British Speedway Forum

:D That may well be! But for as long as it's a forum, and not just somewhere to massage each others egos, then every post by every member should be given as much respect as any other.

This forum - along with most other forums - has a set of rules which includes things like not posting personal insults, using bad language and not 'trolling' etc.

I have had one enforced 'holiday' from this forum a few years ago now - I can't remember what for now? - but am perfectly able to debate and discuss most topics on here without insulting the poster - unless of course I get really p!$$ed off and deliberately generate a holiday if I'm going to be out of the country for a while!! :D:D

Anyway holidays are great to get away from it all and I wish anyone about to embark on one a really wonderful break! :t::cheers::D:P

(ps. Back to the thread - Always good to have a Plan B when attempting to finalise your 1-7!!) :wink:

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 2

Banning a member of a forum is an absolute disgrace. It doesn't matter how annoying they are, how arrogant they are, how immature they are or how outspoken they are. The whole concept of a forum is an open platform for everybody to share their views, regardless of whether they are liked or agreed with. A forum that stifles free speech is not a forum of any integrity.

The only exception should be spam and abuse towards other members.

But breaking rules and deliberate trolling is perfectly okay?

Not surprised to see whose camp you lie in.

You only get a ban if you flaunt the rules, no one gets anyone a ban. There actions gets them a ban.

I have no time for trolls and multi avatars and people who think it's okay to break rules.

Free speech is one thing. Deliberate outing is NOT free speech.

Post #378

Proves nothing.

Just a suggestion someone might be on a holiday. MIGHT.

• Like 1

Compared to how many posts you make on the Poole thread.

A little embarrassing wouldn't you say or you just like being an action junkie and Poole threads always seem to have the kind of action you crave.

Nothing going on at my club at the moment lately, we have heard Newman may be signing for us so naturally i commented.

Why should it matter where people post? Its a forum. And for someone that says they dont support Poole you spend an awful lot of time on Poole threads as well

Clearly you have no respect for free speech. You cannot go around telling people what they can and can't say, you cannot see through a username, you do not know who is sitting behind their computer, and your views do not matter one little bit more than anybody elses.

There is a big difference between 'freedom of speech' and constant forum bullying, threatening other members with violence and annoying the whole of the forum with a childish abusive attitude towards all.

That is not the same as what I refer to as Martin Luther Kings 'freedom of speech' stands for.

You shouldn't shout and bully someone because they don't share your viewpoint.

In my opinion. Simple banning.

• Like 2

This forum - along with most other forums - has a set of rules which includes things like not posting personal insults, using bad language and not 'trolling' etc.

I have had one enforced 'holiday' from this forum a few years ago now - I can't remember what for now? - but am perfectly able to debate and discuss most topics on here without insulting the poster - unless of course I get really p!$$ed off and deliberately generate a holiday if I'm going to be out of the country for a while!! :D:D

Anyway holidays are great to get away from it all and I wish anyone about to embark on one a really wonderful break! :t::cheers::D:P

(ps. Back to the thread - Always good to have a Plan B when attempting to finalise your 1-7!!) :wink:

Obviously that really wonderful break could be enjoyed in Dorset!!

• Like 1

Nothing going on at my club at the moment lately, we have heard Newman may be signing for us so naturally i commented.

Why should it matter where people post? Its a forum. And for someone that says they dont support Poole you spend an awful lot of time on Poole threads as well

Obviously a Poole supporter I guess after wanting Wolves to beat them in the semi which I am glad they did and also disgusted with the Andersen shenanigans that occured outside the rules.

I like speedway and post on numerous threads and Premiership teams but have a soft spot for the underdog admittedly and will probably be keeping an eye out for Rye this year as they are full of British riders and lowest placed finishes out of all the 9 teams last season.

Now please stop being so intelligent before the lava melts and get back to harrassing Poole fans and riders which is basically all you do on this forum except for the odd abuse to fellow posters in which you already had a vacation and I am sure.

Have you actually considered just joining the actual Poole website forum and just doing it there. Would be easier wouldn't it for you to get your kicks.

I am only being honest.

Obviously a Poole supporter I guess after wanting Wolves to beat them in the semi which I am glad they did and also disgusted with the Andersen shenanigans that occured outside the rules.

I like speedway and post on numerous threads and Premiership teams but have a soft spot for the underdog admittedly and will probably be keeping an eye out for Rye this year as they are full of British riders and lowest placed finishes out of all the 9 teams last season.

Now please stop being so intelligent before the lava melts and get back to harrassing Poole fans and riders which is basically all you do on this forum except for the odd abuse to fellow posters in which you already had a vacation and I am sure.

Have you actually considered just joining the actual Poole website forum and just doing it there. Would be easier wouldn't it for you to get your kicks.

I am only being honest.

Hey please don't go suggesting things like that JB - MF would close it down!!! :wink:

Because he’s an initiating arse who I have little interested in engaging with, the type who trolls the forum and then expects logical, rational debate, regardless of "fact", speedway chat, fair or pleasantries with him...nah a prick who deserves to be mocked and ridiculed, since you asked.

Hahaha what a joker, nothing wrong with Skidder 1 and who the hell are you never heard of you.

• Like 2

For somebody who alledgedly doesn't support poole, so do you. I see you put your first post in months on the Ippo thread today, hmm. Nothing happening on here either apart from you and Brum spouting junk, so surely you can go on the Ippo thread and do the same.... Thank you..

Edited by Starman2006

Nothing happening on here either apart from you and Brum spouting junk,

It's a waste of time asking but care to quote what junk I have been spouting on this thread then?

It's a pointless request. Which kind of sums up your posting history.

No doubt you will come back with more vacuous responses.

Thank god there are some sensible Poole fans that make sense. :t:

• Like 5

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/speedway/38063758

Great link here. James Shanes talking to BBC sport. Seems like he will give everything to Poole Speedway which is great. Seems we have found a young British rider who wants to ride for Poole for life. I would admit at Poole we are not very good at getting British riders to a good standard. Kyle and Adam excluded. But we may have finally found one.

Hope James Shanes gets an injury free run & that the Pirates stick with him for the full season, despite any minor knocks or dips in form that he (or any other young rider) may well encounter stepping up a level.

For anyone who hasn't seen him race, he has a cracking racing style & was one of the two most exciting young away prospects I saw in NL action at Belle Vue earlier this year (Jack Smith being the other).

He won't be scared of that dirt line inches from the fence at Wimborne Road either, shall watch his progress with interest.

Hope James Shanes gets an injury free run & that the Pirates stick with him for the full season

Won't happen sadly.

So our number 1 rider for 2017 is announced. KK will do a very solid job in this league structure and certainly match all the other top boys. With Hans to back him up we have a strong top 2.

Edited by Pirates Of Poole