Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Let the discussions commence

Think we need a right old sort out, build the team around Newman and Ellis get rid of the rest.

I'd keep Brady even though his average is third heatleader-ish. Newman did well last night but what about the rest of the season? Depends what his average is. I'd probably try and hang on to Hans and Ellis too.

As for riders to come in to the team I'd go after Batch, Morris, KK and Gomolski. Harris maybe depends if you think he will up his average.

• Like 1

I think Batch on his average will be a bargain dunno though Lisa, Morris I have always found to be to inconsistent but a change of scenery might be just what he needs, KK maybe to spearhead the Pirates maybe um Gomolski yes not a bad shout but Harris I think is Wolves bound but welcome at Poole for sure.

Let the discussions commence

Think we need a right old sort out, build the team around Newman and Ellis get rid of the rest.

Is Newman going to show some ambition by moving into the team

That is a question only Kyle can answer why don't you pm his dad on here and get him to reply to your question?

• Like 1

I don't think it's a decision that Kyle gets to make? Surely if Poole build a team, and the EDL system continues, which means Newman gets a 3.16 average, he'd likely be a reserve. That's not due to any lack of ambition of Kyle's....

As for the rest of the Pirates next season, I'd want to see KK at Poole, Kurtz should be back, and Jack Holder will likely be given a spot too. Ellis and Newman both deserve to be back, but it will all depend on the rules and averages they are given.

Plenty of rumours that Milik will be returning. I'd have no problems with Chris Holder being back as well, so that makes:

Chris Holder

KK

Milik

Kurtz

Jack Holder

Newman

Ellis

Edited by Bleeds Pirate Blue

I'd keep Brady even though his average is third heatleader-ish. Newman did well last night but what about the rest of the season? Depends what his average is. I'd probably try and hang on to Hans and Ellis too.

As for riders to come in to the team I'd go after Batch, Morris, KK and Gomolski. Harris maybe depends if you think he will up his average.

Another bunch of losers then?

You have to be joking re: Batchelor!!

Can't see Poole chasing Harris either, despite an attractive average. I'd have thought that Ford/Middlo will be looking for younger riders for the team.

• Like 1

I don't think it's a decision that Kyle gets to make? Surely if Poole build a team, and the EDL system continues, which means Newman gets a 3.16 average, he'd likely be a reserve. That's not due to any lack of ambition of Kyle's....

As for the rest of the Pirates next season, I'd want to see KK at Poole, Kurtz should be back, and Jack Holder will likely be given a spot too. Ellis and Newman both deserve to be back, but it will all depend on the rules and averages they are given.

Plenty of rumours that Milik will be returning. I'd have no problems with Chris Holder being back as well, so that makes:

Chris Holder

KK

Milik

Kurtz

Jack Holder

Newman

Ellis

Decent looking team but the promotors need to make sure you don't have Ellis & Kyle as they both need to be given a chance in the top 5.

• Like 1

I think that depends on the format next year I sure kyle will hold is own in any elite league team hopefully it will be poole

You have to be joking re: Batchelor!!

Can't see Poole chasing Harris either, despite an attractive average. I'd have thought that Ford/Middlo will be looking for younger riders for the team.

Batch is a gamble but if it pays off definitely worth it. If you want instant success you have to get riders who will improve their ave by at least a point. Batch potentially fits into that category.

With Poland's latest stunt think all is in the air

If they go through with it you won't be seeing:

Holder

KK

Lindback

Janowski

Milik

etc etc