British Speedway Forum
kingbee

What Would You Like From The Agm

I would like to see them get even tougher on getting back to the start for a restart of a race (due to a jumped start).

There should be a 30 second warning to get back to the gates

• Like 2

On the subject of referees I just want consistency across the board. Everyone then would now where we stand.

If you lock up in front of a rider who subsequently falls then exclude the rider behind (Ellis) or the rider in front(Nicholls) not both.

Like wise if you move at the start you get warned and on your third warning you're out (Cook) don't just let it drag on (Everyone else) or if you do, do it for everyone.

There are loads of other anomalies and perhaps using instances involving Aces riders it's the best as those tend to be somewhat skewed anyway.

You even get discrepancies in the same meeting where a ref will seem to pay back a team after making a dodgy decision against them.

Guest GiveusaB

Most people say that but in truth a decision has to be made on what you see and I can guarantee you that plenty will disagree with your verdict.

And yes I am a referee (although not in speedway).

I was a level 3 Football Referee and imo refereeing professional football is far harder/complex than speedway?

They get to see the replay over and over and over and yet still get it wrong????

The referee in Torun was the only person that thought Harris was to blame for Doyle's crash ?

When it was obviously Lingdren !!!

Absolutely pathetic!

So my what would you like from the AGM is to ban alcohol for the duration of the meeting. :lol:

No doubt the meeting would be over in ultra quick time... :rofl:

I once knew a plasterer who liked his drink. When he was sober, his work was rubbish. but get him merry and his work was the bo.......ks.

Amazing what a few drinks could do

Setting averages based on the supposed "strength" is as false as any other average system.

If a rider is hitting 9 average in Ekstraliga or Elitserien doesn't mean they'll do the same in the Elite League.

In fact, more often than not most rider's averages decrease due to how technical the track are here in the UK.

That is not what I said. I said that the new averages will be imported and then adjusted depending on the strength of the league, not that the rider should be given the exact same average

* 5.15.12 Förare som vid förarredovisningen den 1 december saknar officiellt svenskt heatsnitt skall inför kommande säsong tilldelas de heatsnitt föraren innehar i sin hemmaliga med hänsyn

till följande värdering av respektive ligor, med utgångspunkt från att Svenska Elitserien är värd 1,0.

1,0 Polska Extraliga

0,8 GB Elite League, Polska förstaliga.

0,7 DK Superliga, Tjeckiska Extraliga.

0,6 GB Premier League, Ryska förstaligan.

0,5 Polska andraliga, Tyska Bundesliga.

0,4 Övriga ligor.

I händelse av att föraren efter ovanstående justering får ett heatsnitt understigande 1,250 i (elitseriesnitt) tilldelas föraren 1,250 vid registrering i Elitserien och 2,000 vid registrering i

Allsvenskan. Om föraren enligt ovanstående har ett snitt överstigande 1,250 räknas snittet om enligt gällande omräkningsfaktor vid registrering i Allsvenskan.

And it is much better and more fair then BSPA giving a rider a "random average" based on what they think he should have. With a fixed conversion rate, every new foreign rider

get his average calculated the same way, by BSPA using the same metrics for every rider,

Whether or not the given average is likely to decease or increase is totally irrelevant when calculating a new average. That is for the interested team to take into account

when they want to sign a new rider. It is nothing BSPA or any other federation should interfere with. The rider comes with a take-it-or-leave-it as is average.

• Like 1

I was a level 3 Football Referee and imo refereeing professional football is far harder/complex than speedway?

They get to see the replay over and over and over and yet still get it wrong????

The referee in Torun was the only person that thought Harris was to blame for Doyle's crash ?

Absolutely pathetic!

Fraid I disagree, have read many saying that as a racing incident the right person was excluded. One I agree with.

Absolutely pathetic!

This thread is about what people would like to see coming out of this year's British Speedway Promoters Association AGM and has little to do with the current Grand Prix system other than with there having been a dozen rounds this year, it has severely hit notions of running Elite League speedway regularly on a Saturday night. I have my own views on what I personally feel is now what I'd describe as a travelling circus but that's for another time.

In your original response to the question posed in this thread's title you stated, "Better referees" and now you try and justify that by firstly comparing it to soccer which, let's face it, is now more or less a non-tackle sport infested with prima donnas who must train hard to perfect their standing jump up in the air and spectacular fall to earth with umpteen twists any time member of the opposition comes anywhere near them looking for the ball - how long would the likes of Norman 'Bites Yer Legs' Hunter lasted in many modern day game before being red carded? ;) And secondly stating that you could do a better job.

Anyway when announcing at meetings I've sat alongside the vast majority of current British speedway refs at venues in all three leagues and they don't get replays over and over and over as you seem to think, basically they get NO replays and make their decisions on what they've seen from their fixed position behind the controls.

Supporters of a particular team are bound to question decisions that go against them AND agree with decisions that go in their favour. You've stated you could do a better job than current referees - why not take steps towards proving it?

Edited by Bryn
  • Like 1

I would like them to bring back 13 heat team contests, followed by a decent 2nd half individual competition and I would like to see teams made up of British riders.

Not too much to ask really.

Make it so!

:t:

• Like 1

- BSPA to create a role for someone knowledgeable and experienced to supervise track preparation. (Some places really need it!)

- Drink/drugs tests before every single meeting (and don't allow a team mate to take it instead!)

- Youth GB sides (U23, U21, U16?) to take part in (test) matches on the continent on a semi-regular basis.

- Riders can not be sacked from a side if they have increased their starting average, ie only riders not 'performing' can get the sack.

- Set race nights for EL/PL or League 1/2, thus limiting the need for facilities (guests/RR)

That's all a bit telling Mungo .....

I would like them to bring back 13 heat team contests, followed by a decent 2nd half individual competition and I would like to see teams made up of British riders.

Not too much to ask really.

Make it so!

:t:

So you would like to see 2 meaningful heats replaced by a second half that most aren't interested in, especially the riders

Competition involved in league racing is all about Teams. A group of riders who pull together to overcome the opposition. They form a bond, a group of people all with the same aim. The fans can relate with this and connect to the Team and its intentions.

That's why I find it so difficult to accept team changes midway or towards the end of the season merely to be more competitive and go glory hunting. This practise goes against everything Team racing stands for. Of cause I understand some cases where injury has to be replaced, but our promoters takes it to a new level and abuse the intentions just to feather their own nests.

If the Rules of the League outlawed these practises, then probably we can rid our sport of these mercenaries who are only interested in the own being. Imagine how Kylmakorpi feels this morning after he was prepared to ride here for the season only to be dropped like a brick when it suited. This practise won't motivate other riders to race here when we treat them like that. I sure the BSPA can block this loophole,,,,,,,, If wanted...

• Like 2

So with the AGM in Broxbourne, Herts in early November, Matt Ford expects a 'difficult' AGM with only himself and one or two other promoters keen on a stronger Elite League!!

If speedway is to go further down the 'dumbing down' route towards a PL type level, then I hope that admission charges reflect the new standard.

www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/Sport/Speedway/

• Like 1

A good start would be the BSPA actually understanding the rules they pass instead of coming back afterwards, as some did this year saying they didn't understand the heatleader list, or getting halfway through the season and saying they got the EDR set up wrong.

So with the AGM in Broxbourne, Herts in early November, Matt Ford expects a 'difficult' AGM with only himself being allowed to make the rules or change them when it suits him.

/

Edited for accuracy !

• Like 3

For starters:

- A designated race night across the league, probably a Wednesday or Monday. Not sure what day(s) the Danish League rides?

- More EL teams.

- More meetings.

- Bringing back of a cup competition.

- Increase average limit for teams and their top 5 (I assume this is a given anyway)

So with the AGM in Broxbourne, Herts in early November, Matt Ford expects a 'difficult' AGM with only himself and one or two other promoters keen on a stronger Elite League!!

If speedway is to go further down the 'dumbing down' route towards a PL type level, then I hope that admission charges reflect the new standard.

www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/Sport/Speedway/

For me it's frightening they all want the elite league even weaker. Says it all about the state of this sport in this country.