British Speedway Forum

I agree with Gavan Kyle has been brilliant for us but the word is has , i shout and cheer for Kyle every week at Wimborne and have the shirt to go with it but Matt did say in his programme notes the team wasnt good enough unfortunately Matt will do what he thinks it takes to win but really hope Kyle can get his form back somehow

Why 'unfortunately'??

Well social media has gone into meltdown, be interesting what the crowd level is next home meeting.

Well it is Leicester so the crowd is likely to be a bit down anyway!! :D:wink::wink:

Starke for Newman has been announced! Klindt 'should be cleaning up at reserve but isn't'??!! Really?! Anyway he's injured and the earliest he'll be back is 2-3 weeks and even then is unlikely to be fully fit.

Shanes has increased his 2.00 average - just - so deserves to be kept as one of the NL eligible riders.

If you think a 6.7 average is cleaning up at reserve?

Only adding just over a point to his starting average.

I'd say that's a fail so far and Klindt should be scoring far better.

• Like 1

Klindt's done 7.47 for his 3 home meetings - more than adequate, and Poole have taken at least a point from every away SGBP meeting with Nicolai on 6.27 - better than any other reserve I believe and better than several 2nd strings!!

Edited by Skidder1

Kyle was bought back in to soon imo should have kept Kerr on another month or longer depending on Kyle form for ipswich,all this stems from kk not pulling his weight,If Matt is prepared to axe Kyle for this it surprises me kk hasn't got the axe...

• Like 1

If you think a 6.7 average is cleaning up at reserve?

Only adding just over a point to his starting average.

I'd say that's a fail so far and Klindt should be scoring far better.

Reserve only gets one easy heat now. Given most riders have dropped vs their starting average, adding a point makes Klindt one of the top performers vs starting average. Tbh I think Klindt is scoring as expected, I'd have assumed about 7 from reserve, which after 4h is about what he should be.

Kyle was bought back in to soon imo should have kept Kerr on another month or longer depending on Kyle form for ipswich,all this stems from kk not pulling his weight,If Matt is prepared to axe Kyle for this it surprises me kk hasn't got the axe...

I think this change is part of doing another change. Also if Kyle declares himself fit to return, you can't keep Kerr on for another month!

This is where Speedway does itself no favours whatsoever.

Newman has been loyal to Poole for as long as I can remember, won them countless matches, and from my visits to Poole seems as popular as any home rider. Adding to the fact that he has had a couple of dreadful years injury wise, I think at the very least he deserved time to prove himself.

It's not as if he is being replaced by someone far superior either. Starke is a solid rider, but he's probably no better or worse than Newman the vast majority of time.

Next thing promoters will be whinging about a lack of loyalty from riders. I wonder why!

• Like 3

I think this change is part of doing another change. Also if Kyle declares himself fit to return, you can't keep Kerr on for another month!

Yeah I got the feeling there would be at least 1 more change, and I didn't realise that was the case regarding Kyle.

Yeah I got the feeling there would be at least 1 more change

Where?

Starke increases you teams total average.

The only choice I can see is replacing Zengota but with who?

Yeah I got the feeling there would be at least 1 more change, and I didn't realise that was the case regarding Kyle.

The only way round it would be to have signed Kerr for the rest of the season, see what Kyle does for Ippo then sack Kerr and bring Kyle back in if needed.

Cant see starke being any better than kyle top end of team more important

• Like 2

Wow surprised Newman has been dropped. He's been at a stand still for a while now though esp in the PL and was always going to struggle once he left reserve although injures haven't helped. I think maybe time away from Poole might help him like it did Doyle.

Starke is a good replacement.

Kyle is fit, just not race fit. Crap fixture list.

Thought gavan would've jumped on this by now.

Mate, ive always been a big fan of Matt and what does and has done at poole, but i think this is a bit unfair, Kyle needs time and race time, and because of the fixtures he ain't getting it. He would have dropped to reserve and mopped up and helped his confidence. Bad decision.

• Like 3

Mate, ive always been a big fan of Matt and what does and has done at poole, but i think this is a bit unfair, Kyle needs time and race time, and because of the fixtures he ain't getting it. He would have dropped to reserve and mopped up and helped his confidence. Bad decision.

Under perform and your out at Poole. Unless you are a blonde Pole of course.

• Like 1