British Speedway Forum
4thbender

Sheffield 2017

Lasse rode a last in ht15 last night. Maybe he aggravate his knee injury, UTT

Lasse rode a last in ht15 last night. Maybe he aggravate his knee injury, UTT

Lasse didn't ride in heat 15 or take an R/R ride, just took his 4 programmed rides & looked good for his full maximum. Update site is wrong King ran a last place in heat 15, not Bjerre.

Lasse didn't ride in heat 15 or take an R/R ride, just took his 4 programmed rides & looked good for his full maximum. Update site is wrong King ran a last place in heat 15, not Bjerre.

Cheer's. I thought it funny when he had rode unbeaten all night.

• Like 1

But he opted out of the "Fours" at Peterborough because he was "feeling his knee". Hope this is just a blip and not something that's going to dog him for the rest of the season. We need him!

Following eight wins in a row, it's not too early to start considering what might happen if we reach the play-offs and actually come out tops as League Champions. That would mean we have to face a race-off with the bottom team in the Premiership (probably Leicester on current form) for a place in the 2018 Premier League.

What do people think about Sheffield racing in the PL? (personally I think if we could keep the same 1 - 7 we'd probably win it).

But these possibilities throw up a conundrum. If Sheffield face a race-off with Leicester, whose colours will Josh B and Lasse be wearing? The prospect of them racing for either side and bringing about the demise of the other seems ludicrous.

Bet the SCB never thought of those implications when they introduced promotion/demotion this season!

• Like 1

I would just like to say what a season our captain Kyle Howarth is having at both levels of speedway. I hope he keeps it going. Brilliant. UTT.

The Championship form-guide is as follows:

Sheffield + 24 (M23 - 10H/13A)

Glasgow + 22 (M22 - 10H/12A)

Ipswich + 11 (M26 - 14H/12A)

Edinburgh + 9 (M24 - 14H/10A)

Redcar + 6 (M25 - 13H/12A)

Workington + 1 (M17 - 9H/8A)

Peterborough 0 (M22 - 12H/10A)

Newcastle - 5 (M22 - 11H/11A)

Scunthorpe - 12 (M25 - 12H/13A)

Berwick - 25 (M28 - 12H/16A)

This is the point at which Sheffield's season has fallen apart for the past 3 years: August is the month when injuries have started to take their toll. I think it's vital for the league run-in that we keep a fit 1 - 7, and if we can do so the title is ours for the taking. It's worrying that Lasse is already carrying a knee injury. Steady should be wrapping his riders in cotton wool for the next few weeks.

If my memory serves me correctly, we went into the play-offs in 2016 with only 4 fit riders.I'm beginning to fear the worst already with (first) Lasse and (now) Josh G on the injury list. I hope history is not about to repeat itself, but following the experience of recent years I've started to dread August coming round.

I would just like to say what a season our captain Kyle Howarth is having at both levels of speedway. I hope he keeps it going. Brilliant. UTT.

I couldn't agree more. I was delighted when they made him captain - he's the beating heart of the team. The lad's been a revelation since he came to us from Worky (and some up there seemed quite glad to see him go!)

I hope he's the first name on the team sheet for 2018, whichever league we're racing in.

• Like 1

If we get to the play offs and face Leicester I believe Sheffield would have Josh and Leicester would have Lasse. If one of them was injured would both teams use rider replacement for the same rider?

If my memory serves me correctly, we went into the play-offs in 2016 with only 4 fit riders.I'm beginning to fear the worst already with (first) Lasse and (now) Josh G on the injury list. I hope history is not about to repeat itself, but following the experience of recent years I've started to dread August coming round.

I couldn't agree more. I was delighted when they made him captain - he's the beating heart of the team. The lad's been a revelation since he came to us from Worky (and some up there seemed quite glad to see him go!)

I hope he's the first name on the team sheet for 2018, whichever league we're racing in.

totally agree.and would be more than happy if we could keep most of the rest of this super side, including steady.

Following eight wins in a row, it's not too early to start considering what might happen if we reach the play-offs and actually come out tops as League Champions. That would mean we have to face a race-off with the bottom team in the Premiership (probably Leicester on current form) for a place in the 2018 Premier League.

What do people think about Sheffield racing in the PL? (personally I think if we could keep the same 1 - 7 we'd probably win it).

But these possibilities throw up a conundrum. If Sheffield face a race-off with Leicester, whose colours will Josh B and Lasse be wearing? The prospect of them racing for either side and bringing about the demise of the other seems ludicrous.

Bet the SCB never thought of those implications when they introduced promotion/demotion this season!

2 things

1 It was the BSPA that introduced a Promotion/relegation play-off- the SCB stuck it in the rule book on the instructions from the BSPA.

2 I would imagine the problem with the D/U`s potentially double booked would be either A the priority used during the regular season would apply B if more than 1 maybe they would say they ride for one team once and a facility is granted for the other match, which I suppose could equally apply if it`s just one D/U involved.

Edited by racers and royals

that's not the only problem, if it did happen which track would the promoter want to be in the PL?

do they want Leicester to stay, or do they see more opportunities in Sheffield being in the PL?

it could lead to a completely rigged match.

bet the promoters didn't think of that either

and what happens if its not Leicester and Sheffield get promoted, I am sure there used to be a rule against the same promoters running two teams in the same league

According to Leicester speedway website their promoters are Dave Darcy and Neil Machin. Damien Bates listed as owner but not promoter. Not sure if this has any significance.

If we get to the play offs and face Leicester I believe Sheffield would have Josh and Leicester would have Lasse. If one of them was injured would both teams use rider replacement for the same rider?

Knowing speedway they will probably toss a coin .

I think that you will find that both Josh and Lasse would be riding for Sheffield if Sheffield and Leicester would meet in the Promotion and Relegation Play Off. as they would if there was a clash of fixtures.

• Like 2

Yes I think you are right. I was thinking back that Sheffield did not have priority but that was when he was going to ride for Coventry.

I hope Scott Nicholls rides for the Tigers like he did for the Lions on Monday. It should be interesting seeing him riding in the championship. It's great to have Lasse back, that makes us even stronger, and it takes a bit of pressure off the other rider's UTT.

• Like 1