British Speedway Forum

Because his average best fits the points that Poole will have remaining after the next 2 announcements!!

But Matt Ford has the shortest arms!!

You do know your going to get (another) load of stick from Matt Fords rent boy for that comment? :lol: And you'll be told if you have a problem, Matt Ford's door is always open!!! :t:

• Like 3

Because his average best fits the points that Poole will have remaining after the next 2 announcements!!

when are the next two announcements going to happen?

Because he is the best value rider in the league and Poole have the deepest pockets?

IF Klindt does sign I would not be surprised if Matt Ford had an agreement in principal with the guy even before the promoters meeting took place.

How ??

I am sure that the new proposals to revolutionise British Speedway wld have been put fwd to Promoters well before the AGM as would the discussions re teams moving up. There is no way these guys would have turned up cold and unprepared for the discussions ahead.

I am sure that Matt would also have been aware that most of the have not's (not so financially secure clubs) would have been pushing for the new rules to reduce costs meaning on a vote he was always going to be outvoted. So we can assume Matt would have known well in advance that the new 50 point rule with EL rides av x 1.4 and Prem averages would be used for team building.

Armed with this we as Joe Public were aware from the moment it was all announced that N.Klindt with 5.42 PL av and a new 8.90 EL (now Prem) av stood out like a beacon in team building terms. A whole 3.48 point swing and a potential killer signing be it at reserve or otherwise.

Would not surprise me if the astute and quick thinking Matt already had an agreement in principal to bring him to Poole on the understanding that it was subject to the new rules being voted on at the AGM.

That's my initial thought but then I thought - what about his Danish Club commitments as he has signed a deal as also captain for his team. Also race Wed night.

Not so stupid as Matt can easily agree to let him do plenty of Danish matches. Why ?? Danish season in 2016 only started 4th May some 5/6 weeks after UK starts. Esbjerg only started on 11th May.

Bearing in mind Matt plans to start him at reserve on his crazy low 5.42 Prem av he will quickly build up his av and will no doubt be out of the reserve berth by May. Not all bad news as the chances are that Messrs Newman/J.Holder or B.Kurtz will jump in to replace him. I am sure any club in Prem would give their right arm to have any one of the 4 as a reserve in the new format.

This now means that Mr Klindt will have an average (probably) nearer a heat leader than reserve (when the new GSA are done after the new riders av come out in APR).

I assume on this basis Matt Ford will then be able to employ a guest with a much higher av based on Klindt's new much higher av or at worse maybe have the opportunity at worse to have RR come in based on having a bigger number of riders available to fill the hole.

Would not surprise me one little bit if our brilliant promoter has pulled a rabbit out of the hat and done the deal long before others even digested what the new rules meant. For sure nearly every Prem clubs forum mentioned Klindt as the man to have as soon as the news on the new points system was announced. If we as fans saw the hole then I am sure that Matt, who was streets ahead of us fans in having advanced info on it, would have already been doing his sums and maybe already agreed the deal.

Of course all of this only my opinion and IF Klindt signs. If he does then I hope Matt did do the deal early and ahead of what many other promoters would like to have done. This is what sets him out as ahead of the rest in my opinion. Again all subject to IF Klindt signs ;-)

• Like 1

Because he is the best value rider in the league and Poole have the deepest pockets?

But he is not a Poole asset nor would riding Wedensdays be any good to ride for a club if you are riding in the Danish League.

I still think it will be Todd Kurtz for brotherly and Aussie team spirit.

But he is not a Poole asset nor would riding Wedensdays be any good to ride for a club if you are riding in the Danish League.

I still think it will be Todd Kurtz for brotherly and Aussie team spirit.

Hans managed perfectly well this year.

Klindt had a poll on his twitter a while ago saying 'where will I ride in the uk in 2017?:' His options (In order) were Swindon Robins, Leicester Lions, Wolverhampton Wolves and Other... That was suggestive to me that he thought they were his three most likely destinations for next season.

Klindt had a poll on his twitter a while ago saying 'where will I ride in the uk in 2017?:' His options (In order) were Swindon Robins, Leicester Lions, Wolverhampton Wolves and Other... That was suggestive to me that he thought they were his three most likely destinations for next season.

He also said this is #sillyseason.

Another point with Matt talking about KK maybe being top of averages due to Doyle injury. He did not bring up Holder which might suggest that he is not riding in UK.

He also said this is #sillyseason.

Another point with Matt talking about KK maybe being top of averages due to Doyle injury. He did not bring up Holder which might suggest that he is not riding in UK.

Have you managed to secure a team spot for your hoe* Cyfer yet.

Maybe you should try posting his availability on the NL team building thread. :)

*since I can't type wh0r3

Edited by Col

Have you managed to secure a team spot for your hoe* Cyfer yet.

Maybe you should try posting his availability on the NL team building thread. :)

*since I can't type wh0r3

I guess judging by your Hammer time you are a lakeside fan perhaps you would like him considering that is where your team belongs. With the worst track ever made.

• Like 1

Oh yes defiantly Gater1

Trust me i'm not Gater1. I've been speaking to Gater1 though because he got banned. I just love how you guys love coming to Poole forum then get upset with us. Yes. i admit that some things people do on other forums are not great.

Anyway back to Speedway.

Will J.Holder, Kurtz and Newman end up at Championship clubs. With Peterborough and Ipswich looking most likely place to end up for the riders???