Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Matt Ford is a shrewd enough business man to see the writing on the wall for British speedway. No one in their right mind is going to pump money in to a dying sport.

Sad but true.

• Like 1

Matt Ford is a shrewd enough business man to see the writing on the wall for British speedway. No one in their right mind is going to pump money in to a dying sport.

Sad but true.

And interestingly, he has recently been hinting that he may be moving away from the sport in the next couple of years ;)

• Like 2

are you disagreeing with your lord and master Shovlar???? He says your dangerous track is fine as it's home advantage!!! Take it you feel differently??

Yep definately ;)

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

Yep definately ;)

Just in time for stadia to build houses ?

Just in time for stadia to build houses ?

Time will tell.

I always wonder that Buster could sell his land for £millions I guess.Whats is he now 50 ish.How much does he want it

Edited by Bald Bloke

Even the most avid Poole supporters, have to face reality, the track is rough, and needs urgent work to correct.

• Like 2

Even the most avid Poole supporters, have to face reality, the track is rough, and needs urgent work to correct.

Seems like they want to take the money with minimum outlay.

And interestingly, he has recently been hinting that he may be moving away from the sport in the next couple of years ;)

Never understood why speedway hasn't moved away from the 'promoter' aspect and not had a business style of directors.

It would probably remove the self interest syndrome that has blighted the sport for too many years.

I know that the majority of teams do not own their own stadia but it can't be good for the sport having the outdated funfair style of management.

Edited by GWC

But also in the last year there has been rumours of Matt Ford taking over elsewhere, not sure I believe it though.

Edited by woz01

Fair play to Starman he's in an awkward position what with volunteering at the Stadium but has the balls to say it like it is re the track and seeming not as assured or taking the future of the stadium for granted unlike one or two that the above post describes

But also in the last year there has been rumours of Matt Ford taking over elsewhere, not sure I believe it though.

That's the Oxford one?

So if we need to replace Klindt do we still use the 1.4 multiplier for average conversion?

no just think of a number, ask politely and see what you can get away with...
  • Like 2