British Speedway Forum
4thbender

Sheffield 2017

To be honest it's hardly worrying, there's 4 months to tapes up for 2017 and with 3 less teams in the league this year there should be plenty of riders to go round.

Agree, cant see a problem with the signings so far, both have the potential to up their averages, and that's what you need.

thought it was common knowledge at the end of the season that Berge wouldn't be back

Need a number one next then the rest can be sorted out

Up early this morning Chris

Agree, cant see a problem with the signings so far, both have the potential to up their averages, and that's what you need.

thought it was common knowledge at the end of the season that Berge wouldn't be back

Need a number one next then the rest can be sorted out

Up early this morning Chris

After the winter of 2013, the 2017 signings can take as long as they need for me, just pleased we have club in good shape with good promoters and looking to the future.

I heard the Dimitri rumours as well and slightly surprised to see him riding Premier League in 2017, good luck to him at Berwick as he did a good job for us in 2016. The track at Shielfield will definitely suit him, he should be prolific around there.

Hope you are keeping well mate !

• Like 1

To be honest it's hardly worrying, there's 4 months to tapes up for 2017 and with 3 less teams in the league this year there should be plenty of riders to go round.

So you'll settle for whoever's left after all the other teams have had their pick? Doesn't sound like a promising strategy to me. I hope and trust our promoters are getting their bids in before the cream of the crop gets snapped up.

There is no way Sheffield will be picking up what's left to make a team.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if the team is already sorted....

• Like 4

Could Nick Morris and Todd Kurtz be in contention apologies if already mentioned...just thinking of the drillerman links?

So you'll settle for whoever's left after all the other teams have had their pick? Doesn't sound like a promising strategy to me. I hope and trust our promoters are getting their bids in before the cream of the crop gets snapped up.

No, we have another 4 months to announce the team and given our current promotions previous record, I know there's no way our team will be left with what's left.

There is no way Sheffield will be picking up what's left to make a team.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if the team is already sorted....

My thoughts exactly.

No, we have another 4 months to announce the team and given our current promotions previous record, I know there's no way our team will be left with what's left.

Sorry mate, you're wrong. The early bird catches the worm; If you snooze, you lose; need I say more?

so the talks that are with a number 1 are at an advanced stage, so who is this mystery man?

from the names mentioned already,

garrity (apparently been shown the exit door)

stead (talk of retirement)

bellego (signed for swindon,thursday track)

jorgensen (signed for worky)

so who does this possibly leave?

sam masters

josh grajzonek

brady kurtz

ben barker

scott nicholls

chris harris

personally i wouldnt take barker or harris, but any of the other 4 would do nicely thankyou.

assuming josh and kyle are likely to sign along with lasse and jpb, scott nicholls would be superb in this league, if we got this 5 it would leave us with 9.93 for the last 2 which could be any of these 3 permutations-

max clegg/ stefan nielsen

arthur/ jake allen

jack smith/ricky wells

i would like the last one, i know a lot dont like wells but he would score very well on the away tracks.

Sorry mate, you're wrong. The early bird catches the worm; If you snooze, you lose; need I say more?

Still plenty riders out there.

4 clubs out of 10 have not signed a rider yet where as we have signed 2.

And over the last 3 or 4 seasons Rye House have been the first club in the league to announce their 1 to 7, and the early bird really did catch the worm then.

• Like 1

Still plenty riders out there.

4 clubs out of 10 have not signed a rider yet where as we have signed 2.

And over the last 3 or 4 seasons Rye House have been the first club in the league to announce their 1 to 7, and the early bird really did catch the worm then.

That's what happens when the early bird comes in way below the points limit.

Going by that philosophy the teams that have signed/announced no riders yet, might as well not bother in 2017. Edited by Tigerite
  • Like 1

I reckon our Promotion have the team in place..just finalising things..Not worried at all.

• Like 3