British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
foamfence

Nicki Pedersen Injured.

Wonder what Greg is worth ?

He must have built up a decent sized nest-egg all the years he's been racing. He seems to have a different race-suit for each gp!

• Like 1

He must have built up a decent sized nest-egg all the years he's been racing. He seems to have a different race-suit for each gp!

If he doesn't have a few naughts on the end of a figure you would really like to know why..

»Mit hjerte vil køre speedway, men jeg lytter til, hvad der bliver sagt. Jeg får de polske røntgenbilleder med hjem til Danmark, og så må vi se, hvad de danske læger siger,« lyder det fra Nicki Pedersen.

Nicki says that his heart wants to ride speedway but that he listens to what is being said. He says that he will have the polish X-rays

with him back home to Denmark and then we'll see what the Danish doctors are saying.

https://www.bt.dk/motorsport/nicki-pedersen-mit-hjerte-vil-koere-speedway-men

I think Nicki will ride on. His attitude to racing was always fearless. I've missed him riding but hope he is happy. Too many sportsmen suffer from depression following retirement.

Wearing a neck brace for the first time.

Actually not. He was one the first to have one when they came after those few mx accidents some years back. But he ditched them, same as Crump did practically straightaway...

I think he's done his bit and I'd hate to think of him risking paralysis if that's the verdict. He has much to offer and I'd like to see him still involved in some way. The GPs have certainly missed his character though. :D

• Like 1

Nicki have been told that he cannot ride more this season but he can still have hopes to be able to ride next season.

- Jeg har fået dødsstødet. Jeg er færdig for i år. Jeg har været heldig, fordi skanningen har vist, at helingen er i gang, siger Nicki Pedersen til Ekstra Bladet.

- Hvis det går godt, kan jeg komme på cyklen til næste år, siger Nicki Pedersen, der skal skannes igen i november.

I am done for this year. The scan shows that the healing is in progess. If things go well I can make a comeback next year. Nicki will have a scan again in November.

https://www.bt.dk/sport/nicki-pedersen-har-faaet-sin-dom-faerdig-for-i-aar

• Like 1

Sounds he taken the best route for him - this season is done, so let the wound heal fully and then see how it goes.