British Speedway Forum

Oh I feel for him, nice lad and has Poole in his heart but fully understand why, really we should have kept Kerr until Newman was fit enough to do himself justice.

That would be my choice, bit of a no brainer the form Newman is in, Newman could be brought in once he recovers his form.

Kyle is fit, just not race fit. Crap fixture list.

Thought gavan would've jumped on this by now.

• Like 3

Unless Kyle has asked to be dropped for a while, cannot understand the lad being dropped and replaced by Paul Starke - another good lad but hardly more proficient than Kyle Newman surely !?

Ok if Newman was dropped and Milik came in or somebody of that calibre but .... ?

Kyle is fit, just not race fit. Crap fixture list.

Thought gavan would've jumped on this by now.

Give him time! ;) Maybe someone is sitting on his hands? Quite surprised by this thought they would stick with him tbh.

Why? It is based on teams doing 4/4 not riders.

And maybe the riders who haven't completed their 4/4 by the time the team does, will have an imposed average based on their number of rides as per the rule! Will the BSPA have the bottle to do this?

Edited by DunRobin
  • Like 1

Think everyone knew this was coming. Poole have been carrying Newman since he came back and Matt Ford is ruthless when it comes to making changes. He wants to win the league and we all know that sentiment doesnt win you trophies.

Shame as he is a Brit and the more races he has the better for my own club as well.

But as i say Poole havent won league titles by being soft and riders get moved on if they arent performing

Edited by Gavan
  • Like 1

Unless Kyle has asked to be dropped for a while, cannot understand the lad being dropped and replaced by Paul Starke - another good lad but hardly more proficient than Kyle Newman surely !?

Ok if Newman was dropped and Milik came in or somebody of that calibre but .... ?

Every team has to retain 2xNL eligible riders!! Plus there is no way Milik's average would fit if replacing Kyle!!

Newman looked great last season.

your point is what??

He has had a bad injury and lack of track time means he is scoring low and probably lacking in confidence.

Matt Ford doesnt have the patience to see if he can turn it around, which has always been the case and is part of the reason Poole have been successful.

But with Klindt out looking long term and Holder now injured things are getting tricky

Edited by Gavan
  • Like 1

And it maybe that riders who haven't completed their 4/4 by the time the team does, will have an imposed average based on their number of rides as per the rule! Will the BSPA have the bottle to do this?

The rule is only if a team redeclares ie makes more than one change at once. 'Like for like' changes are acceptable at any time within the team points total except after 31st July!!

However it will be interesting to see whether Starke comes in on his 5.62 average or his 4H/4A average of 4.12??

Edited by Skidder1

Think it's nailed on to be Paul Starke but not really sure if he'll add anything to this Poole team.

This issue for Poole is the lack of true heatleader power and Klindt who should be cleaning up as a reserve but isn't.

James Shanes with all the hope has failed to deliver too.

Poole need KK back and on form or they'll have no chance of a title in 2017

• Like 1

I agree with Gavan Kyle has been brilliant for us but the word is has , i shout and cheer for Kyle every week at Wimborne and have the shirt to go with it but Matt did say in his programme notes the team wasnt good enough unfortunately Matt will do what he thinks it takes to win but really hope Kyle can get his form back somehow

Think it's nailed on to be Paul Starke but not really sure if he'll add anything to this Poole team.

This issue for Poole is the lack of true heatleader power and Klindt who should be cleaning up as a reserve but isn't.

James Shanes with all the hope has failed to deliver too.

Poole need KK back and on form or they'll have no chance of a title in 2017

I disagree about Klindt ... i think he has scored what people expected.

Shanes was never likely to do much and probably over achieved at the start and now when he is scoring 2 or 3 people moan.

Pooles issue is clear............they have no number one plain and simple and a misfiring rider in Newman

At the start of the season Jack Holder wasnt doing much but he appears to be up and running.

Andersen and Kurtz are going as expected but they cant carry the team.

The loss of Klindt especially at home will be huge.

Edited by Gavan
  • Like 1

Starke for Newman has been announced! Klindt 'should be cleaning up at reserve but isn't'??!! Really?! Anyway he's injured and the earliest he'll be back is 2-3 weeks and even then is unlikely to be fully fit.

Shanes has increased his 2.00 average - just - so deserves to be kept as one of the NL eligible riders.

• Like 1

I think without a doubt that the no1 position is def on matts mind it has been the main problem this year and Kyle is the first of a couple of changes

Well social media has gone into meltdown, be interesting what the crowd level is next home meeting.