British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ommer Mon

Cradley V Eastbourne Tpnl Ko Cup Semi Final

Think most clubs will be sniffing around in all 3 leagues. Big scorer and someone who will increase gate receipts for who ever he rides for. What a shame he never started 10 years earlier.

• Like 2

I don't understand why eagles fans hate him.... obviously I support eagles and I don't have a problem with him at all he's a trier and that's good...

I could be mistaken but I don't think Eastbourne fans hate Danny - at least I hope they don't!

He's a great character, plays to the crowd and maybe scores a few to many points against us, maybe that's why he is sometimes cast in the role of pantomime villain and maybe it should be taken as a back handed compliment if the crowd are giving him the bird (please pardon the pun)

I'm a big Eagles fan and I have no problem whatsoever with Danny, gives 100% every time and as I mentioned he is a character, not unlike Barney Kennett, Kelvin Mullarkey and certain others back in the day - the sport could do with a few more like him I say

That said, I wouldn't feel too disappointed if he didn't score too many against us in the Play Off Semi's ;-)

Danny is a Kent asset so he cannot sign for any other team without Kents permission. He has improved massively this year but I cannot see him in elite next year so hopefully Kent and p.l.

Actually that's incorrect. NL cannot have assets and as well as that you cannot stop a rider from wishing to ride for another club. E.g Adam at Poole instead of Lakeside.

I don't understand why eagles fans hate him.... obviously I support eagles and I don't have a problem with him at all he's a trier and that's good...

Just like they did Nicki Pedersen, until he rode for us.

I think with riders like Danny it more that people 'love' to hate them than actually hate them. He is entertaining and shows emotion. He is 100% entertainment and the stick the Eastie fans give him (Small section of them) is just pantomime stuff, they love him really.

Actually that's incorrect. NL cannot have assets and as well as that you cannot stop a rider from wishing to ride for another club. E.g Adam at Poole instead of Lakeside.

Danny signed for Kent before that rule came out, but for sure he can ride elsewhere if he can find a club willing to pay Kents million pound transfer fee. :)

Danny signed for Kent before that rule came out, but for sure he can ride elsewhere if he can find a club willing to pay Kents million pound transfer fee. :)

So did Zach W but he went to Lakeside for nothing.

So did Zach W but he went to Lakeside for nothing.

I'm sure the Kent management would not stand in his way if he had an elite offer. My point was he is a Kent asset so they have first dibs on him n I really cannot see they would want to lose him to another nl club, same applies to James.

I'm sure the Kent management would not stand in his way if he had an elite offer. My point was he is a Kent asset so they have first dibs on him n I really cannot see they would want to lose him to another nl club, same applies to James.

If he doesn't want to ride for them then they can't make him... if he wants to go to Cradley that's where he'll go

If he doesn't want to ride for them then they can't make him... if he wants to go to Cradley that's where he'll go

True. That is why nl teams cannot now sign riders, it gives riders freedom to move if they feel another club would be more benificial. But as Danny is a Kent asset they can ask for a fee if another club came in for him. Cannot see that Cradley can offer him anything that Kent can't.

True. That is why nl teams cannot now sign riders, it gives riders freedom to move if they feel another club would be more benificial. But as Danny is a Kent asset they can ask for a fee if another club came in for him. Cannot see that Cradley can offer him anything that Kent can't.

Club colours that match his leathers? :lol:

• Like 3