British Speedway Forum

Great to read Adam Ellis wants to return to Poole. I would have him in the team a flash.

• Like 1

Great to read Adam Ellis wants to return to Poole. I would have him in the team a flash.

Even on his EL average as he has no PL average to convert

Even on his EL average as he has no PL average to convert

They won't want his EL average used, why not use his NL average, or won't that be advantageous enough....

• Like 1

And a good No.4

Not on his EL average I wouldn't. No value in Adam's EL average imo.

So, the only way anyone will use him in the EL league is going to have to plead for his EL average to be converted down to a PL average, then that figure converted back to an EL average, and whoopie doo, he's back at Poole as an EDR again...!!!!

Crikey, these promising edr riders that improve are going to get locked-in to reserve!!

Something is very wrong with British Speedway, very wrong..

• Like 2

I certainly hope it's not retained the season just gone proved it total farce let the young lads learn there trade in the premier and national league

It's the PL numpties that are half the problem. Unless and until the PL buy into the EDR system it's never going to work 100%. Having said that, it could still be made to work a lot better than it does now. The whole order of picking needs to be sorted.

• Like 2

PL averages reflect on the riders ability.

Draft averages mean nothing because half of the time teams have ended up with NL riders who cant stay on their bike for all 4 laps at reserve.

Also reserves could have been having up to 7 rides in a single meeting at reserve this season. Therefore the draft averages are fake.

Kyle Newman has been around the 6.50 PL average mark for a few years. Therefore Kyle should be a 3.89 average because the PL averages reflect on the riders ability and not an EL average riding against NL riders who are out of their depth/Cant turn a bike when the going gets tough.

Gavan and Co want everyone associated with Poole Speedway to have ridiculous averages (Ellis, Milik & Newman + Many More).

Funny how Gavan and Co didn't complain when the current World Champion signed for Wolverhampton on a 7.00 average.

My question for Gavan and Co.

If Kyle Newman sho​uld be a 5.00 average then what should Woffinden's average be?. 10.00 seems about fair to me seeing as Kyle Newman is riding PL Speedway whilst the latter is the current World Champion.

I agree SS.

Nobody is going to sign riders like Ellis on ridiculous averages. I Like Ellis. I rate Ellis. I would like to see Ellis back in Poole colours but not on his EL average when you can have riders like (Batchelor, Gomolski & Milik) on roughly the same average as Ellis.

But 7 is Woffinden's average attained whilst he was world champion!! How may times does that have to be said, I don't want Newman to have a a ridiculous average just a fair one, I'm not even bothered if its 3.79 as long as he's not at reserve, If were going to stick with EDR then there has to be some sort of limit to how long you can rider there otherwise what is the point as its clearly not to improve riders. Use lists as past EDR but Newman shouldn't be on it

Edited by phillipsr
  • Like 1

Not allowed to swear on this forum am I? Forum rules and all that..........!!

I see my plea has not made a whole lot of difference.

By the way, nice article in today's local about Adam Ellis wanting to come back to Poole in 2017. Seems Jon Cook is ok with it?!

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/speedway

I am I missing something here ? Since when did the EDR rider pick his team, rather than the other way round ? There are a lot of lower finishing teams that ought to be having the option of picking Adam before Poole get their pick if Lakeside don't want him.

I realise that the Echo's ace journalist Phil Space cobbled the article together to ...er.... fill space on a slow news day and I may be reading too much into it but he talks about Adam going on loan. EDR riders do exactly go out "on loan" .Does this mean Adam might be doing a Garrity rather than EDR, or is there some sort of Ford stitch up in the offing ? Or is it just a journalist saying the first thing that comes into his head to fill a bit of space?

Seems strange though that an EDR rider talks about going somewhere when we haven't had the AGM and he doesn't have a PL team place.

1 poor season doesn't reflect on Tai's ability.

However lets just say I agree with you for a second.

How come G​avan and Co think its right for Milik to come in on a 7.00 average when Vaclav has an EL average of 5.68 obtained within the last 2 seasons.

Yet the same people sa​y Tai should come in on his current EL average?

If Milik is a 7.00 r​ider in Britain then Woffinden is a 10.00.

How can I answer for them? If Milik achieved that average in the last two years then I agree he should be on whatever average he obtained (I don't remember him riding over here last year or this year though)

Milik is the same as Woffinden they have an average over here that quite rightly should be used irrelevent of their form. Madsen has been away longer than 2 years do quite rightly needs to be reassessed and he should be a 7. Tai didnt need to be reassessed he had an average from 2 years ago.

Hope you can read what i wrote Mr Gater???

Never have i said Milik should have an average over 7.

I have said that (same as Tai) he had an average over here that can be used

PL averages reflect on the riders ability.

Draft averages mean nothing because half of the time teams have ended up with NL riders who cant stay on their bike for all 4 laps at reserve.

Also reserves could have been having up to 7 rides in a single meeting at reserve this season. Therefore the draft averages are fake.

Kyle Newman has been around the 6.50 PL average mark for a few years. Therefore Kyle should be a 3.89 average because the PL averages reflect on the riders ability and not an EL average riding against NL riders who are out of their depth/Cant turn a bike when the going gets tough.

Gavan and Co want everyone associated with Poole Speedway to have ridiculous averages (Ellis, Milik & Newman + Many More).

Funny how Gavan and Co didn't complain when the current World Champion signed for Wolverhampton on a 7.00 average.

My question for Gavan and Co.

If Kyle Newman sho​uld be a 5.00 average then what should Woffinden's average be?. 10.00 seems about fair to me seeing as Kyle Newman is riding PL Speedway whilst the latter is the current World Champion.

I agree SS.

Nobody is going to sign riders like Ellis on ridiculous averages. I Like Ellis. I rate Ellis. I would like to see Ellis back in Poole colours but not on his EL average when you can have riders like (Batchelor, Gomolski & Milik) on roughly the same average as Ellis.

Again please tell me where i have said Ellis and Newman should have inflated averages please???

Milik i said should use his old average.

A few posts back i said Ellis should be an EDR

I also said Newman should have an average between 4.5 and 5. hardly over inflated

Be nice if you read my posts rather than use me as an easy target

1 poor season doesn't reflect on Tai's ability.

However lets just say I agree with you for a second.

How come G​avan and Co think its right for Milik to come in on a 7.00 average when Vaclav has an EL average of 5.68 obtained within the last 2 seasons.

Yet the same people sa​y Tai should come in on his current EL average?

If Milik is a 7.00 r​ider in Britain then Woffinden is a 10.00.

Ok one last time buddy

Please quote where i have said Milik should be a 7???? You cant!

I said he has an average over here and that should be used

And yes Tai came in on the right average as that was one he obtained 2 seasons ago.

Tai's average was low because he was poor last time over here.

If you think Tai was to low then you must also believe Milik is to low?

The fact is BOTH Milik and Woffinden have correct averages end of story.

Kyle Newman will not be 3.79

Not allowed to swear on this forum am I? Forum rules and all that..........!!

I see my plea has not made a whole lot of difference.

By the way, nice article in today's local about Adam Ellis wanting to come back to Poole in 2017. Seems Jon Cook is ok with it?!

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/speedway

They always say they want to come back, it's called keeping your options open.

• Like 2

So if we use converted averages we will have this crazy scenario. Bates averaged 4.76 for Coventry while Sarjeant averaged 3.81 in the EL. Converting PL averages Sarjeant would have a higher average than Bates for the 2017 EL season. How can that be right?

They always say they want to come back, it's called keeping your options open.

cant see him coming back with Matt saying he as already pencilled jack holder kyle next year adam would be a luxury adam keeping is option open like you say LP LP

So if we use converted averages we will have this crazy scenario. Bates averaged 4.76 for Coventry while Sarjeant averaged 3.81 in the EL. Converting PL averages Sarjeant would have a higher average than Bates for the 2017 EL season. How can that be right?

There are some riders who perform better in PL opposed to EL (Sarjeant, Nielsen), and others who perform better in EL as opposed to PL (Bates, Newman). There are always going to be quirks.

If you want to create a fair average/grading list, you'd probably have to take both leagues into account.

It's just amusing how so many people jump on Newman's back simply because he rides for Poole, but hardly anything gets said about Bates who is doing practically the same for Coventry. Double standards anyone?

• Like 5