Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

. The big names will never ride over here apart from the odd 1 or 2. Those days are gone we need to get used to it

Ive been saying that for years now, to many big carrots elsewhere. Try telling that to a few on our forum who still live in the 60-70's

Ive been saying that for years now, to many big carrots elsewhere. Try telling that to a few on our forum who still live in the 60-70's

I didn't know Shovlar was that old

Where are these final averages? I can't see them on the website.

The final averages haven't been released quite yet.

As far as the 2016 EL averages are concerned there were no more qualifying meetings after the Column C 3/10/16.

They were waiting for the Lions v Stars meeting to make the list 'Final' but we all know what happened to that!!

Anyway as we're in the silly season how about this......

Andersen 10.01

Holder (J) 7.16

Gomolski 7.71

Batchelor 7.36

Watt 7.63

Newman 6.31

Perks 3.00 (or any other Brit reserve up to 3.82*)

Total 49.18

(NB. The Swindon Co-promoter Bowden on radio yesterday stated that all teams would have to have 2 Brits, but not necessarily at reserve!!?)

Edited by Skidder1

As far as the 2016 EL averages are concerned there were no more qualifying meetings after the Column C 3/10/16.

They were waiting for the Lions v Stars meeting to make the list 'Final' but we all know what happened to that!!

Hi I am new to the BSF so this is my first contribution.

Knowing Matt Ford to be a believer in investing in young talent here is a thought.

What about trying to sign Jack Parkinson-Blackburn the young rider turned 16 this year who has been burning up the tracks in the NL in his first real season in Speedway. You only have to look at his final performance at Eastbourne where he scored 19 from 7 rides.

He could maybe be secured on a 2 point average as no old PL or EL average and would go well with a more experienced reserve to help bring him along.

This would give Matt Ford a lot more wiggle room in the top/middle order on points plus shows promoting arguably the hottest young talent currently around (just my opinion). Excluding Rob Lambert who let's not forget did racing in Germany etc as he was under aged so had experience before he made his debut for KL.

Not sure if Jack is already commited or owned elsewhere but for sure I would push the boat out to signhim and also have him double up in NL or Championship to gain more experience.

Food for thought.

Hearing rumours of no Chris Holder in 2017. Too many points used up on one rider. Wish him well in his career, and hope to see him as a two time world champion.

• Like 1

Hearing rumours of no Chris Holder in 2017. Too many points used up on one rider. Wish him well in his career, and hope to see him as a two time world champion.

If it's only a rumour what's with the big farewell? :lol:

How about this team

Andersen 10.01

Holder 7.16

Watt 7.56

Batchelor 7.36

Ellis 7.84

Newman 6.31

T Perry 3.76

Total 50.00

• Like 1

How about this team

Andersen 10.01

Holder 7.16

Watt 7.56

Batchelor 7.36

Ellis 7.84

Newman 6.31

T Perry 3.76

Total 50.00

I went for Poole assets at reserve and mainly Poole assets in the 1-5!! :wink:

That way we couldn't be accused of nicking anyone else's riders to get an unfair advantage!! (Plus the fact that Adam's dad has said he can't see any way that Adam could be included in the Poole line-up)

Edited by Skidder1

That way we couldn't be accused of nicking anyone else's riders to get an unfair advantage!! (Plus the fact that Adam's dad has said he can't see any way that Adam could be included in the Poole line-up)

We wouldn't want to be accused of pinching riders would we... :nono:

Mainly Poole assets in the 1-5? - just two by my reckoning as Andersen, Batch and Ellis aren't Poole assets

Good minds think alike and you reckon Adam won't be at poole that would be ashame even if his average does seem a bit high in this format.

Makes you wonder if we will see any of the GP stars in the new SWP Premiership.