British Speedway Forum
4thbender

Sheffield 2017

Can't wait for Thursday, the promotion are giving away free air horns to the first 50 kids through the turnstiles! Last time they did it there was a kid near us who was blowing it all through the evening, couldn't hear the announcer or the people I was standing with!

I'd expect so, I don't know how easy/difficult it would be to administer another admission price just for Ipswich/Redcar fans - a price of, say £25, would be acceptable to me as I'm watching both meetings. But of course I get that Ipswich fans would perhaps want to set off for home instead of watching the Redcar meeting, just as Redcar fans probably wouldn't want to get there for 3.30 and then hang around for 90 minutes/2 hours waiting for their meeting.

Think its obvious that there will be a price increase when your getting twice the amount of races.Im not a big lover of double headers but it looks like needs must.Cant understand why we have not tried to get fixtures arranged for off race days Sunday Monday Wednesday !!!!! Hope the double header is not rained off.

Can't wait for Thursday, the promotion are giving away free air horns to the first 50 kids through the turnstiles! Last time they did it there was a kid near us who was blowing it all through the evening, couldn't hear the announcer or the people I was standing with!

Can't beat a library atmosphere at Speedway.

• Like 1

Think its obvious that there will be a price increase when your getting twice the amount of races.Im not a big lover of double headers but it looks like needs must.Cant understand why we have not tried to get fixtures arranged for off race days Sunday Monday Wednesday !!!!! Hope the double header is not rained off.

I was planning to get to this as it is our second nearest away track and sunday teatime start time suited a treat but I don't fancy paying that sort of money as would leave after the Witches match. Shame really.

Airhorns can be ok and add to atmosphere provided one isn't next to a fan who blasts at every other word from the announcer. They were banned at Hull, Craven Park after local residents complained to the council about them, but not the noise made by the bikes, in the mis-guided belief the council would free double glazing or a rate reduction. The air horn ban defo took away some atmosphere and also younger fans and crucially their parents. An interesting complainent were the owners of a nearby pizza / kebab establishment, though they appeared not to complain about their premises being packed out with supporters and riders of a Wednesday nite....

Edited by Martin Mauger

...and Redcar Friday 11th August.

What a wonderful piece of planning... Sheffield United are at Boro on the Saturday, I wasn't initially going to go as the match is being televised, but I've now had a change of heart :t:

• Like 2

Is Josh G injured?. Noticed Somerset used R/R for him Monday.

Josh was injured in Poland on Sunday. Don't know any more details.

Take it Josh is out Friday anyway as Somerset are riding

How many Teams have come to Armadale with their own 1-7 this season.Not many !!

How many Teams have come to Armadale with their own 1-7 this season.Not many !!

Only Ipswich!!

(Not sure if Hawking made the trip though!!)

14 home matches and in 6 the away team had a guest at no.1 (Aaron Summers in 3 of them!!) and r/r at no. 1 in another.

14 guests and 5 r/r's in those away teams..

Only Ipswich!!

(Not sure if Hawking made the trip though!!)

14 home matches and in 6 the away team had a guest at no.1 (Aaron Summers in 3 of them!!) and r/r at no. 1 in another.

14 guests and 5 r/r's in those away teams..

We had our 1-7 when we got our glorious draw earlier on in the season