British Speedway Forum
4thbender

Sheffield 2017

very impressive from a 12 year old .... had a decent debut .

Huh... What did I miss? lol

Well done Josh Bates. Off the pace what do you expect. Cook was about as good as he was at Owlerton on Thursday. He is not as good as he think's he is. utt

guy was ill at owlerton . t,wit , too woo .

Huh... What did I miss? lol

just what the presenters commented on .

Well done Josh Bates. Off the pace what do you expect. Cook was about as good as he was at Owlerton on Thursday. He is not as good as he think's he is. utt

i dont look at averages , but isnt craig coole up there somewhere ?

guy was ill at owlerton . t,wit , too woo .

just what the presenters commented on .

i dont look at averages , but isnt craig coole up there somewhere ?

Craig Cook big fish small pond springs to mind

Don't get the anti Craig Cook agenda best rider in this league by a distance.

Seems it is more apparent that if your half decent and British you get slated, strange.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 3

Seems it is more apparent that if your half decent and British you get slated, strange.

Don't think anyone is disputing he isn't a good rider in this league. Just that he isn't good enough for the gp's or to ride regularly in Poland/Sweden

as are a lot of

championship riders today .f

harris springs to mind ! number 5 at peterborough , but number 1 at rye house .

so lets move howarth , bates ( if he is as good as you say he is ) scrabbleman lasse b up into the top league . you cant , because they are already there .

stop moaning about riders when they are having a not so good time .

craig has a polish team .

Edited by jenga

as are a lot of

championship riders today .f

harris springs to mind ! number 5 at peterborough , but number 1 at rye house .

so lets move howarth , bates ( if he is as good as you say he is ) scrabbleman lasse b up into the top league . you cant , because they are already there .

stop moaning about riders when they are having a not so good time .

craig has a polish team .

I'm not complaining they are in our league just in Cook's case saying he won't get any better than he currently is. This is a forum after all so I'm aloud my opinion as much as your allowed yours.

Not sure I follow 'the get at Cook' attitude - he is what he is and I'm not sure I have ever seen him attempt to big himself up into being something he isn't. Never spoken to him as such, but he seems a really nice guy - when he guested for Sheffield a lot a year or 2 back he was brilliant with the kids hanging around the pits, always had time for them for high fives, signatures and photos etc

• Like 1

Its the baw heid mentality he has regularly displayed and overall lack of maturity that has rubbed people up the wrong way over many years, who are now taking great delight in rubbing his nose in it.

Best rider in the UK is largely meaningless as only 2 GP riders remain, one of which is on a rapid downward and the standard of the league is largely diluted compared to even 5 years ago.

Cook isnt cultured enough or long fused to make the grade competitively outside the UK IMO.

Really starting to wonder if Sheffield are ever going to arrange dates for their outstanding home matches. Nearly 13 weeks since Edinburgh rained off. If a match takes this long to arrange, the play off semi could be around Christmas, if we qualify. Simple suggestion. Ride Edinburgh 03 August reserved date on fixture list. Ride Redcar 07 September, no fixture on our list for this date, and a free Thursday for Redcar. No need to worry too much about cup semi just yet. The quarter final second leg between Scunny and Peterborough not until 22 September.

Think this is really overdue to be sorted out, not forgetting, no guarantees there will not be any more rain offs.

Can use guests or R/R. Not ideal, but at least we can still get points.May as well go down trying rather than failing to qualify because could not be bothered to arrange any matches, or we left it right to the play off deadline, and then got some more rain offs. Could happen.

One match now arranged. Redcar 10 September after Ipswich.

Edited by RS50

One match now arranged. Redcar 10 September after Ipswich.

Double header - increased price??

Double header - increased price??

I'd expect so, I don't know how easy/difficult it would be to administer another admission price just for Ipswich/Redcar fans - a price of, say £25, would be acceptable to me as I'm watching both meetings. But of course I get that Ipswich fans would perhaps want to set off for home instead of watching the Redcar meeting, just as Redcar fans probably wouldn't want to get there for 3.30 and then hang around for 90 minutes/2 hours waiting for their meeting.

Edited by Tigerblade