British Speedway Forum
kingbee

What Would You Like From The Agm

Promoters to think "hang on a minute, we've got some great English talent coming through. Let's channel some of the sponsorship we throw at average foreigners towards our boys instead"

Or is that too radical an idea ?

They can't really complain if they choose to ride for teams that seem to have a history of preferring foreigners. Perhaps those young riders need to vote with their feet and try to get places at teams that support British riders not only by having a majority of Brits in their EL teams but by running NL teams as well. Perhaps then the others might be encouraged to change their policy.

Edited by Aces51

A fixed average conversion system similar to what Svemo uses.

Each foreign league gets a fixed value based on the strength compared

to the British league. Then each new foreign rider gets their home league

average translated to a British average based on the leagues strength value.

• Like 2

Exactly this. No reason this shouldn't be used.

No way those things would come true anytime mate... I have more chance of riding next years Grand national winner than winning the euromillions.

Except of course one team did achieve all those things this season didn't they?

Though unfortunately it seems - according to rumours, though ones which seem to have substance -the club are having issues paying riders. Hopefully the play off final should help alleviate those. And hopefully it's a cash flow issue as a result of the Peter craven call off, which I guess cost aces 150kish, rather than an issue showing flaws in the overall business plan and budgets.

Setting averages based on the supposed "strength" is as false as any other average system.

If a rider is hitting 9 average in Ekstraliga or Elitserien doesn't mean they'll do the same in the Elite League.

In fact, more often than not most rider's averages decrease due to how technical the track are here in the UK.

Promoters to think "hang on a minute, we've got some great English talent coming through. Let's channel some of the sponsorship we throw at average foreigners towards our boys instead"

Or is that too radical an idea ?

Could also expect young riders to return the loyalty shown by the club they are an asset of rather than wanting to ride elsewhere.

It works both ways.

Better referees!!!

Are you volunteering to be one then? :unsure:

• Like 1

- BSPA to create a role for someone knowledgeable and experienced to supervise track preparation. (Some places really need it!)

- Drink/drugs tests before every single meeting (and don't allow a team mate to take it instead!)

- Youth GB sides (U23, U21, U16?) to take part in (test) matches on the continent on a semi-regular basis.

- Riders can not be sacked from a side if they have increased their starting average, ie only riders not 'performing' can get the sack.

- Set race nights for EL/PL or League 1/2, thus limiting the need for facilities (guests/RR)

Setting averages based on the supposed "strength" is as false as any other average system.

If a rider is hitting 9 average in Ekstraliga or Elitserien doesn't mean they'll do the same in the Elite League.

In fact, more often than not most rider's averages decrease due to how technical the track are here in the UK.

Really? I disagree. Care to share any facts to support this?

• Like 1

Guest GiveusaB

Are you volunteering to be one then? :unsure:

I could do a far better job !!!

In all seriousness, more meetings but on one designated race night across the league.

Seems forever unlikely though so our league will continue to decline.

Edited by Perton Wolf
  • Like 1

I think i may have worked out why most of the rule changes at the AGM seem to favour Poole.

The Poole representative is the only one that stays sober.

The rules that have come out of the AGM over the last few years cannot have been thought up by a group of sober people.

So my what would you like from the AGM is to ban alcohol for the duration of the meeting. :lol:

So do I take it then that you're going to apply to become a referee "GiveusaB?" :shock:

Edited by Bryn
  • Like 1

Most people say that but in truth a decision has to be made on what you see and I can guarantee you that plenty will disagree with your verdict.

And yes I am a referee (although not in speedway).

• Like 1