British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
soupy

Redcar Silver Helmet Thursday 22nd

In the lead up to the event, Brian made a big point of highlighting the change of format to a "16 rider event". I would think most people associated a "16 rider event" with the traditional 20 heat format, I did, and many fans near me also did. But like all things that Brian is involved in, the devil is in the detail, and once again, the detail didn't match the perceived outcome.

In the lead up to the event, Brian made a big point of highlighting the change of format to a "16 rider event". I would think most people associated a "16 rider event" with the traditional 20 heat format, I did, and many fans near me also did. But like all things that Brian is involved in, the devil is in the detail, and once again, the detail didn't match the perceived outcome.

I think it did match the perceived outcome. That Havelock, would dilute the amount and quality of the product, its what he always does.

As much as it pains me to stick up for Brian, it was advertised on the website and the local radio as 16 heats.

For what it's worth I hated the format and 20 heats would have made sense but what do I know

As much as it pains me to stick up for Brian, it was advertised on the website and the local radio as 16 heats.

For what it's worth I hated the format and 20 heats would have made sense but what do I know

When it was first brought up, at one of the clubhouse nights, (think it was Zoe's place). It was suggested that the Silver Helmet revert to a 16 rider, 20 heat format. Brian Havelock said, it would require an increase to £18 to make that happen. Then latterly when details were released, it was watered down to 16 heats a semi - final and a final, 18 heats in total. It was what many expected.

• Like 1