British Speedway Forum
4thbender

Sheffield 2017

Hate to join the doomsayers on this one, but the racing has been very poor this year. You can see top riders struggling to get any drive to pass. Not a track preparation expert, but been a Tigers fan for over 50 years and cant remember the track being so slick and dusty before ?- is it the bikes, the riders preference, or type of shale? would be nice to get an official perspective from the promotion. Even found myself looking at the recent Belle Vue meetings and thinking they looked much better..... heresy I know but the carvery has been the best part of some of the meetings this year....

Think it s riders preference due to bikes being too powerful for dirt on track
  • Like 1

1. Simon Stead 8.39/Jason Garrity 8.55

2. Ricky Wells 7.71

3. Dimitri Berge 6.91

4. Josh Bates 5.02

5. Rory Schlein 7.17

6. Arthur Sissis 3.79 (Fernando Garcia 4.23 if dropped by Glasgow and Stead at 1)

7. Jack Parkinson Blackburn 3.00

Total 41.99/42.15

IMO, the first contract signed for 2017 should be for a load of new shale. I don't understand why the tractors go around so much, when there is hardly anything to grade.

Couldn't agree more, I will give it three meetings next season for the racing to be racing and not riding round as follow me leader and then if there is no improvement I will be £50 a week better off

Couldn't agree more, I will give it three meetings next season for the racing to be racing and not riding round as follow me leader and then if there is no improvement I will be £50 a week better off

No getting away from the fact that the racing has been poor this season.

I wonder if co-incidental that since Eric Boocock has come back to the club that the track has changed dramatically and the team spirit within the team has evaporated.

• Like 1

No getting away from the fact that the racing has been poor this season.

I wonder if co-incidental that since Eric Boocock has come back to the club that the track has changed dramatically and the team spirit within the team has evaporated.

Just the last time he was here, whoever thought he would good for the team needed his head looking at

Edited by The Third Man
  • Like 3

1. Simon Stead 8.39/Jason Garrity 8.55

2. Ricky Wells 7.71

3. Dimitri Berge 6.91

4. Josh Bates 5.02

5. Rory Schlein 7.17

6. Arthur Sissis 3.79 (Fernando Garcia 4.23 if dropped by Glasgow and Stead at 1)

7. Jack Parkinson Blackburn 3.00

Total 41.99/42.15

What? No Kyle Howarth? Big mistake.

The first thing the promoter's should do is get shut of Boocock, he is living in the past, and Kyle Howarth should be the first rider on the team sheet.

• Like 2

The first thing the promoter's should do is get shut of Boocock, he is living in the past, and Kyle Howarth should be the first rider on the team sheet.

Totally agree on both counts, Kyle has proved to be an excellent signing and hopefully he will want to stay with the club for next season.

That's the cancer that's killing the sport . Make the tracks fair and consistant for the riders , but in a manner that's condusive to entertaining speedway for the paying public . If a gating tart cant hold onto the lead because the racers have enough grip to work with and get the better of him , then that's just too bad .

Well he would ride in the rerun,as he had a chance of 3rd place overall,didn't look comfortable though.

Well he would ride in the rerun,as he had a chance of 3rd place overall,didn't look comfortable though.

Of course he would! But if it was serious he would not have been able , then after that he would still have another race in the Final.!!