British Speedway Forum

I think 4 average would be fair for riders like Newman or Ellis. They cant use their Elite averages as teams wouldnt give them a place.

I think my team could be on the money.

1. Chris Holder

2. Jack Holder

3. Hans Andersen

4. Troy Batchelor

5. Krzysztof Kasprzak

6. Kyle Newman

7. Paul Starke

Perfect time for Jack to be named in the 2017 Poole Pirates team imo. Jack should ride at No.2 whilst Chris rides at No.1.

What average would Jack come in on Skidder1?

Can't see that team fitting the points limit

I think 4 average would be fair for riders like Newman or Ellis. They cant use their Elite averages as teams wouldnt give them a place.

Convert the averages, with weightings for meetings ridden as a 2nd string. Simple concept and produces a fair average for all riders.
  • Like 1

Newman must have rode 90% of the meetings at reserve. It's simple enough to calculate what he averaged as second string and convert it. One thing is certain it won't be his premier average converted

Convert the averages, with weightings for meetings ridden as a 2nd string. Simple concept and produces a fair average for all riders.

spot on

What average is kennett?

Just over 7 i believe.

What ever happened to the like of Dennis Anderssen and Artur Mrozka do these chaps still ride

Newman must have rode 90% of the meetings at reserve. It's simple enough to calculate what he averaged as second string and convert it. One thing is certain it won't be his premier average converted

spot on

I bet that isn't the criteria they use!!

I'm sure Ford makes sure Kyle isn't out of pocket by keeping his Premier League average a lot lower than it should be.

I wouldn't touch Kyle if I was a Premier League team because of that.

Exactly why i havnt wanted him at Plymouth for the last 3 years. Too inconsistent and hasnt improved in PL the last 2 years. I wouldnt suggest that he is being paid to drop points but he doesnt ride with the same passion and determination for plymouth as he does for poole. Saw him at wimborne road for the wolves play off meeting and he rode out of his skin but dont see the same sort of fight at the SBA and it drives me mad that he rarely looks for his team partner in either league! Edited by Former devil
  • Like 2

You've just accused a rider of deliberately under-performing.

I hope you've got evidence and If you haven't, I hope Kyle takes you to court.

Get a life

• Like 5

There is a guy on here who works out riders true worth by the strength of the rider he beat or lost to.

Would be good to see his list and maybe grade riders from that list?

Edited by superguest

Exactly why i havnt wanted him at Plymouth for the last 3 years. Too inconsistent and hasnt improved in PL the last 2 years. I wouldnt suggest that he is being paid to drop points but he doesnt ride with the same passion and determination for plymouth as he does for poole. Saw him at wimborne road for the wolves play off meeting and he rode out of his skin but dont see the same sort of fight at the SBA and it drives me mad that he rarely looks for his team partner in either league!

I would suggest that is because he is riding for his local club at Poole. There are some riders who just perform that bit better, able to find that extra 5%, when riding for their local club.

There has certainly never been a lack of effort as far as his efforts for Plymouth are concerned; not from what I have seen at least.

It's worth remembering that Newman has never been a number 1 in the PL. I think his highest average has been around 7. It just so happens he's able to find his best form for Poole. If it was any other club in the country, most people wouldn't give a rat's ass!

• Like 3

What average would Jack come in on Skidder1?

nobody knows that yet.

Not sure why some are moaning about Kyle Newman at reserve. He has a pl average so will be a sub 4 pointer. Doubt there will be two riders with a lower average than Kyle so reserve it will be.

They have established EDR averages they can use no need to use PL averages. Newman on his Pl average would be classed as a ringer.

• Like 1

There is a guy on here who works out riders true worth by the strength of the rider he beat or lost to.

Would be good to see his list and maybe grade riders from that list?

Scb has published a list of converted averages which works to a team building limit of approx 38.5 in the EL forum.

Using that as a basis and assuming minimum 3 brits, Poole could end up with a team of something like: holder kurtz harris Newman kk morris holder.