British Speedway Forum
Poole Quay 7

Wolverhampton V Poole: El Play-off Semi-final 2nd Leg

Thats that then. No chance of getting past Wolves now.

Havent a clue what's up. Disastrous.

Guess its r/r so we are a one heat leader team.

Poole don't fool me. They have been at their strongest when they have been weakened. Forgot the win at lakeside and the point at wolves with a patched up side??

Poole should comfortably defend a 12 point margin. That's to big a job to pull back.

wolves are missing star man Jacob Thorssell, huge loss. Bomber will do his best to cover tho.

This just shows how stupid you really are, backed up by brum.

prayingforantonio #prayingforhanshand #prayingforbjarnesknee #prayingpoolegetmullered.

So your real name is Starman2006? Staggering coincidence the field of work you ended up in isn't it.

:rofl: oh i don't know, there is a lot of call for paperboys.

• Like 3

I of course still minus a miracle have Poole as making the final, however the bookies have them as ODDS ON favs for the title, a little premature I think, but hey what do I know having never seen a broke bookie!!

Good luck Wolves

Well, we're about 4.5 hours away from the match, despite all the controversy beforehand I'm getting very excited.

Only problem I have is woke up with a bad migraine and it won't shift... which is really going to impact upon my enjoyment tonight. However, I will be there, absolutely not going to miss this, playoff speedway, the sport at its best.

Let's hope for an excellent meeting and no injuries.

• Like 4

When someone cries wolf as many times as Poole have done over the years, I now don't believe anything I read or hear. Lindback may be doubled up in hospital with stomach pains to which I would feel for him, But unless i saw him with my own eyes then there will be this doubt.......

No doubt Poole feel they will benefit more using R/R then what Lindback would have scored..... Cynical I know, but whose fault is that..??

I'd say that's a pretty sorry state of affairs. Perhaps at that point it's time to part with the sport. Can't imagine there is much enjoyment there for you.

To suggest that Poole prefer R/R over Lindback is just nonsense... It really is mate. To assume that R/R would perform better that a world class rider is, at very best, a foolish gamble with absolute minimum benefits either way. Even if Lindback were not to perform at his best, the experience for BV is essential. With a 12 point lead and a tactical ride to fall back on I doubt very much any team would consider such a pointless gamble.

So your real name is Starman2006? Staggering coincidence the field of work you ended up in isn't it.

Yes, it's true. Mr & Mrs Man2006 christened him "Star" in the hope that he might be a bit brighter.

• Like 7

When someone cries wolf as many times as Poole have done over the years, I now don't believe anything I read or hear. Lindback may be doubled up in hospital with stomach pains to which I would feel for him, But unless i saw him with my own eyes then there will be this doubt.......

No doubt Poole feel they will benefit more using R/R then what Lindback would have scored..... Cynical I know, but whose fault is that..??

Why did they sign him then?

They could have used R/R anyway could they not? or used (if fit) Andersen who scored 13 from 5 there earlier in the season? Or a guest with a higher average?

Edited by The Mockingjay
  • Like 1

Well, we're about 4.5 hours away from the match, despite all the controversy beforehand I'm getting very excited.

Only problem I have is woke up with a bad migraine and it won't shift... which is really going to impact upon my enjoyment tonight. However, I will be there, absolutely not going to miss this, playoff speedway, the sport at its best.

I reckon Matt Ford's been switching your paracetamol with vitamin pills. That man knows no bounds.

• Like 1

BREAKING NEWS; Poole have been dealt another injury blow ahead of tonight's play off second leg after Starman had problems with his brain scan. According to reports just in, the results came back negative.

• Like 6

Am hoping for a Wolves win tonight. They can do it but they`ll need there gating gloves on . Cmon Wolves get in there !

• Like 1

Not R/R for you then? Enjoy

Have to confess that Signing Lindback, manipulating his average, using him once, then faking his stomach problems in order that they can use R/R is a conspiracy theory too far even for me :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Why did they sign him then?

They could have used R/R anyway could they not? or used (if fit) Andersen who scored 13 from 5 there earlier in the season? Or a guest with a higher average?

He'll be handy round Belle Vue.

As a neutral i really can see this being close.If Freddie is fired up and puts himself about, i really can see a shock on the cards.He alone needs and can shake the Poole riders up,and if he does then anythings possible.

Hope it is close, I still take Poole but I'd like to see some decent racing and a real competition for the final place. It's a very attractive fixture even minus Lindback (who for my money was one of the most exciting riders in the first leg even though he didn't score well).