another benefit meeting for a rider who has suffered a horrible injury, that night at Poole when Darcy returned even had me in tears, I do not want another one like that.

Best wishes to Nicki, I hope he does the right thing, but only he will know what that is.

• Like 2