Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
4thbender

Sheffield 2017

I don't think a rider not being paid can be blamed for not giving his all.

• Like 2

I don't think a rider not being paid can be blamed for not giving his all.

Completely agree, why give your all when your outgoings are through the roof as you've got no money coming in......

If you read the speedway star you will see that there was a vast array of creditors owed vast amounts of money by the previous promotion at Plymouth but as the star said surprisingly there was no money owed to riders on there,I will leave that one for discussion on why Kurtz for the last few months was so shocking and the rest of the riders were not.people saying it was all down to not getting paid well he was not riding in the top league so how was he surviving if he was not getting any money was he surviving on thin air? Also I'm not defending the last promotion they were blooming awful.

Kyle Newman publicly stated that he was owed his points money for the bulk of the season at Plymouth

So the creditors report must be untrue because I trust newman implicitly,Ipswich have got them selfs a belting rider there.

At the end of the day only time will tell, if the promotion think that any rider isn't trying they will get rid

So the creditors report must be untrue because I trust newman implicitly,Ipswich have got them selfs a belting rider there.

Riders are definitely still owed money.

However, that money is to be paid by BSPA (when they get around to it).

Kurtz and the rest of the Plymouth side were getting paid this season. It was merely happening slower and slower as the season went on, which is usually a bad sign.

Is it being suggested that Sheffield has not one, but TWO riders who have deliberately lost races - thereby cheating the paying public - in order to manipulate results for personal gain (i.e. securing places in the Sheffield team by unfairly contriving to falsify their averages)? These are serious allegations which the Speedway Control Bureau should investigate and, if proven, take appropriate action.

Remember David Layne, Peter Swan and Tony Kaye? Banned for life from professional football and sentenced in 1965 to four months in prison for "throwing" a football match. In his summing up the judge said "I also have to think of the tens of thousands of ordinary citizens who find relaxation in football and watching football. Over the years they have paid their shillings to see a football match played as they thought by experts. For those shillings, they got not a match, but a dishonest charade. It is my duty to make it clear to other evil-minded persons in all kinds of sport that this is a serious crime.”

I pay my "shilling" regularly to watch a speedway match. If what you are suggesting is true then I too am paying to see a dishonest charade which, in the judges words, is "a serious crime". If evidence exists that such events have taken place it should be presented to the Speedway Control Bureau. Otherwise people should keep their speculation to themselves.

Just one more reason why riders should compete fairly and maintain their integrity with the paying supporters.

Just to put the record straight, they didn't throw a match, they bet that their team, Sheffield Wednesday, would lose, in fact one of them got the man of the match award after the game, still a serious offence but not match fixing

• Like 1

When you look over your shoulder coming off the third turn and blatantly close your throttle off when your on a 5-1 and let the two opposition riders pass you then open it again is that cheating when your on the last lap,is it cheating when you look over your shoulder coming off the last turn and turn the throttle off so an opposition rider can pass you but when he locked up himself and couldn't quite get there and your reaction is to throw your hands in the air and start looking at said rider and start shaking your head is that cheating or is it all just a coincidence as I'm not the only plymouth fan by a long shot to notice it.

When you look over your shoulder coming off the third turn and blatantly close your throttle off when your on a 5-1 and let the two opposition riders pass you then open it again is that cheating when your on the last lap,is it cheating when you look over your shoulder coming off the last turn and turn the throttle off so an opposition rider can pass you but when he locked up himself and couldn't quite get there and your reaction is to throw your hands in the air and start looking at said rider and start shaking your head is that cheating or is it all just a coincidence as I'm not the only plymouth fan by a long shot to notice it.

Ask Greg Hancock ?

And he got caught? So If the top dog got caught and when you look at all the TV angles it was pretty obvious what he did I suppose any one could do it.Anyway it's all in the past let's just see what he does for your team good luck to all the tigers fans and good luck Simon stead.

Did Todd Kurtz really do those things. If so bang out of order.

Did Todd Kurtz really do those things. If so bang out of order.

Yes it is cheating.

Yes he did but if you asked people in the know such as the team manager and todds mechanic you would realise it was a mechanical issue. I have stated that imo todd manipulated his ave but he did this by slowing down and letting his team mate pass him so he would still get the bonus point. Todd is a great lad good rider to have in your team and will be a good asset to sheffield. As for being miserable who can blame him the way plymouths promotion behaved last season was poor to say the least. Off track and socially todd is a good laugh and good company hes partial to jd and coke and knows how to enjoy himself👍

Yes he did but if you asked people in the know such as the team manager and todds mechanic you would realise it was a mechanical issue. I have stated that imo todd manipulated his ave but he did this by slowing down and letting his team mate pass him so he would still get the bonus point. Todd is a great lad good rider to have in your team and will be a good asset to sheffield. As for being miserable who can blame him the way plymouths promotion behaved last season was poor to say the least. Off track and socially todd is a good laugh and good company hes partial to jd and coke and knows how to enjoy himself

hmmm,I bow to your superior knowledge lewy.but it certainly never looked like that to me and the dozen or so people I stand with.

Can only see a 9 point average for Todd then, now hes happy and sorted his 5 year mechanical gremlins.

lol.i sense a bit of irony in your post .