British Speedway Forum

That's what it is now only with less teams!

Not quite. There is still quite a jump to the EL from the PL.

Not quite. There is still quite a jump to the EL from the PL.

I would say it's more like a hop these days :wink:

Matt Ford says he doesn't want a weaker EL far from it, wants it stronger by attracting top names back.

Is he just making a play for his own business or does he see it as being the saving of Speedway in the UK?

I started going before MF probably ever thought of the sport and my overwhelming desire is to see it survive and live

within its means and not put copious amounts of cash into the pockets of riders who seem to have little time for the EL.

• Like 4

Matt Ford says he doesn't want a weaker EL far from it, wants it stronger by attracting top names back.

Is he just making a play for his own business or does he see it as being the saving of Speedway in the UK?

I started going before MF probably ever thought of the sport and my overwhelming desire is to see it survive and live

within its means and not put copious amounts of cash into the pockets of riders who seem to have little time for the EL.

Poole may well be the only team to be able to afford it.If that's the case it will only benefit Poole.There would be a big gap between the richest club and the rest.Poole might get bigger crowds if they field top riders,but it wont do them no good if they haven't got an Elite league to ride in.

• Like 1

I'm sure there will be some sort of compromise. While Ford and Middlo get right up my nose, we need a succesful team like Poole as an example of how to run a speedway club, and a bunch of teams that can compete. By that your going to have to have 8 teams who think they've got a chance, which means lower average or limited to one heatleader or whatever.

The SS said they were releasing some AGM details this PM.

so poole get newman on his prem average , but fords big assets have become worthless crazy stuff

• Like 1

so poole get newman on his prem average , but fords big assets have become worthless crazy stuff

With Newman, Kurtz's and Ellis (who I presume retains his old PL average) all on attractive averages, he's not done too bad of it although I suspect it's not the AGM he was hoping for

With Newman, Kurtz's and Ellis (who I presume retains his old PL average) all on attractive averages, he's not done too bad of it although I suspect it's not the AGM he was hoping for

kurtz has a 9.22 prem average , how can ellis revert to his pl average he rode elite in 2016 and doesn't have a prem average from 2016 so has to use his 2016 average x 1.4 (he's been well and truly shafted) he was crazy not doing premier and its come back to bite him on the bum

• Like 1

kurtz has a 9.22 prem average , how can ellis revert to his pl average he rode elite in 2016 and doesn't have a prem average from 2016 so has to use his 2016 average x 1.4 (he's been well and truly shafted) he was crazy not doing premier and its come back to bite him on the bum

The X 1.4 applies for those who rode ONLY in the EL, Ellis rode NL too, ( although it looks like he's really been shafted as you say), still no reply on the EDR system and how riders averages from 2016 are being worked out

Looks like using PL averages is the way it's going. I'm

obviously happy with it and the way it helps the Brits (yes, there are a few Aussies du/edr and even fewer from other nations).

Cook coming in below 6, well I'd take it all day long.

Back the Brits. Good times.

I didn't anticipate that they would stick with PL averages and recalculate some heat leaders (1.4) up as this sees them average over 12??

It won't benifit the Aces as the powers that be won't sanction new promoters until other deals are done. We'll end up like 2007 with Steady as our number one.

Same s*^% different day.

Poole have the deepest pockets, advantage Poole already with the 50 team average

• Like 1

Poole have the deepest pockets, advantage Poole already with the 50 team average

We are still the club to be frightened of. Im sure Matt has his team worked out already, and one burnt out calculator.. ;)

Edited by Starman2006

The usual anomalies and grey areas 'between the lines' of the official statement!!

The 'increased by 1.4' presumes it is multiplied by 1.4 which as others have already pointed out will make team building to a 50 point limit very challenging!! Maybe its just adding 1-4 points to their EL average?!

On a lighter note I'm just waiting for Gavan's post about 'not using PL averages'!! :-)

ps. Any reason why there was no Poole representation in the official BSPA 'Team Photos'?? Maybe MF didn't attend?!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1