Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Lets hope all 3 do but at worse I would take 2 of them reading as it does presently.

The die is set for 2017 so let's get on with it but I do hope that the BSPA and individual promoters bang heads together during the season to come up with something workable for 2018 otherwise our sport will descend into farce. For me its one big league with a KO and maybe even a league cup style comp as they had in old PL last season. just knocking thoughts around. I am also sure the powers that be could com up with a sensible idea on team strengths/points limits and let the promoters work within their budgets.

No different to other sports. Money will always play its part just as we have the Man Utd/City - Honda/Suzuki - Mercedes/Red Bull/Lotus situations plus smaller teams. Ultimately in Speedway it is still only 4 riders per race and you will never have 4 World Class stars in a race with the points limits so we would still get racing we all want to see - experience - middle order - lower order - youth.

Is it really so difficult if the sport wants to fight for its existence/future. Also means clubs in Scotland would see a Poole just as we would see them down in the South.

Anyway I will hope we win the league and KO Cup in 2017 while seeing exciting racing and exciting young talent,and keep my fingers crossed my thoughts bear fruit for 2018.

We had a league cup style comp in 0-3 but it didn't really take off, although we won it. Unsurprisingly !! :rofl:

Win the league, im sure that Matt will not take last season lying down. Im sure that CVS is keeping our trophy warm as i speak.. Just keep it clean..

Edited by Starman2006

Looks like Jack Holder will be at number 1 for Peterborough in the championship. I fully expect him to kick on next season

Congratulations to Matt Ford who has managed to get 3 riders in on their Premier League averages which are lower than their Elite ones.

No complaints from me as the pathetic other promotors let it happen.

Sadly shows the state of our speedway when Nicolai is a stand out signing.

In terms of putting a team together I think this is one of Poole's best in such a watered down league.

• Like 3

Congratulations to Matt Ford who has managed to get 3 riders in on their Premier League averages which are lower than their Elite ones.

No complaints from me as the pathetic other promotors let it happen.

Sadly shows the state of our speedway when Nicolai is a stand out signing.

In terms of putting a team together I think this is one of Poole's best in such a watered down league.

I don't think that is fair on the other promoters.

Poole have much more to offer a rider thanks to their great sponsorship and bigger crowds.

You could be the greatest promoter in the world, but if you don't have the crowds or the sponsorship interested in your area of this country, I think it is harsh to the other promotions as bad promoters.

Like I wouldn't call a Manchester United FC chairman any better than a Bury FC chairman.

To be honest, I am just pleased the league is running and hasn't gotten to the state of Denmarks 5 man teams yet.

Well J.Holder is rumoured to sign for Peterborough which is interesting. Is Brady going to get a ride somewhere else in the championship in the UK??

Well J.Holder is rumoured to sign for Peterborough which is interesting. Is Brady going to get a ride somewhere else in the championship in the UK??

I don't know. Are you now Brady's Championship pimp? Did pimping Cyfer to Premiership Clubs become futile?

I don't think that is fair on the other promoters.

Poole have much more to offer a rider thanks to their great sponsorship and bigger crowds.

You could be the greatest promoter in the world, but if you don't have the crowds or the sponsorship interested in your area of this country, I think it is harsh to the other promotions as bad promoters.

Like I wouldn't call a Manchester United FC chairman any better than a Bury FC chairman.

To be honest, I am just pleased the league is running and hasn't gotten to the state of Denmarks 5 man teams yet.

Poole doesn't even have a team sponsor at the moment?

I don't know. Are you now Brady's Championship pimp? Did pimping Cyfer to Premiership Clubs become futile?

You make me laugh so much. Just want to see riders who have good styles ride over here. Would rather have Cyfer in my team, than most of the young British riders. More entertaining.

You make me laugh so much. Just want to see riders who have good styles ride over here. Would rather have Cyfer in my team, than most of the young British riders. More entertaining.

what a sad comment
  • Like 4

Yeah good idea get rid of young brits for a foriegner who isnt any better...............great attitude

• Like 4

Looks like Jack Holder will be at number 1 for Peterborough in the championship. I fully expect him to kick on next season

Interesting option for Panthers if true as Jack has a place in the Torun squad with his brother, and Peterborough are going for mainly Sunday meetings??!! :shock:

• Like 1

Yeah good idea get rid of young brits for a foriegner who isnt any better...............great attitude

From what i have seen Cyfer is worse than most young brits.

Interesting option for Panthers if true as Jack has a place in the Torun squad with his brother, and Peterborough are going for mainly Sunday meetings??!! :shock:

Either Jack isn't riding for Torun or the story holds no water, i would go for the latter!

• Like 1

You are still a young man and in my opinion if you want to watch speedway for a long time then you will have to get your head around the fact that developing our own riders is possibly the only way the sport in this country can hope to have a long term future.If the problems at Plymouth B/vue,Coventry,Leicester and Workington in one season do not give you a clue as to what trouble our sport is in nothing will.

You are still a young man and in my opinion if you want to watch speedway for a long time then you will have to get your head around the fact that developing our own riders is possibly the only way the sport in this country can hope to have a long term future.If the problems at Plymouth B/vue,Coventry,Leicester and Workington in one season do not give you a clue as to what trouble our sport is in nothing will.

I am Young and only been watching speedway for about 6 years properly because i did not live in UK so I will accept my ignorance. But can the UK not pride itself on creating future GP stars. Because at the Moment in the UK, Fricke, Lambert, Holder and Kurtz have a very good shot. But as a nation we gave Holder, Doyle and Ward that chance can we not simply be happy with creating future GP stars. Some yes will not live up to expectations such as Nick Morris who IMO has not lived up to it.

With the squad that Torun has this year I cant see him getting many opportunities unless there are injuries.

• Like 1