British Speedway Forum

Just to be clear Matt Ford has said its 'unlikely' that Adam Ellis can be fitted in to Poole's 1-7 (despite him arguing that Adam's average should be calculated differently at the AGM due to him not riding PL. One EL club argued vociferously against it - I wonder who that was??).

Karma; "People who create their own drama, deserve their own karma"!!

Karma; "People who create their own drama, deserve their own karma"!!

You are just assuming it was Matt. Clearly you dont know and are guessing.. No suprise there...

You are just assuming it was Matt. Clearly you dont know and are guessing.. No suprise there...

I think you need to re-read Skidders post!! :rolleyes:

• Like 5

Matt Ford states it in the local paper that he argued for Adam Ellis's average to be reduced.

• Like 4

Matt Ford states it in the local paper that he argued for Adam Ellis's average to be reduced.

Yep its a little rediculous. And i think the whole system wasnt given much thought. What happens in future seasons. ?

Edited by Starman2006

Answer to Gavan's Q

Because Gomolski is a better rider than Ellis.

Maybe so, but that doesn't help Adam.

Yep its a little rediculous. And i think the whole system wasnt given much thought. What happens in future seasons. ?

I think this year will see the averages settle down to the 'norm,' and the inflated averages of some riders due to the EDR system will not be evident next year under the new format. I'm sure Poole will still track a strong team this year as Matt does know how to build a team...

• Like 1

If Ellis wants to ride in this country then the signing of foreign riders on similar averages should be paused until he has a place.

• Like 6

Thank God it wasn't as that would of really made a mockery of the rules, I really don't understand the issue? He has a true average that's being used that was obtained from the main body of the team in the EL, If he got a reduction it would open up the floodgates

• Like 5

Thank God it wasn't as that would of really made a mockery of the rules, I really don't understand the issue? He has a true average that's being used that was obtained from the main body of the team in the EL, If he got a reduction it would open up the floodgates

..............but only one EL club argued vociferously against it - I wonder who that was??).

..............but only one EL club argued vociferously against it - I wonder who that was??).

Why does it matter they were right to, Whoever it was deserves praise

• Like 1

Its the BSPA's fault.

No club has been in contact with Adam and that must tell you something?

I really do hope Adam gets fixed up somewhere but when you have Batchelor, K. Bjerre, Schlein & Watt on similar averages then the latter riders will be picked first imo. Schlein & Watt bring experience into the pits just like Hans Andersen. Every team needs an experienced rider or two to help the younger riders

Missing the point by a country mile.

The BSPA are not at fault for Ellis's average, why on earth do you think that?

His average is a true reflection based on his elite league performances in 2016, a season where he quite clearly (especially at home) he was comfortable as a second string.

Answer me this.

Is Ellis better than Newman and Howarth?

Is Ellis not as good as Garrity or Lambert?

If you answer yes to both those then you can have no complaints whatsoever about his average.

Granted he hasnt been fixed up anywhere but apart from Doyle then please enlighten me as to who has got a place next season?

He is more of a risk then some experianced riders if he moved tracks and that may hinder him having a new home track.

If i was a Poole fan i would prefer the young improving brit over someone like Bjerre Schlein or Watt. Apart from possibly Watt you would fancy Adam to be better at Wimborne Road then Bjerre or Schlein would you not?

Adam's average is 100% correct as advocated by the vast majority of Poole fans

Poole dont want him thats there choice they are entitled to track who they want.

I just think its a poor show to lose him and replace him with a Bjerre, Schlein or Watt

Missing the point by a country mile.

The BSPA are not at fault for Ellis's average, why on earth do you think that?

His average is a true reflection based on his elite league performances in 2016, a season where he quite clearly (especially at home) he was comfortable as a second string.

Answer me this.

Is Ellis better than Newman and Howarth?

Is Ellis not as good as Garrity or Lambert?

If you answer yes to both those then you can have no complaints whatsoever about his average.

Granted he hasnt been fixed up anywhere but apart from Doyle then please enlighten me as to who has got a place next season?

He is more of a risk then some experianced riders if he moved tracks and that may hinder him having a new home track.

If i was a Poole fan i would prefer the young improving brit over someone like Bjerre Schlein or Watt. Apart from possibly Watt you would fancy Adam to be better at Wimborne Road then Bjerre or Schlein would you not?

Adam's average is 100% correct as advocated by the vast majority of Poole fans

Poole dont want him thats there choice they are entitled to track who they want.

I just think its a poor show to lose him and replace him with a Bjerre, Schlein or Watt

Oh you know our team, care to post it then as I would like to know what it is. Thanks.

Edit - heaven forbid you were a Poole fan! One way to empty the stadium,I suppose.

Edited by lisa-colette

Obviously Swindon.

Why obviously?

They create the FTR system to "help British youngsters". They then create a system that punishes them.

I think it's quite clear they don't care about the sport, they just care about reducing costs.

• Like 2