British Speedway Forum
4thbender

Sheffield 2017

Has Jack just quit the CL this year to focus on developing in the NL? Or is he just seeing out his season at Birmingham? What's going on?

Jack has stepped down from the championship for the rest of the season..

He will be riding NL only with Birmingham for the rest of 2017..

I would of thought you will see him back in the championship come 2018 with a years more experience under hes belt..

• Like 1

Jack has stepped down from the championship for the rest of the season..

He will be riding NL only with Birmingham for the rest of 2017..

I would of thought you will see him back in the championship come 2018 with a years more experience under hes belt..

That's great to hear, I feared he may be losing interest or confidence with the sport, and yet again because of a stupid rule, throwing kids in the deep end, we would lose another :(

• Like 1

That's great to hear, I feared he may be losing interest or confidence with the sport, and yet again because of a stupid rule, throwing kids in the deep end, we would lose another :(

No thankfully not hes seems to be getting hes form back beating boxall and roynon last night at there home track so hopefully he can kick on again now..

People need to remember he only rode in a reserve berth in the NL all last season but i have no doubt at all he will be back better and stronger in the championship more than likely with Sheffield i hope still on a 2.00 average he should be a real bargain in 2018...

Its such a tough sport for a 16 year old lad they need our support and hopefully hes welcomed back at Sheffield

No thankfully not hes seems to be getting hes form back beating boxall and roynon last night at there home track so hopefully he can kick on again now..

People need to remember he only rode in a reserve berth in the NL all last season but i have no doubt at all he will be back better and stronger in the championship more than likely with Sheffield i hope still on a 2.00 average he should be a real bargain in 2018...

Its such a tough sport for a 16 year old lad they need our support and hopefully hes welcomed back at Sheffield

He looked very smooth a classy at Berwick earlier in the season he was only lacking a bit of pace ,he is a good prospect if guided properly.
  • Like 1

We have raced the PLRC on Sundays plus of course have managed to arrange the Ipswich fixture on a Sunday, and last year we had the play off fixtures on Wednesday nights which was previously unheard of!! I seem to think Mondays were becoming increasingly unavailable for some reason, but don't hang me on that statement.

Just checked greyhound website and on Monday they have afternoon races with the last one starting at 6.18pm so Monday night speedway seems impractical

Todd Kurtz or Rob Branford must be close to getting the boot,we can't carry both away from home much longer.

• Like 1

Todd Kurtz or Rob Branford must be close to getting the boot,we can't carry both away from home much longer.

have to agree there.as much as i like watching both of them ride, their away form has let them down badly especially rob.todd has the ability but looks pitifully slow away from owlerton.think the management have to act fast if we have any ambition about making the play offs and this could well be the turning point as to how well we do, only problem is not sure if the riders are out there to begin with.

A lovely Thursday night, a backlog of matches, and no speedway at Owlerton. Really wonder. Now 10 weeks since Edinburgh match called off, and still no re-staging date. I believe that both Scunny and Workington, when they had a match rained off, arranged a new date the same day, and rode it next date. Why are Sheffield unable to re-arrange a match??? It has to be done so do it.

Also 5 weeks since we went through to KOC semi, 1 week since Redcar called off, and no sign of any news for re-staging dates. Should be getting on with it a bit more. There can be no guarantees that there will not be any more post-poned.

Beginning to look like there is no attempt to get matches staged before play off deadines.

Only match that appears to have been re-arranged is the Ipswich match for Sunday 10 September, which according to Sheffield website starts at 5.30, but Ipswich say it starts at 7.30.

Fed up of waiting and trying to leave my dates free so I can get to Owlerton. I really will consider after many decades of following them, making this my last year.

I hope it is 5.30 when the Witches go up to Sheffield in Sept - if it is there may well be a few of us travelling up. If its 7.30 then probably not....

Would be nice if they got together and put the same information (preferably correct) on both websites. But this is speedway.

• Like 1

I would expect tha the Sheffield one should be the most reliable in this case - after all you are putting on the meeting.

If so just hope the Witches turn up on time 😆

I think the main reason for the delay is all this ridiculous doubling and tripling up of the riders,Its not just a case of club v club fixtures its nigh on impossible to field the same 7 riders for the current fixture list then when nearly everybody has got 4-5 riders riding for other clubs and their rearranged matches its an absolute nightmare to rearrange.Add to the fact limited track availability and more rain ???? The doubling up should have been capped as its now got out of hand,It will be interesting how many fixtures have had both teams fielding their regular 7 when the season ends.

Its time for this club to do something bold, like sign on Jordan Stewart. I believe he is a club asset. Will need the rest of the season to establish himself. he is abetter prospect than Jye Ethridge who finally is going well.. This man finished 5th in the last Australian under 21 title behind Max Fricke & Jack Holder. The other Aussie ready to go is Zaine Kennedy, he is eligible to ride in the UK, he is making steady progress in Australia.

• Like 1

A Ellis would come into Div 2 on a 5.00 ave, would Sheffield prefer him to T Kurtz (5.00)?

J Graversen would come into Div 2 on a 4.13 ave, would Sheffield prefer him to R Branford (4.13)?

Z Wajtknecht would come into Div 2 on a 3.65 ave, another alternative to Branford?

Edited by szkocjasid