British Speedway Forum

If C Holder doesn't come back for Poole how will that effect his visa will Poland/Sweden sponsor him

Edited by sancho

If C Holder doesn't come back for Poole how will that effect his visa will Poland/Sweden sponsor him

Maybe he will end up at a different UK club?

Ellis will have offers from at least 2 clubs in the league in Belle Vue and Leicester.

I think after there troubles this year riders will be wary of agreeing deals with them

If C.Holder is not at Poole in 2017 how does that effect his visa will Poland/Sweden now be sponsoring him

I'm sure some team will want him as it will be a loss if he doesn't ride in Britain.

I believe most Premiership Teams 3rd heat leader will be about a 7 or 8 so cannot understand Poole dumping him unless they have said "see what happens this year, which is new to everyone, lower your average & we will have you back in 2018 on a bargain"

Very sad to see Holder effectively pushed out the league. I wonder if Swindon will be forced to do the same with Doyle when they sit down and try to put a team together.

I think there will be a lot of fans who give up on the sport when they see the teams being put together.

I hope Swindon stick with Jason as had enough of watching the other 6 inconsistent Robins last season no matter how many points he takes up.

• Like 2

Holder has gone. Not in Poole team for 2017.

Matt looking for strength in depth with decent reserves, although one will probably be a 3.

Andersen to lead the team, with Jack Holder, Kyle Newman, Brady Kurtz. Plus a 3 pointer.

I do hope Ellis gets himself picked up. Rye House could be a good bet. Don't hang around Adam get on the phone to promoters straight away.

Ellis never looked comfortable with the track at Rye in his PL days. I like him and hope he gets fixed up but his average is a gamble, anyone saying otherwise is kidding themselves. Can't see him or Rye House being a good fit for one another.

• Like 1

Maybe he will end up at a different UK club?

I'm afraid some people make it up as we go a long no names have named yet

Is that confirmed yet? I thought Skidder said both Holders were signed up!

this post went wrong ignore
  • Like 1

Ellis will have offers from at least 2 clubs in the league in Belle Vue and Leicester.

I think after there troubles this year riders will be wary of agreeing deals with them

Under the old promotors then yes be wary. Belle vue will be run differently next year and 1st thing they will want to do is make sure they employees are paid in full and on time

On a 7+ average which would see him riding as a heatleader?

Same could be said about Jason Doyle. But hey ho. Good idea this eh..

I hope Swindon stick with Jason as had enough of watching the other 6 inconsistent Robins last season no matter how many points he takes up.

Me too. If Doyle is not in the team I reckon we'll be down to crowds of about 500 next year.

(Sorry. Just noticed this is a Poole topic!)

Edited by grachan

Very disappointing re: Ellis, and Noddy if that also turns out to be true... What is really galling about Adam's situation is that, like others have suggested, he earned his 7.8whatever average on the track and deserved it. Compared to the likes of the Worrall twins, Jason Garrity I'd be happy to choose Adam on a comparable GSA.

I'd also add - how can Poole fans who actually attended meetings in the second half of last season advocate signing Hansii on a 10+ average?? And as for those listing Davey Watt as a potential signing as well... seriously?? Hans was visibly slow and struggling badly in crucial matches as the season drew to a close, and now he's going to be our no.1??? Madness! I'd take Adam on a 7.8 all day versus Hans on a 10+!! Davey was fired twice in quick succession for being terrible, yet he's now a bargain?? I'm going to support the team we put together regardless, but give me Holder + Ellis and whatever else we can fit over Hansii & Watt + the rest ANYDAY!

• Like 3

Very disappointing re: Ellis, and Noddy if that also turns out to be true... What is really galling about Adam's situation is that, like others have suggested, he earned his 7.8whatever average on the track and deserved it. Compared to the likes of the Worrall twins, Jason Garrity I'd be happy to choose Adam on a comparable GSA.

I'd also add - how can Poole fans who actually attended meetings in the second half of last season advocate signing Hansii on a 10+ average?? And as for those listing Davey Watt as a potential signing as well... seriously?? Hans was visibly slow and struggling badly in crucial matches as the season drew to a close, and now he's going to be our no.1??? Madness! I'd take Adam on a 7.8 all day versus Hans on a 10+!! Davey was fired twice in quick succession for being terrible, yet he's now a bargain?? I'm going to support the team we put together regardless, but give me Holder + Ellis and whatever else we can fit over Hansii & Watt + the rest ANYDAY!

Quite possibly the best post yet on the topic from a Poole fan

Totally correct in that Adam earned his average.

And totally correct that its comparable with other riders in the league, a fact missed by many.

Poole should in my opinion have built the side around Holder, Newman and Ellis

Same could be said about Jason Doyle. But hey ho. Good idea this eh..

so on the whole debate only you and Shovlar see an issue with Adam's average, nothing new that you 2 cant see the wood for the trees.

Poole have sacked a Brit, a Brit who improved leaps and bounds. And instead of him we will see the likes of Jack Holder and someone like Palm Toft.

Adams average is comparable with every other rider and thats a fact not opinion.

Poole speedway put a young improving Brit out of a team place

Adam Ellis is a better rider than Newman and Howarth and his average reflects that.

He isnt a good as Garrity or Lambert and his average reflects that, though i could see Ellis getting closer to both

Take a good look at the thread and the views of your own Poole fans. They admit Adam made a mistake not riding Premier and they admit his average is fair and spot on.

Edited by Gavan
  • Like 3

POOLE

1 Brady Kurtz 9.22

2 Vaclav Milik 7.94

3 Davey Watt 7.56

4 Jack Holder 7.16

5 Kyle Newman 6.31

6 Lewis Kerr 6.16

7 Nicolai Klindt 5.42

Total 49.77