British Speedway Forum
4thbender

Sheffield 2017

It looks like that mistake has been made - Sheffield Star says that he is heading through the exit door...

All it says in The Star is "And Bates has hinted he could be the first of several new signings arriving at the club this winter with Jason Garrity heading for the exit door ".

The actual article does not include any direct quote from Damien Bates to back up this statement.

So there's hope yet.

I hope....

Could be no room for Sissis either.

Looks like he's saddled with a 5 point average for 2017 according to BSPA listing

Is there a link to the listing, Shows on final declaration was 3.79 and i also thought he had uk licence as he doesnt have visa issues

No he has a Polish passport

Many thanks.

Is there a link to the listing, Shows on final declaration was 3.79 and i also thought he had uk licence as he doesnt have visa issues

Arthur has Greek patriality I believe, and is classed as an EU rider.

Many thanks.

Arthur has Greek patriality I believe, and is classed as an EU rider.

So am i correct that he wont be a 5, i know some riders eg Mason Campton had to take a 5 even though he hadn't achieved this but when Arthur returned last season came in on his previous average

Artur said at the last Glasgow meeting he was hoping to get back to road racing next year would be a great loss over here

All it says in The Star is "And Bates has hinted he could be the first of several new signings arriving at the club this winter with Jason Garrity heading for the exit door ".

The actual article does not include any direct quote from Damien Bates to back up this statement.

So there's hope yet.

I hope....

Garrity has taken it that he won't be back according to his Facebook page

I think it would be a mistake not to include Jason Garrity in next season's team.

Like most people , I don't know what did and what didn't happen regarding fallouts etc, but you don't discard your best riders.

When Garrity's on song there can be few riders more capable of getting the crowd on their feet. He has that Doug Wyer quality of making sure no-one goes to the bar when he's riding.

However his propensity for finishing up in A & E seems to mean he only ever appears in half the fixtures (the rest being filled by guests or rider replacement). On that basis his loss is possibly not as serious as it might otherwise be. Having a 9-point rider who's missing for half the season leaves a big hole for the rest of the team to fill and guests rarely live up to expectations.

When Garrity's on song there can be few riders more capable of getting the crowd on their feet. He has that Doug Wyer quality of making sure no-one goes to the bar when he's riding.

However his propensity for finishing up in A & E seems to mean he only ever appears in half the fixtures (the rest being filled by guests or rider replacement). On that basis his loss is possibly not as serious as it might otherwise be. Having a 9-point rider who's missing for half the season leaves a big hole for the rest of the team to fill and guests rarely live up to expectations.

Can't argue with any of that

Check the BSPA final average listing. It states..

Sissis Arthur Sheffield 3.79 (5.00) along with other Europeans. Presumably for 2017 team building, he is classed as a 5.00

SHEFFIELD

1 Jason Garrity 8.55

2 Kyle Howarth 7.18

3 Ty Proctor 6.68

4 Lasse Bjerre 6.64

5 Josh Bates 5.02

6 Richard Hall 3.53

7 Jack P Blackburn 2.00

Total 37.60

SHEFFIELD

1 Vaclav Milik 7.94

2 Kyle Howarth 7.18

3 Ty Proctor 6.68

4 Lasse Bjerre 6.64

5 Josh Bates 5.02

6 Leigh Lanham 4.34

7 Jack P Blackburn 2.00

Total 37.80

Edited by szkocjasid

SHEFFIELD

1 Jason Garrity 8.55

2 Kyle Howarth 7.18

3 Ty Proctor 6.68

4 Lasse Bjerre 6.64

5 Josh Bates 5.02

6 Richard Hall 3.53

7 Jack P Blackburn 2.00

Total 37.60

SHEFFIELD

1 Vaclav Milik 7.94

2 Kyle Howarth 7.18

3 Ty Proctor 6.68

4 Lasse Bjerre 6.64

5 Josh Bates 5.02

6 Leigh Lanham 4.34

7 Jack P Blackburn 2.00

Total 37.80

Just been said that Garrity isn't required by Sheffield but why would you build it to 37.60/37.80?

Check the BSPA final average listing. It states..

Sissis Arthur Sheffield 3.79 (5.00) along with other Europeans. Presumably for 2017 team building, he is classed as a 5.00

Originally, I only looked at the listing by team, and there is no mention of a 5.00 for Arthur. I just looked at the alphabetical and numerical listings, and in both there is a 5.00 in brackets, but no explanation in the Key as to what the 5.00 means.

I don't remember seeing anything about this in the AGM statement either. Hey ho.

Rumor I heard is that Arthur has done with speedway and looking at getting back onto the road racing scene.

Be interesting to see if that's the case.

Junior

Old news.

Junior