Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Chris out because even if he scored a maximum every meeting, he still couldn't attain his average.

Jack in.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/14876988.Speedway__Ford_rules_Holder_out_of_Pirates__team_building_plans/

He has a 10.5 (ish) average in relative terms, hardly unachievable. Certainly achievable if he brings his GP form into the country.

Sounds like Ford thinks strength in depth is the route to go, and that's why Holder has been shown the door.

"Sadly, because of the new rules, it's clear to see that even if he were to score a 12-point maximum every meeting, effectively we would be giving away half a point in our team-building structure."

What a joke of a sport. When will the promoters ever learn?

Can't believe Matt Ford is that naive. Whatever 7 riders he picks most will not maintain their average. I think it's a mistake from him not having Holder at one. Edited by woz01
  • Like 1

Can't believe Matt Ford is that naive. Whatever 7 riders he picks most will not maintain their average. I think it's a mistake from him not having Holder at one.

Matt signs the riders. How often is he wrong.. Count the league titles.. :party:

I think they are taking a bigger chance with young Holder than they would have with Ellis

You haven't seen Jack holder ride then, he is going to be better than Ellis in my opinion.

I think they are taking a bigger chance with young Holder than they would have with Ellis

I like Adam and felt he deserved another shot, but do you realise what would happen if we hadn't had drafted him in next season. And Oh, how good he could be with a clear run ?

You haven't seen Jack holder ride then, he is going to be better than Ellis in my opinion.

Just a bit...

Just thought you would care about him more than most him having been a Poole rider in 2016, obviously not!

Not at all, Ford has CHOSEN NOT TO INCLUDE CHRIS in his team.

He isn't a Poole rider, he rode for Poole in one season, he is a Lakeside rider and still is their asset. Ford makes his decision on having riders who have the most chance of improving their average.

Matt signs the riders. How often is he wrong.. Count the league titles.. :party:

Last season

• Like 2

Ford is right, if you sign a 12.5 rider you are 100% guaranteed his average will drop. Yet if you sign riders on 2-10 there is at least some chance they will maintain or even increase averages. Why start KNOWING you going to lose points? At first I thought it made sense to get two big names and see their average drop but it seems the point limit will change once a team gets new averages so that doesn't make sense.

Can't believe Matt Ford is that naive. Whatever 7 riders he picks most will not maintain their average. I think it's a mistake from him not having Holder at one.

I don't think he is naive at all... his record speaks for itself. I think he's realised that he can only accommodate riders who have the potential to massively improve their score. Other riders are shown the door.

No guarantee Chris starting well, it took over half the season to get going last year, if that happened again then we would lose a lot of meetings. I'm sure Matt had a team down that included Chris, he obviously didn't think it was worth it.
  • Like 1

Yes but he's always had his own way at the agm this time they stiched him up Edited by kingbee

Ford is right, if you sign a 12.5 rider you are 100% guaranteed his average will drop. Yet if you sign riders on 2-10 there is at least some chance they will maintain or even increase averages. Why start KNOWING you going to lose points? At first I thought it made sense to get two big names and see their average drop but it seems the point limit will change once a team gets new averages so that doesn't make sense.

Worst AGM yet. Cannot believe what they've done to top flight speedway. I understand that some clubs are struggling to pay the bills but that just highlights the fact that the product needs to be improved, not diluted!

I understand that some fans do not care about the calibre of the rider and are simply happy to pay for any form of speedway, but I know that many (including the thousands that have already abandoned the sport) want to see the very best riders in the world, not a league where a team cannot include one decent rider without impeding themselves before the season has even started.

• Like 2

im confused by people saying Holder couldnt maintain his average!

Its the same across the board! ALL elite league riders have had an average increase and premier league averages come across

Could King and Cook as 2 examples maintain their averages?? 90% of riders will lose up to 2 points minimum on their averages so surely its relative.

Poole have got Newman on a very good average and to be fair Jack Holders is good to.

Missed a trick not signing Chris to help his brother.

Holder snr

Holder jnr

Ellis

Newman

Kurtz

Leaves roughly 8.5 for 2 other riders or take Kurtz out have a 9 pointer and then a 4 and 3 pointer.

Holder, 9 pointer, Ellis or Jack would be a strong enough heat leader trio. They would get near enough 30 points a meeting minimum.

Yes but he's always had his own way at the agm

Does he, not sure he does..