British Speedway Forum
4thbender

Sheffield 2017

British Riders who have never achieved a 3 point average can start on a two in both leagues next season. Where a rider has raced and averaged between 2-3 he will start nest season on that true average, i.e. Josh Bailey.

Source: SpeedwayGB Twitter feed:

https://twitter.com/SpeedwayGB/status/795574982260756480

https://twitter.com/SpeedwayGB/status/795577390319751169

The minimum average for foreign riders is now 4.00.

Because nobody seems to know if the newcomers will be 2 or 3, seems to be a lot of confusion, can you put on here your source that they will be 2?

But we do know, there is no confusion at all. Any British newcomer that hasn't attained a true average will start on a 2 point average. Those that have attained an actual average, will return on that figure. Where is the confusion?
  • Like 1

Absolutely gutted that Lasse has signed for Sheffield. Got a great rider on that average!

I'm going with Midlands based Ricky Wells.

We was both wrong, good signing though, will improve and be very quick around Sheffield

Inconsistent gater to put it mildly, but entertaining racer if he has the track to race on. I haven't been to Sheffield for a few years but reading the comments on here from those that have, the track hasn't been good for racing in recent times.

That will need to change if you're going to get the best out of Bjerre. Talented rider in there, but although he's only 23 he's been around a good few years now and hasn't really kicked on as expected.

In fact, he's gone backwards this year.

Can put at least a point on that average though so a good signing.

Edited by Steve Irving

Inconsistent gater to put it mildly, but entertaining racer if he has the track to race on. I haven't been to Sheffield for a few years but reading the comments on here from those that have, the track hasn't been good for racing in recent times.

That will need to change if you're going to get the best out of Bjerre. Talented rider in there, but although he's only 23 he's been around a good few years now and hasn't really kicked on as expected.

In fact, he's gone backwards this year.

Can put at least a point on that average though so a good signing.

I don't think he's went backwards as you suggest I think the main reason he had a poor year was because he was coming back from a massive injury last season and then there was the public falling out at Redcar where I don't think he was overly happy most of the season.

He's a steal on his current average can easily see him getting back to 8+ average next season

I don't think he's went backwards as you suggest I think the main reason he had a poor year was because he was coming back from a massive injury last season and then there was the public falling out at Redcar where I don't think he was overly happy most of the season.

He's a steal on his current average can easily see him getting back to 8+ average next season

Ive been disappointed with Bjerre I have to be honest. I watched him as a teen at Kings Lynn when he first burst on to the scene and I genuinely thought he was more talented than his elder Brother and would go right to the very top.

He may still get there of course he's only 23, but I honestly expected him to be a big player in the top flight by now, not a 7 pointer in the second tier.

Still time on his side so let's hope he cracks on now and fulfils that immense early potential that he showed.

JPB will be a TWO! Why isn't anyone listening?

because its wrong .unless jpb has ridden enough meetings in the premier league to gain a championship average .and it is below 2.00 (say 1.55) then he comes into the championship league on a 2.oo the minimum for riders .. if he had not ridden in the championship , he would come in on a 3.00.

if he had an average that was over 3.00 ( say 3.24) he would come in on that average 3.24 ...its that simple

otherwise , whats the point in reducing team building averages to 40.00 and let newcomers into the league on a 2.00 average . nothing gained , still approz 42.50 .

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

because its wrong .unless jpb has ridden enough meetings in the premier league to gain a championship average .and it is below 2.00 (say 1.55) then he comes into the championship league on a 2.oo the minimum for riders .. if he had not ridden in the championship , he would come in on a 3.00.

if he had an average that was over 3.00 ( say 3.24) he would come in on that average 3.24 ...its that simple

otherwise , whats the point in reducing team building averages to 40.00 and let newcomers into the league on a 2.00 average . nothing gained , still approz 42.50 .

Jenga, what evidence do you have that the above is correct?

All Press releases are very clear....

If a rider has ridden in the premier league and achieved an average under 3 they will continiue with that average, Josh Bailey, Nathan Geaves etc...

Any newcomers who have not achieved an official premier league average will be a 3... JPB, Jack Smith etc

• Like 1

All Press releases are very clear....

If a rider has ridden in the premier league and achieved an average under 3 they will continiue with that average, Josh Bailey, Nathan Geaves etc...

Any newcomers who have not achieved an official premier league average will be a 3... JPB, Jack Smith etc

the ability to understand the twisted new rule and good reading skills ..Louis is correct in saying danyon hulme will come in on a 2.00 because i do believe he has ridden enough meetings in the old pl and gained an average of under 2.00 . therefore he comes in on a min of 2.00

the 3.00 point rule is for riders who have not done enough meetings to gain a proper average and therefore come in on a 3.00.

have another good read of the articles that are on here .and read them both ways , think and see what you come up with .

the ability to understand the twisted new rule and good reading skills ..Louis is correct in saying danyon hulme will come in on a 2.00 because i do believe he has ridden enough meetings in the old pl and gained an average of under 2.00 . therefore he comes in on a min of 2.00

the 3.00 point rule is for riders who have not done enough meetings to gain a proper average and therefore come in on a 3.00.

have another good read of the articles that are on here .and read them both ways , think and see what you come up with .

Again you're proving to be absolutely clueless. Danyon Hume has NOT ridden enough meetings to attain a true PL average, therefore he'll be signing for Ipswich on a 2 point average. Hume was also averaging more than 2 in the meetings he did ride.

Conor Mountain, another option for Ipswich I believe, is also available on a 2 point average as he's another British newcomer that hasn't got a true PL average.

bjerre could be steal on that average - im sure he will up his average by at least 1

I think 2016 was a blip ... and he will be in a winning side ........... and at a club with a bit more ambition