British Speedway Forum

I agree with Joe and also throws up interesting scenario if Todd Kurtz was to score well from reserve in early part of season possibly meaning that either Newman/J.Holder/Brady Kurtz could drop into the reserve berth to maybe p/up even more rides/points although no doubt would be see-saw for that 6 slot during the season.

Suits me whichever one of the four is in the 6 slot ;-)

But - Something niggling inside tells me E.Kennett may be in there somewhere with Matt going for all round strength in depth and not an out and out number one like KK.

Would like both but that's being greedy.....

But its all about opinion - opinion and more opinion ;-)

Has the niggling gone away yet?? :party:

BTW we're only 2 weeks on from the AGM and people want full teams to be announced already - with not a lot else to announce over the winter months - except perhaps the occasional sponsorship deal!! :wink:

Patience people - patience.

• Like 2

BTW we're only 2 weeks on from the AGM and people want full teams to be announced already - with not a lot else to announce over the winter months - except perhaps the occasional sponsorship deal!! :wink:

Yep that irritating itch has now gone. One less to ponder now EK at RH.

Think I will indeed exercise patience from now and keep silent. Will just laugh and smile at the entertainment this forum supplies ;-)

At least the list of who it might be is slowly shrinking ;-)

But it's what we do isn't it Skidder.

One way we get through the winter.

We are not all 'in the know' like certain people. :D

You know me. As soon as we get the teams sorted out I shall be clamouring for the fixture list. ;)

Anyway to continue the theme.

Now the Eddie rumour is out the way it must surely be special K next? :party:

Edited by Pirate Baz

Really hope it isn't KK.

Why ?

Matt said "I feel that while Hans's average is at the upper limit of where I would like to go..."

Does that rule out KK?!

Matt said "I feel that while Hans's average is at the upper limit of where I would like to go..."

Does that rule out KK?!

We either get KK and Ellis perks or we have Kacper G and people like that in the team.

Poole would be mad in my opinion not to go for Kasprzak.

If they dont Hans at 1 could be a weak link without 2 similar back ups.

Look at Rye House, 3 heat leaders in Kennett, Nicholls and Harris who you would expect to get similar averages to Hans, they were half a point behind him last year though they rode as heat leaders all season and Kennett was actually higher. Add in Watt and Robson as 2 very solid back ups as well.

• Like 1

Poole would be mad in my opinion not to go for Kasprzak.

If they dont Hans at 1 could be a weak link without 2 similar back ups.

Look at Rye House, 3 heat leaders in Kennett, Nicholls and Harris who you would expect to get similar averages to Hans, they were half a point behind him last year though they rode as heat leaders all season and Kennett was actually higher. Add in Watt and Robson as 2 very solid back ups as well.

I agree with Gavan, we need a number 1 of KK quality. Much depends though this year on Brady and Jack and if they reach the potential they should ride at. Brady had 1 season now and should kick on. Holder I actually think is the better rider of the two and knows Wimborne road very well and will need the form if he is to ride with Chris in Torun.

KK and Hans would one of the top 1 and 5 in the league with

Holder and Lambert for kings lynn= Just a guess that could happen

Doyle and Morris??? at swindon=

You would almost expect these pairs to score 25 points a meeting between them.

• Like 1

I agree with Gavan, we need a number 1 of KK quality. Much depends though this year on Brady and Jack and if they reach the potential they should ride at. Brady had 1 season now and should kick on. Holder I actually think is the better rider of the two and knows Wimborne road very well and will need the form if he is to ride with Chris in Torun.

KK and Hans would one of the top 1 and 5 in the league with

Holder and Lambert for kings lynn= Just a guess that could happen

Doyle and Morris??? at swindon=

You would almost expect these pairs to score 25 points a meeting between them.

I agree.

KK, Hans, J. Holder, Kurtz, Newman would be a very strong top 5 and nigh on unbeatable at home.

• Like 1

Twenty meetings count for the rolling average; Andersen was a heatleader for all bar one of them. Harris rode as a HL all season, but Kennett (4/20 at HL) and Nicholls (8/20 at HL) both spent longer at second string. The statistics are easy to find on the speedway-stats website, cheers SCB.

I think Hans is on a more more achievable average than Kennett and Nicholls, but possibly not Harris. I've got a feeling Andersen isn't going to be number one, but I also think it might not be KK.

• Like 1

Exactly. Have never understood the clamour for news of signings pre Xmas for a season which doesn't begin until mid March. People must be very very bored and have dull lives!

People must be very very bored and have dull lives!

Says the man with nearly 12000 posts on a forum :lol:

Only messing GB, I agree with you and Skid.

• Like 1

I agree.

KK, Hans, J. Holder, Kurtz, Newman would be a very strong top 5 and nigh on unbeatable at home.

Be a bit weak at reserve though.

Exactly. Have never understood the clamour for news of signings pre Xmas for a season which doesn't begin until mid March. People must be very very bored and have dull lives!

The idea of a forum is to try and cultivate newer members like myself (not even 2 weeks in) to join in the discussion and bring comment/opinion etc. Without such it would be left to the usual suspects who seem to enjoy internal chit chat amongst what they feel is a select few with negative and unwanted comments.

People are of course free to comment/agree/disagree or whatever they want to do within reason.

Believe me JB, I for one live neither a boring or dull life that I have needed to spend my life on this forum posting not far off 12,000 comments. I for one enjoy a successful life to the degree I retired early this year and enjoy life, but have always been an enthusiastic speedway follower despite its continued downturn in public popularity with the younger of us.

People like you and maybe one or two others need to keep encouraging people like me to come on to this kind of forum in order to keep debates/opinion/comments going. Why shouldn't we get excited in anticipation of which rider might be next announced. That's what keeps these forum worthwhile visiting.

For every sensible post there is always someone on these forums who just can't help themselves with some half ar**ed comment such as people being bored and having dull lives.

Can you imagine if these people had to live with a professional system such as that employed by the Poles and Swedes who have moved light years ahead of the UK in how they plan/run and organise their speedway. Heaven forbid that the UK tries to organise its transfer system similar to these guys. Yes it would all be over in say 2/4 weeks but is that really so bad ??. At least its sorted, done and dusted. The leading speedway nations obviously make it work and make it work successfully.

Anyway advanced apologies for tainting this forum with the comments, but this is not the way to attract new contributors to get involved in debate. Trying to guess/anticipate/rumour/get excited about riders you would like to see in your team is part and parcel of forum involvement is it not ??

• Like 8