Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

He doesn't pull any punches but blames everyone else but himself & Mr Motivator Middlo. Ford picked the team, he picked the rider replacements halfway through the season, Middlo's job is to fire up his riders but none of this dip in form is their fault.

Ford says KK is disruptive but he is blind if he hasn't seen it happen at other clubs.. KK is not consistent but Ford still signed him. Maybe he scored heavily last week as two fingers up at the Poole management.

Regardless of tonights result his comments as a motivational piece will probably do the complete opposite longer term. He accuses the team of not trying, maybe true but maybe thats the managements fault to a degree ? The morale in the dressing room tonight must be marvelous.

Anderson is a good honest rider over many seasons, maybe he's on the decline or just having a dip in form, but you can see he tries his best. I'd be really pi$$ed off in his shoes. Starke is a racer who tries hard. What did they both expect from a kid like Shanes.

Edited by marky
  • Like 1

True I can't believe Matt and Middlo have took none of the blame! Basically just blamed the riders rather than look at the bigger picture. Ford has already said 4 or 5 of them won't be there so why would they bother!! Get some average reductions going for when they leave Poole. Hopefully none of the Poole boys have read the article!

True I can't believe Matt and Middlo have took none of the blame! Basically just blamed the riders rather than look at the bigger picture. Ford has already said 4 or 5 of them won't be there so why would they bother!! Get some average reductions going for when they leave Poole. Hopefully none of the Poole boys have read the article!

They will bother or not get paid. It makes me think they must have been trying but it wasn't working for them.

He's prob said to them anyway!

not convinced its the cleverest team talk,should be trying to motivate the team to make the play-offs if only for a 40k take on the gate even if we got trounced in the semi,middlo walking around like a lost sheep and a poor crowd for august

It could be a good bit of reverse psychology talking about the team not being strong enough for the play-offs this year but also talking about contracts for next season?!

• Like 1

Struggle to understand why Matt is so surprised at KK's performance last week. It is hardly surprising that he was able to go unbeaten on a track he knows as well as any, when the Poole riders are 'not doing what they were brought in to do'. Always going to happen really!

Edited by TesarRacing
  • Like 1

not convinced its the cleverest team talk,should be trying to motivate the team to make the play-offs if only for a 40k take on the gate even if we got trounced in the semi,middlo walking around like a lost sheep and a poor crowd for august

I think it depends on the individual Keith. Some riders could be really fired up by comments like that from the 'boss' whilst others might think why should I bother! I do think it is very odd that Middlo is so quiet on the teams under performing though.

• Like 2

They will bother or not get paid. It makes me think they must have been trying but it wasn't working for them.

5 of the 7 riders are on guaranteed contracts. So only two of the current 1-7 need to "try" to actually earn money when in Pirates colours...

And you expected Matt Ford to blame himself!! KK has clearly been a disaster, a rider I have liked in the past but obviously a serious fall out has happened and is now scoring like a heat leader although in a much easier position. Good luck to him at Rye House a track he seems to like.

Injuries have played a part but also have the decisions made by Matt Ford like sacking Newman after he came back from injury and now riding well which should not come as a shock to anyone then we could have got Starke who has ridden pretty well on the whole to replace Klindt, in my opinion that would have been much better. Was THJ available when we got Kennett because if he was why didn't we get him, it cannot come as much of a surprise that Jonasson is out performing Kennett.

Love the comment - " came out of the office to witness another 5-1 to Rye House " .... shouldn't he have been out there already motivating his riders as opposed to stuck in an office ? Surely he has to take some of the blame cos it was his team after all !

Struggle to understand why Matt is so surprised at KK's performance last week. It is hardly surprising that he was able to go unbeaten on a track he knows as well as any, when the Poole riders are 'not doing what they were brought in to do'. Always going to happen really!

KK has done well when he hasn't had to ride at number one - it must be a mind thing for him.

Poole's problem was that he didn't move out of the number one spot.

Love the comment - " came out of the office to witness another 5-1 to Rye House " .... shouldn't he have been out there already motivating his riders as opposed to stuck in an office ? Surely he has to take some of the blame cos it was his team after all !

Out the end of the day it's not Matt or middlo astride the bike

• Like 1

as the promoter of the club I would have thought Matt would have been out there all the time must admit never see him around anyway very strange !!!