British Speedway Forum

I see the same old usual guff from the same person.

Ellis achieved a large proportion of his average from a second string role and had a much better season than Kyle Newman. That is a fact and isnt even up for debate. Is he a better rider than Newman? Yes he is and far more likely to keep on improving as well. Quite rightly his average should be higher than Newman and it is. He is lower than the like of Garrity and quite rightly so.

Kyle Howarth comes in on 7.18. Ellis outperformed Howarth so should be higher and quite rightly is.

1 point higher than Paul Starke and marginally higher than Auty.

Ellis proved quite convincingly that he was capable especially at home of banging in big scores from second string.

Nothing wrong with Ellis average it fits in with everyone elses.

Sour grapes from the same people who feel that Poole should have different rules from the rest of the league

Edited by Gavan

Ellis been told he is not needed

The contract with the main team sponsor (Readypower) has now expired and is not being renewed so Matt Ford has to find a new backer. Could be tricky to get a good deal in a watered down Premiership.

• Like 1

Pure speculation, like most of the posts on here, but how about .....

Chris Holder 12.53

Brady Kurtz 9.22

Adam Ellis 7.84

Jack Holder 7.16

Kyle Newman 6.31

Ben Morley 3.85

Ellis Perks 3.00

Total 49.91

I had considered Watty at 7.56 but not sure where his head is at present.

OK Adam then takes the third heat leader position in the initial averages, but likely other number 3's include Steve Worrell, Jason Garrity, Aaron Summers, Justin Sedgeman and maybe even Stuart Robson.

Of course it's nothing like the team that Matt will track come March/April and not sure who out of those will be doubling up, but it gets some favourites in, is young and I think entertaining.

OK go ahead and shout me down. :cry:

Once Chris' average drops to say 10 there will be another 2.5 points to play with, but have they a rule to counter that yet?

The contract with the main team sponsor (Readypower) has now expired and is not being renewed so Matt Ford has to find a new backer. Could be tricky to get a good deal in a watered down Premiership.

not at all matt ford has never failed to get decent sponsors cant see a problem with that sponsors will still get the maximum publicity no matter how strong the league is

Chris Holder 12.53

Brady Kurtz 9.22

Adam Ellis 7.84

Jack Holder 7.16

Kyle Newman 6.31

Ben Morley 3.85

Ellis Perks 3.00

Total 49.91

OK Adam then takes the third heat leader position in the initial averages, but likely other number 3's include Steve Worrell, Jason Garrity, Aaron Summers, Justin Sedgeman and maybe even Stuart Robson.

Of course it's nothing like the team that Matt will track come March/April and not sure who out of those will be doubling up, but it gets some favourites in, is young and I think entertaining.

Once Chris' average drops to say 10 there will be another 2.5 points to play with, but have they a rule to counter that yet?

Terrible team in my view, can't use Ellis or Kurtz on those averages makes the reserves too weak, ok with one 3 pointer but two isn't viable. Regarding Ellis, Matt Ford has told him their is virtually no chance of him being offered a team place which is a shame but in reality you can get a better rider on a lower average, Batchelor, Watt, Milik, Gomolski etc.

Edited by foreverblue

Chris Holder 12.53

Brady Kurtz 9.22

Adam Ellis 7.84

Jack Holder 7.16

Kyle Newman 6.31

Ben Morley 3.85

Ellis Perks 3.00

Total 49.91

Nice team i think. Improvers in there in Kurtz, Ellis and Jack Holder and Newman should maintain his average.

Glad you can see that having Chris on that average is a bonus as in this league he should be good for a heck of a lot of points.

Unfortunatly Ford has said no Ellis and i find that staggering. Why Poole want to drop a young improving Brit is beyond me.

With the limit at 50 points its been mooted that that will lower in line with riders scoring so if riders drop points they cant be replaced by higher averages

Top line rider is the way forward, just seen on Kings Lynn thread a 1-7 of:

NKI

LAMBERT

KING

KLINDT

ROSE

HUCHENBECK

BAILEY

Proof that Poole can use Holder and find strength in depth

Edited by Gavan

Klindt seems to of everyone's wish list due to his poor performance for Scunthorpe, he can only rider for one club in the Premiership and I imagine that will be Wolverhampton as he is their asset.

Ellis's assessed average is higher than Howarth & lower than Garrity. Which seems about right to me. I'm sure he'll get a ride away from Poole.

Klindt seems to of everyone's wish list due to his poor performance for Scunthorpe, he can only rider for one club in the Premiership and I imagine that will be Wolverhampton as he is their asset.

Ellis's assessed average is higher than Howarth & lower than Garrity. Which seems about right to me. I'm sure he'll get a ride away from Poole.

Spot on.

I have no idea why people think Ellis's average is wrong? Makes perfect sense

Nice team i think. Improvers in there in Kurtz, Ellis and Jack Holder and Newman should maintain his average.

Glad you can see that having Chris on that average is a bonus as in this league he should be good for a heck of a lot of points.

Unfortunatly Ford has said no Ellis and i find that staggering. Why Poole want to drop a young improving Brit is beyond me.

With the limit at 50 points its been mooted that that will lower in line with riders scoring so if riders drop points they cant be replaced by higher averages

NKI

LAMBERT

KING

KLINDT

ROSE

HUCHENBECK

BAILEY

Too weak at reserve, two 3 pointers at reserve is not an option i would choose. You could have Lasse Bjerre on a 6.65 over a point saved on Ellis and arguably a better rider. Ellis average is what it is and i don't agree it should be changed, he should have ridden in the PL last season, why he thought another year at NL was a good idea i don't know.

Edited by foreverblue

NKI

LAMBERT

KING

KLINDT

ROSE

HUCHENBECK

BAILEY

I don't see how NKI can/will race in UK as if the Poles carry out their threat of limiting riders to only 3 leagues then NKI has already committed to Denmark, Sweden and Poland.

As for Adam Ellis, I don't think his inflated average is wrong - according to his ability or potential - its just that he's been treated differently to ALL the other EDRs because he rode NL rather than PL. I really don't see why an EL/NL conversion rate couldn't be used?!

Anyway at the moment he cannot be fitted in to whatever Poole's 1-7 will be and he hasn't received a single offer from any other Premiership club. Only one offer from a Championship club too.

He's already got a team spot in Poland and is now actively looking to other European leagues for a job (He raced a few in Denmark last year)

Such a shame that he's showing much more gumption than others to seek places abroad when his own domestic authority make it so difficult for him in this country.

Anyway nuff said - others will disagree and that's their prerogative.

Edited by Skidder1

Too weak at reserve, two 3 pointers at reserve is not an option i would choose. You could have Lasse Bjerre on a 6.65 over a point saved on Ellis and arguably a better rider. Ellis average is what it is and i don't agree it should be changed, he should have ridden in the PL last season, why he thought another year at NL was a good idea i don't know.

very fair assessment

and good to hear decent Poole fans realising Ellis average is 100% right. I get that its annoying he is an improving Brit and i cant understand why Poole wont use him.

I still think if you have a big hitting number 1 like Holder it will be an advantage.

Matt Ford usually produces good team and with Holder at 1 i would expect him to build a competitive side

Holder has gone. Not in Poole team for 2017.

Matt looking for strength in depth with decent reserves, although one will probably be a 3.

Andersen to lead the team, with Jack Holder, Kyle Newman, Brady Kurtz. Plus a 3 pointer.

I do hope Ellis gets himself picked up. Rye House could be a good bet. Don't hang around Adam get on the phone to promoters straight away.

Shame for Ellis but no club will touch him on that average. He isn't really capable of scoring it each week in the main team.

I guess his downfall was settling for the easier rides of the NL rather than riding in the PL which would have helped his average for this year.

Can he still ride NL next year or is his average too high now it's been inflated?

Dont agree

He is marginally higher than Howarth which is correct, and last season especially at home he scored well.

I doubt any premier league rider is capable of scoring their carried across average. Cant see Garrity or Tungate averaging over 8 personally so its all relative