British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
secsy1

Exclusions And Disqualifications

Prior to a meeting taking place the machine examiner checks all bikes are in correct order prior to racing, supposedly!!!!

If a rider is deemed to ride dangerously he is disqualified?

If a silencer drops off during a race he is excluded?

If no dirt deflector is on during a race is he excluded?

But if his cut out does not work after just winning a race, but before returning to pits what happens? Exclusion, disqualification or just bad luck?

Prior to a meeting taking place the machine examiner checks all bikes are in correct order prior to racing, supposedly!!!!

If a rider is deemed to ride dangerously he is disqualified?

If a silencer drops off during a race he is excluded?

If no dirt deflector is on during a race is he excluded?

But if his cut out does not work after just winning a race, but before returning to pits what happens? Exclusion, disqualification or just bad luck?

Not sure why anyone would need a cut out to work after winning a race unless you did a tommy Knudsen and fall off crossing the Finnish line doing a wheelie lol Edited by robert72

Not sure why anyone would need a cut out to work after winning a race unless you did a tommy Knudsen and fall off crossing the Finnish line doing a wheelie lol

Its very simple, was it ever checked and it is dangerous as the bike could have ended up anywhere if the rider became detached from it during the race

Its very simple, was it ever checked and it is dangerous as the bike could have ended up anywhere if the rider became detached from it during the race

It was always checked when warming the bikes up, however if a rider crashes it could snap a wire and the cut off won't work so could keep going, nothing is checked after a race to my knowledge

• Like 1

Silencer has to be on the bike all race. If he falls off or breaks during in a race it's an exclusion - I've seen that happen (Andre Compton while racing for Newcastle at Newport)

A dirt deflector just has to be on the bike when the tapes go up and secured correctly. If it falls off during the race its ok

A rider can be excuded for dangerous riding at any time if the rider think his riding was dangerous/unfair. I've only ever seen it 3 times and one of them was utter madness!

Technically, a cut out has to work at all times and HAS to be worn at all times on track. But I doubt it's ever checked and I've never heard of a rider being excluded for it.

Silencer has to be on the bike all race. If he falls off or breaks during in a race it's an exclusion - I've seen that happen (Andre Compton while racing for Newcastle at Newport)

A dirt deflector just has to be on the bike when the tapes go up and secured correctly. If it falls off during the race its ok

A rider can be excuded for dangerous riding at any time if the rider think his riding was dangerous/unfair. I've only ever seen it 3 times and one of them was utter madness!

Technically, a cut out has to work at all times and HAS to be worn at all times on track. But I doubt it's ever checked and I've never heard of a rider being excluded for it.

Remember it well. Into the crowd in front of the home straight stand. Could have been worse.

Not just on track. The cut-out has to be worn at all times when the engine is running. A mechanic warming-up the bike in the pits has to wear the cut-out.

And it is ALWAYS checked. I've known some machine examiners miss a few things, but I've never known one miss out on checking a cut-out EVER. The machine examiner has a sheet that goes to the SCB where every rider is listed and he ticks off and signs it as he checks every bike.

The silencer has to be on for the entire race and a rider is disqualified if it comes off during a race. The dirt deflector has to be on and correctly fitted at the start of the race, but there's no penalty if it gets knocked off during a race (regardless of what tatum thinks).

• Like 1

I saw a rider get excluded AFTER the race for wearing the same helmet colour as his team mate in an EL meeting it took the ref 4 laps to exclude him lol

Technically, a rider is disqualified only from a heat, for whatever reason. If a rider is excluded, it means that he cannot ride again in the meeting.

I saw a rider get excluded AFTER the race for wearing the same helmet colour as his team mate in an EL meeting it took the ref 4 laps to exclude him lol

Not the Storm then? That happened to Danny Ayres in heat 3 of the recent Coventry v Belle Vue Colts match. He'd won the race as well. :lol:

Not just on track. The cut-out has to be worn at all times when the engine is running. A mechanic warming-up the bike in the pits has to wear the cut-out.

And it is ALWAYS checked. I've known some machine examiners miss a few things, but I've never known one miss out on checking a cut-out EVER. The machine examiner has a sheet that goes to the SCB where every rider is listed and he ticks off and signs it as he checks every bike.

The silencer has to be on for the entire race and a rider is disqualified if it comes off during a race. The dirt deflector has to be on and correctly fitted at the start of the race, but there's no penalty if it gets knocked off during a race (regardless of what tatum thinks).

I've seen a NL rider fined for removing his cutout from his wrist after a race, however it is common practice in the EL and GP's and is seen on the TV all the time! Presumably it's because the NL rider can afford to be fined.

Also saw Karlis Ezergailis fined for having the wrong shade of yellow helmet cover at the same NL meeting as the referee told the machine examiner to measure the eco mats but when a rider punched another following a collision it wasn't mentioned :lol: Then again it was Ms Vardy so not like a real referee.

• Like 2

I've seen a NL rider fined for removing his cutout from his wrist after a race, however it is common practice in the EL and GP's and is seen on the TV all the time! Presumably it's because the NL rider can afford to be fined.

Common practice because referees have been told to allow it for televised EL meetings. Spoke to one referee who refused to allow it and surprise he doesn't referee EL matches on TV.

There are other referees who refuse to do TV meetings.

The other problem is that the Clerk of the Course tends to be a homer and say nothing to the referee about infringement.

.......Darcys Onion............The result was announced as per the incorrect helmet colours, then they realised the wrong helmet colours had been worn and swapped the result around, but neither rider was disqualified!

I suppose technically that was okay because at least two different helmet colours had been worn. :lol: In the Danny Ayres case he wore white the same as his team mate. Makes you wonder sometimes what the referees are looking at because even I noticed the two Colts had the same colour on and that was from quite far away and without my glasses whereas the referee is right above the starting gate.

Not the Storm then? That happened to Danny Ayres in heat 3 of the recent Coventry v Belle Vue Colts match. He'd won the race as well. :lol:

Think it may of been actually lol I put my mistake down to my head pounding with Yorkie voice all night.

• Like 1

And you still didn't come to say 'Hello'. :neutral: I'm sure Lucy wouldn't have minded being woken up for a few seconds.