British Speedway Forum
4thbender

Sheffield 2017

Thanks to all that came to tonight's STAARS meeting, next meeting is Thursday 12th January 2017 at the New Barrack Tavern from 7:30pm

• Like 1

When you look over your shoulder coming off the third turn and blatantly close your throttle off when your on a 5-1 and let the two opposition riders pass you then open it again is that cheating when your on the last lap,is it cheating when you look over your shoulder coming off the last turn and turn the throttle off so an opposition rider can pass you but when he locked up himself and couldn't quite get there and your reaction is to throw your hands in the air and start looking at said rider and start shaking your head is that cheating or is it all just a coincidence as I'm not the only plymouth fan by a long shot to notice it.

I can say I never saw anything like that from Kurtz last season and while my visits to SBA were limited I saw a fair few away meetings. His performance at Peterborough was, indeed, one of the best away ones I saw anywhere in 2016.

I also don't recall any of the boys I know from Plymouth - who travel everywhere - complaining about him on track (although there might have been the odd one about him off track).

Having just caught up with some of this thread can I just point out that at the time of Lasse Bjerre's disagreement with JBA at the 4TT weekend Lasse's average for 2016 was 6.11. At the seasons end he was averaging 6.49.

So if he was deliberately dropping his average he wasn't making a very good job of it!

• Like 2

I would hope the promoters are going to have the track prepared differently for next season. I hope so because this year it was gate and go, no overtaking and not very entertaining. We look to have a decent team so i would like them to have a track that they can race on, even if they miss the gate. UTT

• Like 3

I can't remember a team like sheffield where every rider is capable of putting a 1pt on there averages,very astute team building.

Easily the best reserve partnership in the league,heatleaders are all capable of top scoring anywhere.

Recipe for success.

I would hope the promoters are going to have the track prepared differently for next season. I hope so because this year it was gate and go, no overtaking and not very entertaining. We look to have a decent team so i would like them to have a track that they can race on, even if they miss the gate. UTT

Ithink other Promotions should looking at Track Prep as a major factor as to why fans are deserting the sport.Its gate and go at too many venues now.Sheffield used to be one of the best racing tracks in the country.
  • Like 2

It is actualy getting more difficult as the years pass to obtain good track material, a number of quarries have closed, so the choice from years gone by are no longer available.

It is actualy getting more difficult as the years pass to obtain good track material, a number of quarries have closed, so the choice from years gone by are no longer available.

And it doesn't come cheap anymore.

Yet some tracks do it on a regular basis, and Sheffield actually managed it on few occasions last season, the best meeting being against Newcastle in the league cup

• Like 1

I can't remember a team like sheffield where every rider is capable of putting a 1pt on there averages,very astute team building.

Easily the best reserve partnership in the league,heatleaders are all capable of top scoring anywhere.

Recipe for success.

2002 :t:

• Like 1

I bet we can all remember Steady, Compton, and others flying around the outside, throttle wide open. Very spectacular with no fear. totally confident in their ability and trust in other riders. I have seen young Bates do it now and again. It used to be like that every week. Those were the day's. UTT.

• Like 1