1.Grajczonek 8.90

2.Bates 5.02

3.Howarth 7.18

4.L.Bjerre 6.65

5.Garrity 8.55

6.J.Smith 3.00

7.JPB 3.00

I make that team come in at 42.30!

just need to shave 2.30 off somewhere then.....

Well I have a feeling it's going to be one big league with perhaps a north south divide.

Not for me, i find regional divides utterly boring. I would stop attending speedway altogether if that happened, I want to see various teams from all over not the same teams all the time, just boring.

Edited by justere2cgoodspeedway
  • Like 2

A couple of questions for you Sheffieldites;

1) What's the injury to Steady? And how did he do it?

2) What's kicked off with Jason Garrity and Josh Bates? (fallen out) / (Lost Driving License) / (Other)

Cheers..

SS

Steady's steel shoe bent in half in a crash and hurt his foot - nothing broken as far as I'm aware.

Not aware of an issue between Josh and Jason. Allegedly Jason fell out with Boocock, but he also allegedly had a van taken off him by a sponsor - neither of which he ever had, so who knows!! He has been in the pits with wrist strapped up helping Greaves for the past few home meetings.

A couple of questions for you Sheffieldites;

1) What's the injury to Steady? And how did he do it?

2) What's kicked off with Jason Garrity and Josh Bates? (fallen out) / (Lost Driving License) / (Other)

Cheers..

SS

Steady's injury happened at Rye House in the league match, he and Dimitri Berge were comfortably leading a race and Steady overlocked going into the first bend on the second lap and Berge clattered into him and bent his steel shoe and left him in agony and a season ending foot injury.

Re Garrity, DON'T KNOW

Steady's injury happened at Rye House in the league match, he and Dimitri Berge were comfortably leading a race and Steady overlocked going into the first bend on the second lap and Berge clattered into him and bent his steel shoe and left him in agony and a season ending foot injury.

Re Garrity, DON'T KNOW

Don't know what's happening with Garrity, but as someone who has been sponsoring Berwick riders, I have been told if he comes to Berwick, to stay well clear of him as far as sponsorship is concerned.

• Like 1

IMO Stead has had one too many injuries of a serious nature would have finished many a rider before now and his form this last season has been up and down by his high standards .Nothing to prove time for him to move on with his reputation in tact and more importantly still in one piece great rider but his best days are behind him .

• Like 3

It seems that next year we'll be riding in a smaller league (the Championship) consisting of Berwick, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Ipswich, Newcastle, Peterborough, Redcar, Scunthorpe, Sheffield, and possibly Workington. We'll be racing on a 2 x home and 2 x away basis, with automatic promotion for the champions to the higher league (Premiership). Rye House and Somerset have opted for the Premiership in 2017.

Crucially, we'll only have 40 points to play with in building a team.

With any rider who has not achieved a 3 point average, coming in on a minimum of 2, would it be worth a risk going with JPB, Jack Smith and Arthur?, hopefully all 3 can improve their averages, leaving room for a strong top 4.

I think the two Jacks would be on 3 as they haven't ridden in the former PL while Nathan Greaves (for example) has and failed to reach 3.00 (current green sheet 2.32) so I assume that what these lines the statement refers to..

"The only difference in team building rules between the leagues is that Championship clubs must include a British youngster with a three-point average.

And in a bid to help young riders get team spots, any rider who hasn’t achieved a three-point average will come in on a minimum of 2."

As ever Its not entirely clear.

And I see we've "drawn" Edinburgh again!

I think the two Jacks would be on 3 as they haven't ridden in the former PL while Nathan Greaves (for example) has and failed to reach 3.00 (current green sheet 2.32) so I assume that what these lines the statement refers to..

"The only difference in team building rules between the leagues is that Championship clubs must include a British youngster with a three-point average.

And in a bid to help young riders get team spots, any rider who hasn’t achieved a three-point average will come in on a minimum of 2."

As ever Its not entirely clear.

And I see we've "drawn" Edinburgh again!

And we haven't got the PLRC (or its new equivalent)

What's Kyle's new average now then, over 10, if so he's the new No 1.

He has a PL average so this will be used in both leagues (if he doubles up again). The conversion only comes in for those who rode EL only.

• Like 1

What's Kyle's new average now then, over 10, if so he's the new No 1.

He doesn't have a new average as he's got an exsisting premier league average from this year.

And we haven't got the PLRC (or its new equivalent)

Yeah Glasgow, be giving that one a miss I think. Why not give it to Scunny - deemed the fairest track in the league and more importantly a lot more central. Thought it might have been one of Robs priorities to get that sorted!

• Like 1