British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pob

Ipswich Vs Edinburgh Pl Poq 1st Leg Thurs 22nd Sep

Have some monarchs fans got a sulk on? Not many sporting ones congratulating ipswich on their big win

See post #122 !!

• Like 1

Still taking Edinbro over the two legs, despite no Bewley and the middle order. Hopefully they get through and get some big attendences to make up for the weather fiasco.

Then get pumped by us.

What an arrogant and ignorant comment.

in what way?

all Damo said was that he thought the Monarchs would beat Ipswich over 2 legs but that, should they eventually go on to face Glasgow, he hopes they would, er, lose heavily.

he's a Glasgow fan. I thought his post was quite funny!

Have some monarchs fans got a sulk on? Not many sporting ones congratulating ipswich on their big win

it's only half time baldy :wink:

well done on last night though.

Maybe just a little help from the stands as well? Maybe a coincidence but I think the riders are feeling some love

Apologies! After I sent that post I realised the "coincidence" & should have mentioned that fact! It has become "Fortress Fox" since the Massif moments! Welly done!

• Like 2

Well done ipswich. We have looked vulnerable all season but to get your biggest loss in the playoffs is very disappointing, especially in the first match. Would be the comeback of the century if we turn it around but not overly optimistic. now I know how others have felt the last few years. Never say never

• Like 2

Well done ipswich. We have looked vulnerable all season but to get your biggest loss in the playoffs is very disappointing, especially in the first match. Would be the comeback of the century if we turn it around but not overly optimistic. now I know how others have felt the last few years. Never say never

Thanks scotchopper. It only takes 15 x 4-2's so a long way to go yet and your boys will be fired up and on it.

Just wished the PLPOQ2 had been the next day as the momentum was so much with the Witches and Sam and Ryan were rattled, so much that Sam refused autographs and was walked out by Danny King and Fisher was long gone into the night and on to the A14.

Thinking of visiting Armadale for the second leg but Friday / Saturday is more expensive to travel and stay and a solo 7 hour journey is beyond me these days, plus I have a feeling that you boys will take it really really close - either that or the Witches will have it wrapped up by Heat 8? I really don't know how I see this going, but a terrific start for the boys on broomsticks.

in what way?

all Damo said was that he thought the Monarchs would beat Ipswich over 2 legs but that, should they eventually go on to face Glasgow, he hopes they would, er, lose heavily.

he's a Glasgow fan. I thought his post was quite funny!

Apologies if I read Damo's Post the wrong way and I see that they have Posted subsequently and clarified. So all good.

I know i had my fun on the match thread on Thursday but that is what it was fun , but all joking aside if any team is equipped to pull the deficit back it is Edinburgh at Armadale the way Ipswich are riding at the present time it is a very big if though.

• Like 1

I know i had my fun on the match thread on Thursday but that is what it was fun , but all joking aside if any team is equipped to pull the deficit back it is Edinburgh at Armadale the way Ipswich are riding at the present time it is a very big if though.

basically they need to so the same to the Witches as they did to the Panthers.

Surely we can manage two more points than the team put out by the pussycats even if things dont go entirely our own way....

If not we deserve nothing anyway. A solid start is the key - dont even give them a sniff of hope.

• Like 1

basically they need to so the same to the Witches as they did to the Panthers.

Surely we can manage two more points than the team put out by the pussycats even if things dont go entirely our own way....

If not we deserve nothing anyway. A solid start is the key - dont even give them a sniff of hope.

Yep that is the key give the opposition momentum if you start slowly but similar to us at Worky were we have a 39pt lead it is unlikely that you will lose on aggregate with that kind of lead.

• Like 1

Let's face it. if Ipswich can't defend that lead, then hats off to the Monarchs and a very good team performance will have won the tie overall after a poor overall performance at Foxhall.

In one way I am ultra confident, but in another I am super nervous as Armadale is a place that produces results for the home team and there has been previous between the Clubs, or at least words. I can just see a whiff of controversy too.

Think this may be decided at Reserve and at second string as the Witches Heat Leaders should match their counterparts. Then again, which Ryan Fisher will arrive in the pits on Friday?

Have the Monarchs announced their No. 7 yet? Connor Coles is busy rearranging a holiday to Guest at 7 for the Witches, just reinforcing Kevin Jolly's opinion of the lad. Hopefully he will come through the Fen Tigers closing challenge match tomorrow, and not fall foul of the "jinx" of the Witches 7 that has manifested itself in different ways so far this season.

This could be good.